Hello !

My name Is Ana-Maria and Im from Romania and I am a freelancer digital artist .I recently received a proposal to consider working in a photo studio from Kuwait and I dont really know how to negotiate salary and benefits/ accommodation.

I didnt received a offer , I have to think how much I want and mail , and this put me in big trouble because the informations generally on internet are mixed.They offer transport / house and I have to think of a salary.
Also is strange because my work is freelancer I have clients from over the world Im know enough so if Ill be exclusive for just a house Ill loose some of my clients or potential ones.
   Any advise will be usefull for me because I really dont know nothing:)))

Thank you so much for your time and have a great day!

@Aania I suggest you look at this thread Salary in Kuwait - how much is the bare requirement?

I saw it already but for me is confused :) Thank you very much.

They should have provided you an offer first rather than asking you how much you would ask for. This question can be considered if you already live hear and know the expenses and the general salary trend for the job being offered.

Having said that, your question can be split into two more basic questions:
1- What is the average cost of living in Kuwait?
2- What is the average salary in Kuwait for the intended job?

As for the first question, you can find the answer on the thread of cost of living. As for the second question, I need to ask around in order to put my 2 cents on it. Till then, hope someone out there will have the right answer on this. Preferably, post the answer to the salaries thread recently stuck on the forum.

Good luck

Yes this made sense now:) thank you !

slam maria how are you,
I would like to guide you that one room and within salla (living room) with electricity and water one month rent will be 200 approximately in new building.
all food will be hallal available in Kuwait and that's very cheap than Europe price, it will be more cheap if you cook at home.
I think 1500-2500 kd should be salary except accommodation and transportation expenses.

thx and best regard.
mohammad shahid umer qureshi (Kuwait)

Thank you

ok, firstly, eng.mu, kindly refrain from sharing your personal contact information on a public forum. secondly, the lady is asking for advice, and advice she is receiving, so why should she contact you personally?

Ana, salut ce mai faci? :)

now with all due respect, the figures of 1500-2500 are extravagant for the position, if that is the salary being offered great! take it without a second thought! however, I think they will offer more along the lines of 500-700.

Now, I just so happen to have a friend who is also Romanian (hence the few decent words of vocabulary, in addition to a few not so decent ones :P) who is also into digital art and design. believe it or not u can work for someone and still do freelance work.

I can put u in touch with him, and you can ask him your questions directly (it would help if u have whatsapp), plus should u decide to come here, u'll be in with the Romanian crowd immediately, as both his wife (and daughters), her brother (and his fiancé) are here from Romania.

[Moderated: in English pls]