We're coming in 4 weeks!

Hi all

I thought I'd introduce myself as I'm coming to Varna with my boyfriend on 12th May with the aim of renting for 4 months+ to see how we get on.

I'm from London and 33, my boyfriend is 26 and from near Preston (although has a muddled accent due to being in London for 7 years).

We're both chilled, really into our music and enjoy eating out, dancing, travel and wildlife. I'm a graphic designer so will be working online, although part of this move is to have a bit of a break and spend time on the things I never have time for back in Blighty.

We've never been to Bulgaria before so it is a bit of a gamble, but we spent 9 months doing rough backpacking around Asia last year so I'm hoping in comparison it shouldn't be too difficult, although I've armed myself with an ebook about surviving Bulgarian culture shock :-)

I hope to be able to meet new people, experience what Bulgarian culture has to offer and enjoy the sun!

:)

You should really enjoy Varna. Bulgaria's seaside capital.
Good luck and please give let us know how you are getting on over there.
I recommend MusicaE as a good indoor live music bar/club (if you like 60/70/80's music), on friday & saturday nights in Varna. It is on the main walk, just before the big entrance to the beach, underneath the cinema. Doesnt get really rocking until after midnight, and a little pricey by Bulgarian standards, though.
Any other questions - feel free to ask  :)

I'm from Blackpool, so I am also happy to describe to your Preston boyfriend what it feels like to win at wembley and play in the Premiership  ;)

Hi!

Welcome to Varna!

I am originally from South Africa, been living here 9 years or so now.

Give me a buzz if I can help with anything.

Kind regards,
Luna

Thanks guys. :)  Can't wait, although the weather isn't looking too rosy for next week! Lol re: Premiership - he's a Man City supporter!

The bars and restaurants on the seafront (or `alley' as they like to call it), probably dont open until june. Same goes for the bars on the beach itself.
There is a bar called `sundogs' in the centre of Varna, which is frequented by a few expats (especially june-aug), should you wish to meet up with any Brits.
Please can you keep us informed of your impressions on Varna and how things are going out there.
Good luck.