How to find job in Jakarta?

ciao all! i want to ask about find job. I'm from Italy, and intends to move to Jakarta and planning to look for work there. Since this is my first time to go to Indonesia, so I don't know how things are going there. Is it possible, if I apply early arrival for tourist visa, while holiday there i also looking for a job for a month, and when i find it, I go to immigration to apply working visa. Is that possible? or how it should be? In Jakarta I only know my Indonesian girlfriend. So i need information from you as an expatriate in Jakarta. Thank you so much, i'm looking forward for your respond soon.

best regards

what kind of job did you expecting and what is your background education, i am not promise but i think i can help you. thanks

You can enter Indonesia on a 30 day tourist visa (Extendible for a further 30 days at any immigration office)and you're free to LOOK for work but not actually do any.
Even if you find work, you MUST leave the country before your visa expires.
Your place of work will sort out the rest.

Ciao princess Sandra. My background education is social worker in the hospital. But i think, i could try and do any job in Jakarta (if i find one), example maybe become a chef for italian restaurant, or a coach for soccer school, or anything! So glad if i could hear some good news from you. Thanks to you too.

Ciao mas fred! Thank you for your information. So, with the tourist visa i could search and find a job there? And how if i already get a job, and i change my visa become working visa? could i do that??

Hello Michele,
Indonesia's nice country. Jakarta is one of big cities in Indonesia, I think you need to enjoy it first, then decide to stay long or not. Because if you want to work over here, you should consider about salary and expenses. And it's easier to get job if you have connection. Good luck for you!

Hello there,

I hope you wil like Indonesia. Try to find in jobstreet or jobsdb.
If you are good looking  who knows you can be a model :)

All the best

Hi Michele,
Welcome to Indonesia. It is a wonderful country. You can arrive directly to Indonesia and at the port of entry, apply for on arrival visa. This does not take more than 15 minutes at the airport. This visa is granted for 30 days which can be extended for another 30 days. Therefore, you can stay here for 60 days and are free to look for a job.
If you get a job, then your employer will take care of the rest of the process. so, you need not worry about it.
As i understand, you are flexible to do any job, I can help you secure a soccer coach job in a reputed International School here.
If you are serious, please send me your resume indicating your expected date of arrival.
Hope you will admire your stay in Jakarta, Indonesia as much as I do.
Cheers!!!
Billy

wow billy! thank's for you info and job offer, its mean a lot for me. I really appreciate it! :) But, since i still have something to errand in Italy,  probably i could arrive in Jakarta about September/October. Is it still possible for the job? 'cause honestly i really have passion in soccer, and that would be cool if i could work according to it. Thank's a lot, cheeers!

menang2013 wrote:

Hello there,

All the best

I am a Filipino and wanted to work in Indonesia, too. If I post my CV in jobstreet or jobsdb, will they give attention to my application?

bethorizer wrote:

Hello Michele,
Indonesia's nice country. Jakarta is one of big cities in Indonesia, I think you need to enjoy it first, then decide to stay long or not. Because if you want to work over here, you should consider about salary and expenses. And it's easier to get job if you have connection. Good luck for you!

What if I don't have any connections there? Would there be any options to apply? I want to work and live in Indonesia.

It should be mentioned that jobs for foreigners in Indonesia are not readily available by any stretch of the imagination.  In general, foreigners eligible for employment in Indonesia must have specific skills and/or work experience that cannot otherwise be found within the local population (Indonesian citizens). 

Unemployment is a serious problem in Indonesia, and in some areas it's in excess of 10% for college graduates.   

Truth be told, there are a large number of illegal foreign workers in Indonesia, but if caught there are serious consequences including prison and very hefty fines. 

Charm, in your particular situation you might want to wait a couple of years because in 2015 a new ASEAN agreement goes into effect which will allow for an almost free flow of citizens of ASEAN member countries to seek jobs in other ASEAN member countries, but that isn't the case right now.

i suggested that you use websites for jobs like jobstreet or jobsdb or karir.com. Maybe make a linkedin profile. make sure you know what you want to do before you come here.

mizzmagz wrote:

i suggested that you use websites for jobs like jobstreet or jobsdb or karir.com. Maybe make a linkedin profile. make sure you know what you want to do before you come here.

What do you mean by that? But, thanks for that piece of advice..

iamcharmestember wrote:
menang2013 wrote:

Hello there,

All the best

I am a Filipino and wanted to work in Indonesia, too. If I post my CV in jobstreet or jobsdb, will they give attention to my application?

Hmmm do you have any specific interest of city where to work? because in my city there are many international school that hiring people from Philippine to be a teacher.

I have no ideas what kind of qualification they will ask but I have some friends in those international school I can try to pass your CV to them, but its if you interested to work in Semarang.

