Finally took the Plunge

Hi, let me introduce myself and my wife, We are Alan and Sian and will be moving to Sannat in July, we have taken a year long lease to see how we get on as this is our first move to sunnier climates. we will be looking at either  buying a cheap car or leasing for the year (if possible and cheap enough). i work away on the rigs so will be hoping that Sian can make friends quickly so i can go and get the money to fund our adventure (oh and her shoe/Boot addiction) We will be bringing with us 2 dogs (1 x English Bulldog and 1 x Terrier mix) so some advice on vets etc will be welcome and good places for walking the dogs in the evenings.
We are very sociable and enjoy a good night out as long as we can be back in bed by 2100 hrs for our beauty sleep (only one of us really needs beauty sleep and its not Sian)
Any advice or tips are welcome as we are new to the expat scene however we have moved plenty during out time in the Army but this is different.

looking forward to our new life and new friends

Welcome fellow Sapper!

I'm sure you will enjoy your move and there are lots of good vets on the island and places to walk dogs.
Sorry I can't be more specific regarding Sannat but I'm sure someone will advise you soon.

Car leasing for the first year is probably the way to go and you can negotiate some good deals plus dogs are not generally allowed on public transport.

As I'm sure you are aware temperatures will be very high in July so take it easy on your dogs when you first arrive as even late evening it will be very hot!
One the plus side its a great excuse for a swim and a few beers (if you need one)   :top:

Terry

Thanks Terry,
                     We will look into the car issue when we arrive, I'm sure we can survive for a little while without. that's a good heads up with the public transport not allowing dogs as we were planning on taking them on P/T from Malta to Sannat when we arrive, will probably hire a car for that journey then.
Who needs an excuse to drink beer :) i can see me piling the pounds on - need to buy new jogging shoes i think.

Its good to see we share the same badge

Alan

champagne in shoes,.......... but not beer... lol

welly boots maybe

Hi to you both, just to say hello, you may notice a certain similarity in our Badges!! Iain and Gabbi.

iainandgabbi wrote:

Hi to you both, just to say hello, you may notice a certain similarity in our Badges!! Iain and Gabbi.

Welcome Iain and Gabbi.

I can feel  a reunion coming on!!

;)

Terry

Ubique Rules!   :cheers:

Hopefully we will get to meet up at some time. We are over for a week viewing apartments from the 26th of this month. Iain