New ESL Teacher moving to Hanoi, Vietnam

Hi Everybody,

I am currently residing in Turkey. I would like travel solo to the beautiful country of Vietnam and start living in Hanoi in April.
I have BA degree in Comparative Literature and hold a CELTA Certificate.

I have a couple of questions and would very much appreciate to get some feedback;   
* Would any of you know any teaching jobs going around in April for a New English Teacher?
* If I came on my UK passport and bought a tourist visa on-line, will there be any problems when hired, to get a work permit? 
* Are there any reliable web-sites to find a shared flat, no more than 250$ a month.

Thanks in advance & Kindest Regards  :)

Hi Jasminye,

I advise you to read the articles about work and visas in Vietnam in these two sections below :

- Work in Vietnam
- Visas in Vietnam

For your job request, the Language teacher jobs in Hanoi section is at your entire disposal, feel free to post your CV there.

For accommodation, i advise you to have a look to the Shared accommodation in Hanoi section, you will find some offers there. If ever you don't see the accommodation of your dream here, you may also post your request and give details about the type of accommodation you are looking for, your monthly budget etc.

How long will you stay in Vietnam please?

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Thank you so much for the information :) I am planning on staying as long as it takes, maybe 6 months and more, depending on the job situation.

Jasminye wrote:

I have BA degree in Comparative Literature and hold a CELTA Certificate.

That's good.  You'll probably find work soon after you arrive, if not before then, based on those qualifications. 

* Would any of you know any teaching jobs going around in April for a New English Teacher?   There's a steady stream of ads running, year round.  The only time the flow becomes a trickle is during the Tet holidays, which are observed in January/February.  The end of May/beginning of June may be slow, as the schools have a 2 week break before the summer session begins.  Some schools keep their teachers working, though.  It depends on the school, the students and the type of class that you'll be teaching.   TOEIC classes, for example, would probably continue uninterrupted.

* If I came on my UK passport and bought a tourist visa on-line, will there be any problems when hired, to get a work permit? 

* Are there any reliable web-sites to find a shared flat, no more than 250$ a month. I'll send you a private message regarding this and the websites you can check, in addition to this one, of course.

I'll answer these questions in a p/m (private message).

Thanks in advance & Kindest Regards.

You're welcome.   :top:

Wellcome to Vietnam.

Hi Jasminye,

Welcome to VietNam. There are many English centers in HaNoi and HoChiMinh, like LanguageLink, Apollo or British Council... I hope it can help you

Good luck,

(Moderated: Please post in the section teaching jobs in Hanoi)

Welcome to Vietnam,
I'm working about Cheap Flights, Information Technology. I'm very glad to help you

Hi Jasminya

We are seeking English teacher to teach English to children in Hanoi, Vietnem now, so you can contact with us.

Our email: [email protected]

We hope to get your email.

Kind regards

Hi Thuy Le,

Do you still need Native English Teacher? I have a friend and he is living in Ha Dong, Ha Noi now and he has many years experience in teaching English and he did teach in FPT university in Ho Chi Minh before. So i think he is suitable for your school.
Thank for your prompt reply.

hi Chinh,

thank you very much for your information. Actually, I still need native E teachers. Could you give me some more information about your friend? I am very grateful if you send me his/ her contact.
I hope to get your information soon.
Best wishes,
Thuy Le

Hi Thuy,

I already email you his information. So you can contact directly with him to have more information. Hope you can find a good teacher for your students.

My name 's Thành , from Hanoi, i have kids school  about 50 childrent from 5 to 12 years old, we need english teacher for scholl, pls contact to me ; Mr Thanh 0986522679, many thanks !

Hello Dang Duc Thanh and welcome to the forum of Expat.com

Please check out adverts of teachers looking for work here : Language teacher jobs in Hanoi

You may also drop an advert there to better spread the word

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

I would highly recommend that anyone that's considering Hanoi as a place to teach English look through this guy's review of the schools he's worked for.  The b/s that teachers have to wade through here defies belief at times and makes $25 an hour seem paltry, especially when you factor in the fact that you're probably going to be ripped off eventually.

A Taste of Hanoi

Hi

Good to know you are seeking a teacher.

Would like to know; how soon you want a teacher to join your school?

Regards.