Semarang is in central java about more than 500km away from Jakarta. nice small transit city, with cheaper living cost and less traffic than Jakarta hehehehe.

Take note of Ubian's post.
Illegal workers can get into a lot of trouble.

Hi, you can not change your tourist visa to work visa & for work visa you should have a sponsorship, then you should go to Singapore for visa processing. In case you want just to survive and earning some money you can teach privately & some company hiring such temporary teachers but paying them less than comparing to the ..... anyway wish you the best, take care.

There is a huge crackdown on anyone trying to find work here as teachers if they are not from the 5 recognised English speaking countries and do not hold the right qualifications. You might be better to contact your embassy and see if they know of work that you could do here.

"...if they are not from the 5 recognised English speaking countries..."

I keep pressuring my brother in law to introduce a bill removing Australia from that list of 5 countries.   :D

Ubudian wrote:

I keep pressuring my brother in law to introduce a bill removing Australia from that list of 5 countries.   :D

Is the correct answer.

lukereg wrote:
Ubudian wrote:

Is the correct answer.

So there's hope for us Kiwis then...????  ;)

Kiwis always welcome.

"As i understand, you are flexible to do any job, I can help you secure a soccer coach job in a reputed International School here.
If you are serious, please send me your resume indicating your expected date of arrival.
Hope you will admire your stay in Jakarta, Indonesia as much as I do.
Cheers!!!
Billy"

hi, Billy. i'm Lyes. now to know you here. l saw ur reply for michele, i would like to introduce my self because my background is teacher in psychal education sports. i'm living in jakarta, Bintaro exactly. please send more information about ur job offers : [email protected]

thanks a lot

[moderated: pls avoid copy paste msg on all the forums]

hii
i am living in india an engineering graduate in Electronics and communication .i am looking for have a job at jakarta in electronics designing field. i have 1 year exp. in a electronics company. please help me if you can.

thanks before.

Good luck with that.

I'm working as FB manager in a 5 star hotel in Bangkok at the moment and if like to move to jackarta.
Can anyone help me to find a job
Kind regards
Angelo

I'd like to find a job as FB manager in 5 start hotel in jackarta. I am qualify for this position and I have many years experience in hospitality industry.
Can you help me to get a job in jackarta?
Best wishes
Angelo

Here are a number of 5star hotels, the best would be you contact them and send your CV. Just google for the contact details.

Hi Angelo

I come across your message just now surfing online...
I assume u already moved to Jakarta. I'm an Italian native chef working in singapore at the moment but moving to jakarta very soon. Looking for a new challenge job in there still in culinary.
If u can I would appreciate very much any help on finding a job there.

Thank you very much
Cheers

Toni

Read my post above, contact the international hotels.

Better to do that first before moving since it is more than difficult to get work permits.

Only expats with very special skills (what locals don't have) may get a work permit granted

^
and those permits and visa seem harder to get hold off at the moment.

Hi Angelo thanks for replaying!

I'm going there next week for start looking around since not that far Singapore where I stay.

I also read that most of people consider Indonesia a place where you need connections to speed up on your job opportunity!

Anyway I'm already doing some research on my own through internet.... Crossing fingers some thing coming out soon!

Ps. Sei Italiano ? Vivi Gia in Jakarta?

Grazie
Have a good day ahead

Toni

Greetings everyone! My wife was offered a package to work in Jakarta, and we are seriously considering the relocation. I am looking for job opportunities in Jakarta, and am trying my luck on this forum to see whether I could make a connection or two! I am Chinese American, and have a MBA education with marketing focus. Moreover, I specialize in business strategy and have experience in the insurance and tech industries. Any pointers and referrals, even to a recruiter, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all, CL.

Welcome to the forum.

Suggest you read through the various topics/posts about job opportunities and the difficulties how to obtain a stay and work permit. You will find here a lot of useful informations.  ;)

Hi every-one, can anybody advise the validity of issued visa is starting as of the date of issued/stamped shown in my passport or its validity calculated from the date of my arrival in KSA? thanks.
Mr. Mo

Mo Mario wrote:

Hi every-one, can anybody advise the validity of issued visa is starting as of the date of issued/stamped shown in my passport or its validity calculated from the date of my arrival in KSA? thanks.

Mr. Mo

Try here

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=423

I am coming in indonesia jakarta.looking jobs in software industry as software engineer.can you help me to find job?

Adityat wrote:

I am coming in indonesia jakarta.looking jobs in software industry as software engineer.can you help me to find job?

Could be difficult.
Jobs are only available if there are no Indonesians trained and available for the job in question.

Hello all

Please note that some off topic posts were removed from this thread.

If you have any recent 2015 tips to share about how to get work in Jakarta please feel free to participate.

Regards
Kenjee