Would Bali stays as paradise when you're living there?

Well, Bali was quite familiar for me since I used to travel here often in past one year. But, I guess it'd be bit different after I got job in Bali, at the beginning all I could imagine was balancing between the work and the entertain, but eventually I seemed like lose my interest in something fun like go to the beach, or chill out somewhere.
Maybe because I have no friend yet. I came from Jakarta.
Sounds sad, but, kindly to drop me an invitation, good people! even for tea or coffee :) I just want to share thought or something nice.

Cheers

Holidays and work are not the same things.
One is exciting, interesting and new; the other being daily life.

I suspect a lot of people have the same disappointment.

That's a really interesting question. Actually I have family members who are Balinese, and they are of course very happy to return to live and work in Bali. However, for other non-Balinese Indonesian people that I know who also work in Bali and who are incidentally also my family members, moving to live in Bali is something else. I mean they do not go to the beach, they do not go to pubs or shopping for tourist things in Kuta or go to restaurants all the time. They live a normal life, cooking at home or eating at work and not really enjoying the so called paradise. They do not go on tours up country or visit temples and terraced rice fields or go to see Balinese dances. In fact, they deal with the tourists every day and finally just see Bali as another work location, and not as a paradise as they initially thought.

I believe that if a non Balinese Indonesian is inclined to hangout with expats then they may very well find Bali a paradise, especially if they go clubbing or join their foreign friends on nice trips around the island. But if they do not really want to mix with expats or tourists then they may find Bali as just another work destination.

Thank you for replying, Mas Fred :)

Actualy I consider that part, I am not looking for any night life along day, or something fun often. But, ya you know, I was thinking I could easily just go to the beach front restaurant when I need to refresh my mind due to my daily activites. And now, in fact, I chose to stay at my room during my day off, I completely lose any intention to enjoy Bali hahahaha this is weird :)

Hi Mike,

I entirely hooked up with those thoughts hahahaha, I am a diver, and most of my past travel to Bali before staying here was for dive trips. But now, been almost two months here and I don't even touch the sea. Pathetic indeed :(

I think there is a huge difference working in 'paradise' to visiting for fun and adventure and I guess you have just found that out. Things change when you changed your view and lifestyle.
I have thought about working in Bali but I know that if I had chosen that option then it would be just like working and living anywhere else, being too busy to take time to really explore and being too tired to much else and that would make me sad. 

But don't stop chasing your dreams. The diving opportunities will come and you can now fly to other parts of Indonesia to dive and that has to be great and even better is returning to your home, which is now Bali.

Paradise is always what you make of it.
A miserable bugger will always be a miserable bugger, even in paradise, but a happy man can live on a rubbish tip and feel good.

Once you start making some new friends here you'll find it much easier to enjoy the same Bali you used to enjoy.   :)

Hi Luke, hope your cute baby is well (I enjoyed watch his pics on IG)

Couldn't agree more with that, I never thought my view of Bali would be distracted. Funny when I don't feel that excitements when my friend talking about vacation to Bali, I was like hmm ya ya :)

Hi again Mas Fred!
Well, I remember what people said about how to be happy, we need to chose it first. So, I'll try to make it as good as paradise. Thank you for the idea :)

Hi Ubudian,
Yes, I will. Been waiting for an invit hahaha :)