Moving to Gambia with family

hi! im moving to Gambia with my husband and our year old daughter.  we will be living at the sheraton Gambia for a while since he will be working there. i need help with information on night life (which are the best meeting areas for expats?), restaurants, day care or au pair services, food markets, transport and ofcourse, shopping around that area. i heard Gambia is 90 percent Muslim so is it strict on the dress code of non muslims? in terms of communications, which foreign language is spoken most. do i need to take french lessons? shopping center with cinema halls and boutiques?
most importantly is there a highly recommended expat medical facility with paediatric services.

any advice will be highly appreciated. thanks

Best Regards

thanks Aijsha! thats been very helpful info and i appreciate. noted that down and hope to get a lil more about things that concern childcare. hopefully i will c you around when you get to Gambia?!

Hey

Hi

I am F.Waheed a Pakistani businessman currently having my offices in Cote D' Ivoire and Ghana and interested in information of Gambia specially the free economy system, as I have heard that  offshore companies and bank accounts are possible in Gambia, so is it true and what is the proceger  for it , please if any body can guide me about it and also about the general business climate there [ moderated: do not post your personal contact details here ]

Regards.

F.WAHEED

Expat medical facilities: Afromed, which you can find online as Africmed, which also has maternal   and pediatric programs, and the Westfield clinic. It is a good idea to lean French if you are in WEst Africa in general because not knowing will put you at a disadvantage.  Nursery school I recommend Daina Mariam, which is a bilingual French-English program. Shopping: not much, but there are shops in Senegambia and Fajara at Sabina junction. There are also some clubs and restaurants in that area, but of course Senegambia is where most of the clubs and restaurants are. Food market: the market in Serrekunda is best, although, you will find nice vegetables in the corner market just below the "Traffic Light" intersection at Standard and Chartered in Fajara-Serrekunda.

no gambia is peaceful country, no problem a tall.
i spent 10 years, and never had a problems
there are some shop centre were you can buy everything, europeans staff, senagambia is the place at the moment wereyou could socialyze, the frantic area.
have a good stay
danilo faieta