Meeting other mums in BH

Hi expats,

I'm wondering if there are any other pregnant expats out there or mums with small children. I would love to get some advice and find out if there are any day groups for mums and babies. They don't have to be expat groups.

I'm 7 months pregnant living in Lourdes.

Thanks!
Jen

Hi Jen,

Congratulations on your upcoming arrival!

Minas International, a not for profit organization that connects English speakers living, working and doing business in Minas Gerais, is just starting a Playgroup for new parents.  News will be forthcoming in the "MI Weekly" newsletter so look for it there.  If you are not already on our mailing list you can get added from our website (www.minasinternational.com) or send me a private message at:  [email protected] and I'll be sure you get the announcement.

Thanks,
Maxine

Hi Jen!

I would be very happy to meet up with you. I have a 1,5 year old boy and at the moment I don't work. I live in Sao Lucas.

Justyna

Hi!!

I'm not pregnant but have two kids age 2 and 7. I live em Bairro Castelo near Pampulha! We could organize and I would like to meet other mums, and who knows we could organize some day out somewhere.

xx

Elodie

Hi Elodie,

Minas International* has an international Playgroup that meets at least once a month at different locations.  This month they are going to meet on Thursday, 29 May at 10:00 in Belvedere.  If you are interested in joining them this week or at future meetups you can contact them at:  [email protected].  You can also get more information on our website by CLICKING HERE.

Thanks,
Maxine

https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/q-3YLMpp5rGEL6i1sJUVC1JmY80m8poBMjWLCZ378Nvw9xR3W5SWhb2a9pRclrHJSBdB5WwWebu_EOzvq5ny0vhxB0_aAfmUNtsVGOpJowv7s0AdSuKpgG9xLw3GBIZm6sDdKFaMdvvvg7nxU9rSu7Lo26O1BaxsfXBgSQ=s0-d-e1-ft#http://gallery.mailchimp.com/248427c53e540e076492b5323/images/faaddc83-1502-41c2-82bf-4a3c69af9c77.png

*Minas International is a not for profit organization whose mission is to connect English speakers living working and doing business in Minas Gerais, Brazil through networking, education, social and community service programs.

Ok, thank you!! :)

Hi Jen

I was going to suggest the Minas International playgroup, but see that Maxine has contacted you well before.  Sorry for the very late email i've only just joined expatblog, searching for expats in Austria as I moved here 2 months ago with my husband and nearly 4 month old baby.  Before Austria we were living in Funcionarios in Belo (hence being interested to see if there were any expats listed for BH and finding your topic!). I'm english too and my husband is austrian - we moved back to Europe whilst i was pregnant to be nearer family so i left in May 2014 and my husband followed on.  Going back to Minas International, its a great group of people and they put on a varied and interesting calendar - well worth a look.

Best wishes

Emily

Hi Emily,

Welcome on the Forum :)

This topic here is a bit old - i suggest you to please start a new thread for better interaction on the Belo horizonte Forum :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team