One Day Tickets to BIC

I know it is kind of late in the game, but does anyone know if you can get tickets to just the afternoon practice run on Friday at 14:00-15:30?
Looking online all I find are 3-day passes.

Thanks.

Hi,

as far as i know, the 1 day passes have been removed, it's only 3 days passes available this time. (im guessing it's because of the night race for the first time & they are expecting lot of crowd)

T&R
Arjun.

Yes, we were told no 1 day tickets.

Try Mums In Bahrain - loads coming up for sale on there - you may get a bargain

Thanks.
I called BIC directly once then opened this morning and you are right.
3-day passes only.

They have the right to do this, but it is disappointing for those with a small boy that really wants to go see even just a practice session, but could never handle (or even want) to go 3 days.

FYI - kids have a 50% discount. But the cheapest ticket is BD 60 (BD 30 for kids). For a couple and a child it is BD 150 (plus parking and incidentals). That is far too expensive for just a couple of hours on the first afternoon.
Oh well. Maybe next year.

We basically only watch cartoons in our house so I have no idea where I might find coverage on TV.
Does anyone know if ant of the events are being shown on TV and if so on which channel(s)?

I am sorry this is a bit late Stakan - but Bahrain TV channels show the race live. Something to note for the next year I suppose :)

I understood the race was shown on Al Jazeera Sports, Star Sports 4, and Abu Dhabi Sports 2. Of these three I only get Abu Dhabi Sports. When race time came, AD Sports 2 was not actually showing it, but instead there was a football game on.
I went through every channel we get (basic OSN, plus many free-to-air) and couldn't not find it.
I had one disappointed little boy on my hands!

Poor baby. Maybe we should make it up to him - lets take him to the go karting track one of these days!?

What say?

I did tell him we would go there for something else.
He might be too little for the carting yet though, no?

I'll keep my eye open for other events at BIC too.

Indeed he is small for karting, but we can just let him watch other people drive. He will get a similar experience, and with much less noise.

I have a simple answer to your question Stakan and Farhaz.. Why wait till next year to get tickets for BIC when you can just watch how they drive on the roads here... i mean i could be mistaken but people drive here like they are on the racing track!!  :lol:

just kiddin Stakan. - On a serious note, if your little one like cars and riding or watching, there is a small amusement park in Juffair, next to coral bay and i cant remember exactly, but i think they may have the small kids go cart type of vehicle (please dont quote me on this) where kids can ride. There is a large play area there and there even a train thats goes around in the park that takes kids for short rides. Your little one may like this?  ;)

Hope this helps..
:cool:

jazzy851 wrote:

I have a simple answer to your question Stakan and Farhaz.. Why wait till next year to get tickets for BIC when you can just watch how they drive on the roads here... i mean i could be mistaken but people drive here like they are on the racing track!!  :lol:

That is of course certainly true, jazzy  :one

jazzy851 wrote:

just kiddin Stakan. - On a serious note, if your little one like cars and riding or watching, there is a small amusement park in Juffair, next to coral bay and i cant remember exactly, but i think they may have the small kids go cart type of vehicle (please dont quote me on this) where kids can ride. There is a large play area there and there even a train thats goes around in the park that takes kids for short rides. Your little one may like this?  ;)

Hope this helps..
:cool:

That is true. This is at the corniche next to the Marina Club. There is a kids play area and the train too. The train ride is fun even for big kids like me.

Been to the corniche many times.
This was one of the first places Farhaz introduced me to in Bahrain.

And my son can't go there without riding that train!