Getting married to a Dominican girl

They are always jealous, just part of the drama. Yes there are ways! But it's already too late you have a house together. So tell us how long it took from first meeting her to buying a house?

I will private message you some I do.

Greetings all, just my three cents. I don't understand all the back and forth as it relates to meeting and dating women in the DR. I've been reading these posts for the last few weeks and it amazes me how foolish or desperate some of us on this forum are. Im curious if some of the men came to the country looking to exploit or take advantage of the "poor uneducated" women in the DR. If that was the agenda, then perhaps people deserve what they get in terms of the deception. If you treat people as you wish to be treated , usually things will work out for you. If not you deserve what you get!

Joe go for it!!!! Then in 8 months come back and tell us what a mistake you made and we can all jump on the band wagon and say  "Told you so"
You are setting yourself up and I hope you are prepared.

Bob K

Ok I will see how it goes and of course I will let you know and I'll wait for me I told you so. I appreciate the feedback but I still don't know how I'm going to prove the real intentions on her behalf and yes I looked at my intentions also

Is it too late?? I have the papers for the house we purchased and apparently it's not registered yet,which apparently we have to go to the municipal office to do???. I wonder if there's a lawyer I could make the changes and remove her name or protect myself. it would not kill me if I lost half the house !!it's all the other stuff that would kill me ;if she has a baby to anchor income ,if she has another boyfriend that she sees while I'm gone or does she do all this pretending of loving me just for money ???but because I read all these post and been given the warnings it has helped me a lot !but I'm dying of curiosity if there is a way to prove her attentions like a recording that I'm being made fun of or  being used.does she have a little boyfriend ,etc.

Any body in Consuello area with a cell camera/recorder looking for some extra income for investigating ?The seller of house arranged a sale paper of the house we bought.She worked for him before.we did not have a lawyer,I paid with certified cheque,and apperently did not have it registered yet, according to her we have to go to municiple office in town to register.she did not allow me to register the light power because she said they would ask for more money if they see a white person as myself.do I have any more protection I can do with house or any legal rights in Dominican?

I sent you a private message.

Planner what is up with this guy?????
Is he that clueless????

Bob K

yes I have and had no sex --why?? you know workers at grand paradise ??? but I had fallen in love with her and she is stil after me

Oh my goodness. Let me understand - you had no sex with her? You fell in love and you bought her a house. Is that correct?

Really?????

No planner this is the other guy who met the girl and fell in love in a couple of days.
WorkingJoe is the guy with the house problem.

Actually best advice is they both take a vacation to Northern Alberta or North Dakota.  They need to cool off.

Bob K

Whooops so many men so little time.......   LOL

AND yes i know workers at Paradise!  Honey, pay attention -  you fell in love with the possibilities!!! She is in lust with your wallet!  You don't know her, You don't know the culture the language the anything quite frankly!!!!

Joe here is a plan that is cheaper than an investigator. Buy her a smart phone while there, download a spy app that lets you monitor her texts, Facebook, conversations, etc.... You will need to buy the app from your end, and simply download the link to her phone. There would be no traces of the app on her phone. Once this is done, you can monitor everything she does on her phone. If she is two-timing you, there will be your proof. You can look up some of these apps on YouTube. There are plenty of companies that provide these services in various capacities. I suggest you get one that monitors whatsapp, viber, and Facebook, since those are the most common chats used down there.  Personally it would be best to just cut ties and cut your losses, but seeing that you are in so deep. You are going to need more than advice.  The stuff you will probably read on the monitor system will sober you up real quick! Good Luck Amigo.

Dont be embarrassed, we are here to help!

Hi all,

Please note that we have removed some agitated posts.

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

Amand thank you.  Hopefully he also has earned a vacation from the forum

Bob K

Thank you!

What did I miss here??? I tried to click on the old link and it had been removed. Did someone act out of character? Love will make you do that :-)

Yes and hopefully he has been banned for a bit. Total uncalled for response from him.

I am amazed and thankful for how fast the forum Gods removed the posts

Bob K

Hmmm, I must have missed the improper post.
For the better, I suppose.

Tomas you did not miss anything of importance.

Bob K

Oh well, I see Nicolas from Toronto is banned.
Living in Toronto will make you weird,
as will any huge city.
Have another great DR sunny day!

Yes it is a terrific sunny day.  A bit on the warm side.

Bob K

Yes it was Bob!
Today is much nicer in Cabrera, but we need rain badly!

The gardens are on their knees praying for some rain.  Today another day of Blazing sun

Bob K

We are in a drought across the country. Right now in Santo Domingo we are short almost 40% of the water needed daily!  This is not good.  And here there is no understanding of conserving water!!!!

No understanding of conserving anything!

Bob K

Hey Tomas. Quick question. What are the requirements for getting married in the Dominican Republic? I have an American friend who was there recently and wanted to marry a Dominican girl who is already here in the states, but while there visiting her family in D.R. he offered to get married since he is already supporting her and her kid here in N.Y. and would make sense tax wise.  She said it would be about a $1000.00 American to get married and she did not want him to spend that much. Does that sound accurate to you? He already bought a house down there supposedly as a rental property, but 8 months later the place is still not done and she has a family member living there to keep an eye on the place.  How does this sound to you guys?

Why is the house not done yet??
I bet it will never get done
I bet there is more than one family member living there
I know I have my Grinch hat on today.  Not enough coffee this morning.

Bob K

It is not that much to get married. So he supports her, is building a house and she doesn't want him to spend 1k to get married!  Oh no no no, something is wrong. Is she already married maybe????

Planner you read my mind exactly! Bob I asked the same questions.  I have a feeling this one will not end well. Tried to talk sense, but this one will have to hit rock bottom.  Another lonely guy looking for love in the wrong place.  :-(

That little head will get you in trouble every time you let it take the lead.

But like most guys he will have to learn the hard way.

Bob K

Well Bob, we seem to have another lucky
Lady here, AGAIN.
Well, you can get married here, in City Hall, so to speak,
for 500 (US) or so.
Unfortunately, our friend's friend is just beginning
a long, long list of expenses.
On the surface, it does not look inviting.

Hey Massagewhiz... Has your friend read all these posts????????????

Yes have him read.  If he is really a friend try to educate him and keep him from a world of hurt.

Bob K

Thanks for the replies guys.  He is my coworker's brother.  She asked my opinion due to my connection with D.R. both here and N.Y. I sent her the link to this blog, just so she could read all sides of these relationships.  I hope she passes the info on to him and takes the time to analize things a bit more.  When emotional need is involved, it is very hard to convince that person to step back and take a closer look, but I did point her to this direction in hopes that a little light might be shed on a dark situation :-(

We can only hope!!!

Keep us posted on his progress or lack there of.

Bob K

Looking for a nice Dominican woman no drama .I coo like chef I love walks on the beach. I want a woman  that is strong good not a cheat. Someone  strong 45-50. Make me happy as well as her.

Frist Jets welcome to the forum (from a former Giants fan).  This however is not a dating site but rather a site for information on living, visiting and life in the Dominican Republic. 
Have you been here before?
Feel free to ask away  as there are lots of good folks here with lots of information. 
As to finding women they are all over the place, in fact about half the people living here are women :D
Again welcome

Bob K

Closed