International movers

Hi- I was wondering if anyone can suggest a reliable and honest (ha-ha) international mover from the US to DR.  I am moving household goods only.  My husband just moved there and he is a Dominican Citizen so I know we get an exemption on some items (a one time thing).  I am just wary of movers since they can be very grimy here in the states.

Thanks

From what city in USA?

We used
Matia Arias
La Rosa Del Monte Express
Worldwide Movers
Dominican Republic
Tel: 809-685-6256
Fax: 809-682-0472 
We shipped a full 40 foot container with NO problems, NO breakage, Door to door service and used our residency exoneration which they helped with all the paper work as well as the inspection.
They will ship from anywhere in the US.
The move when perfectly

Bob K

Forgot to ask where in the DR are you moving to.

Bob K

Marietta, PA

Santiago

May I ask if you could private message me the approximate amount you paid so I know if when they quote me I know if they are eve in the ballpark.  Thank you

Sent you a PM.  Good luck and let us know if you have other questions.

Bob K

Thank you so much.  This whole process is daunting.  Last night I received a quote from a pet shipper telling me it will cost $3400 to transport my 3 dogs there and that is with me driving them from PA to Ft Lauderdale FL.  Now that is almost 90% of my budget so now I am heartbroken that I may have to leave them behind.  If you know anyone who ships snub nosed breeds, please let me know.  THanks

Check with the airlines directly!!!

It is usually $100-$125 per dog to go via air with you but there are some restriction especially concerning temperatures at the sending and receiving airport.
We fly our dog back and forth all the time.

Bob K

I have and I am striking out everywhere becuase they are snub nosed and one of my dogs breeds seemed to be embargoed on many of the airlines unless she was under 6 months.  REDICULOUS!

Bob- What breed do you have and what airline do you usually travel?

planner wrote:

Check with the airlines directly!!!

Off topic but My husband will call you next week to set up something for the insurance.  There was a family emergency this week and it has made a mess of things.  He has to travel up to the Capitol to get his Cedula after the 25th so maybe he can see you then if you are not too far away

They are worried about breathing problems with the short (no nose) dogs. Ours is a havaneese

Bob K

No worries, I am available to meet with him!

Awesome. Thank you.

Forgot to answer the other part of the question.  We have flown our dog on United and American Airlines.

Bob K

Well, good to know your furry baby has made safe flights.  I just cannot seem to get anyone to fly my kids.  I either get breed restrictions or that the kennels are too large to fit on the flights that go to DR.  FRUSTRATING!

Bob- I just sent out a move quote request to your movers.  Fingers crossed.  Thanks again for the referral.

You are welcome. I hope it all works out for you. 

Bob K

Thanks.  I will let you all know how the moves goes once we arrive in late June or early July  I am so glad I found this forum.  I have gotten such amazing advice.  Both you and Planner have helped so many so THANK YOU!!!!!

You are welcome and good luck

Bob K

Santiago

Not sure what you are asking?

Bob K

Bob K wrote:

Not sure what you are asking?

Bob K

Oh, sorry.  I was replying to your earlier question of where I was moving to.

Ok thanks. How are the plans going?

Bob K

Bob K wrote:

Ok thanks. How are the plans going?

Bob K

I tried contacting LaRosa and they still have not called me back.  I have gotten quotes from 7500-25000.00 plus 1900 to fly my pups from Miami to Santo Domingo and that is me driving them from PA to FL.  I have such a headache. LOL

Yikes!!!!

Wow amazing!

Bob K