Let's Go Diving!

Hi, anyone interested in scuba diving?

Let's plan guys and let's go diving one of these days!  :)

If someone dont now even how how to swim how he can go for scuba diving???
And after treating one patient of decompression sickness i am now afraid of scuba diving...

Hi. Howz u? Nd how do u like life in maldives.

Hi chummaalhu,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Are you also interested in scuba diving?

A little introduction will be highly appreciated ;)

Thank you,

Hasnaa

I am intrested but i even don't know how to swim??
Dr.waqar Ahmad

Hello guys, I am interested for scuba diving too but got same issue like tawari i.e. dont know how to swim. :(
Let me know if anyone can help :P

hello guys!
as diving instructor I will provide you with little info on above mentioned issues.

firstly it is not mandatory to be great swimmer to start diving but it certianly helps a lot if you are confortable in water. so for those of you that cannot swim I recommend to start with snorkelling! you can beggin with life jacket that support you on surface and you will get comfortable with water and moving around with little stress and effort.
once you snorkel with ease and you dont mind water splashing in your face from time to time you are ready to dive!

now the great news for you is that there is some great diving around male and generally every where else in maledives! so it is deffinitivelly worth to try it here as your are living in country celebrated as one of worlds top diving destination ;)

if you want to only get the taste of diving and figure out wither you like it or not. the program for you is called Discover scuba diving - you learn the basic theory in aprox an hour, then you learn basic skills needed for diving in pool or easy shallow water and afterwards you are ready to go for and excurision - the fun diving itself!
this will usually cost you about 100usd and good dive centre will discount this money from diving course if you decide to continue on.

if you would like to get licensed the program for you is Open water diver. it is basic licence that allows you to dive on your own (unassisted but with buddy:) down to 18 meters of depth and will open you doors to fun diving around the world. it consist of five theory lessons (that can be done as self study by reading book, watching video or doing elearning), five or less confined water session where you learn the skills in easy enviroment like pool or shalow water and finally four open water dives where you apply the skills and theory learned in real life environment. this all is done usually in 4 to 5 days but also can be crampet in 3 really busy days. the price around 500usd.

there is plenty dive centres around. usually every resort has its own, the resort centres though are usually more expensive. there are also independent dive centres on some of the islands that are good and cheaper.
but what you should really pay attention when choosing the one is the safety record and reviews from other people (can be chcecked on sites as padi.com and - tripadvisor.com). One good dive centre known to me in Male is - diveclubmaldives.com

[Moderated: no FREE ads pls]

Hi Edvilyn,
maybe it is too late, but i am interested.