Rent a flat or a house in Bangalore

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Bangalore. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Bangalore.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Bangalore?

How to find a home in Bangalore: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Christine,

I personally helped a lot of expats to get a good house, rent/lease/buy a car, interior design etc to setup a brand new house and of my expat friend turned real estate client turned BOSS from sweden named Alberto Diez even saw my potential and skills and I hired me as a Marketing Director for his Ad agency HQ in Sweden and branch office in BANGALORE :)

I would like to share my views regarding the real estate requirements for expats in Bangalore.

Answer: No, it is not hard to find a flat or a house for rent or lease or buy in Bangalore.

How to find a home in Bangalore: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?
Answer: Many of the real estate classifieds, real estate portals and agencies try to exploit the expats by misguiding, misleading and cheat them for money or sell unauthorized or litigate real estate homes. BEWARE OF THEM!!!

Example: Recently there was a news about an reputed MNC firm CEO who is an expat bought a car 2 YEARS BACK and a home from a real estate agent and later now police found out that cars number plate was duplicated which means the real estate agent actually sold an theft car to the CEO!!!

Answer: The rent would depend on the location of house, no of bedrooms, interiors etc

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?
Answer: Your first job is to find a genuine real estate agent like me and thereafter he will make your life easier. I am an part-time real estate agent since my full-time business is into events, fashion and entertainment business.

Answer: Your first job is to find a genuine real estate agent like me and thereafter he will make your life easier.

All the best :)

Cheers!
Sebastin

Hi Sebastin!

Thanks for your contribution!

Armand

Hi,

Its better to look in sulekha.com or get some agents thats better option or anyone you know. these are options for searching house /flat. rent for 2bhk in south blore is rs10,000/pm

When it comes to the case of expats, they might need a house ready before coming in. So the suggested way would be the websites.
http://classifieds.sulekha.com/bangalor … tings.aspxhttp://bangalore.locanto.in/houses-for-rent/307/http://www.magicbricks.com/bricks/city/ … eal_estate

If you are already in Bangalore, the best way would be to get the ad publications like "Free Ads" from a book shop. It get released weekly.

Of course like any other part of the world it depends on the exact location and facilities. How ever to start with you will get a moderate one starting from 10K Indian Rupee.

Every rent out needs to be documented. So you need to make a rental agreement. This will be usually done by the person who's renting out. You may read it n sign.

Try to get a real estate agent or have a query posted here to make it a smooth sale. I am sure we have people from every location in bangalore and you will always find some one to help with your specific query.

[Moderated: Please post in Housing section]

Hi Christine,

Given my expertise in this department here are my answers to your questions.

Yes and no. It can be difficult if you don't have a good realtor. Sometimes the real estate agents here don't do thorough investigations about a project such as power outages, amenities, security, level of maintenance, etc. When this happens, an individual can get caught living in a property with very poor living conditions.

If however, you do find a realtor that does their due diligence in exclusively finding projects that fall within international standard of living, then finding a home is absolutely pleasurable here, as the options are abundant.

It's good to be able to find a real estate agency that does proper investigations about housing projects.

Well that depends on location, features and amenities. Size does matter when it comes to a home. So does quality, and builder's reputation. Some areas are booming and their property values are sky rocketing, while certain other areas still have room to develop and prices are more steady.

You need to be able to show that you earn a steady income, are affiliated with a company and have worked there for a minimum of 2 years, and have a bank account. Your current proof of address is necessary.

Be very careful as to who you appoint as your realtor. Some of them can really give you the run around and take you to see properties that they know are on the market but don't necessarily meet your standards. Find a good realtor who is willing to listen to your requirements first and find something that fits all your priorities- location, budget, type, amenities.

And most importantly, find a realtor who has done enough leg work about a project that can answer your questions BEFORE taking you to see a home.

Goodluck with your Bangalore home adventure :)

Karina

Hey Christine,

It's not so difficult to get flats or house to rent. You can post you ad for requirement on sulekha or bangalore.click.in - http://bangalore.click.in/classifieds/r … rent.html. for free.

If you personally know a local person it becomes easier & safer. My sincere advice find a local lady than men who offer help. It's better to find a female expat who's already here to stay than rely on unknown people promising to help. If you can find a person of your own nationality, life would become much more easier. I am not saying all Indians are bad, but you being a foreigner give chance for people to exploit. I am myself a Indian.

Just google search for your people or expats. Find as many people talk to them than locals.

Going with Real Estate brokers are even more riskier, they will rip you off, because it's easy money considering your lack of knowledge.

But once you know the place & system life is easy here. Bangalore is one of the best & safest cities in India.

Tell me your purpose of visit & how long you intent to stay, when you are coming over & I can guide you which place would be ideal & how to go about it.

If you need any guidance mail me shashangan at G ma il

Hope this is helpful. I welcome you to my city.

Good Luck
Gautham Shashangan

I reside in Kammanahalli (East Bangalore) and the place is known as hub of expat community.  Mostly students from African countries, Korea and Middle East countries besides working professionals from Europe.  The place is located about 7.6 kms from MG Road, 6 kms from Indira Nagar, 12 Kms from White field, 2 Kms from Manyata Tech Park, 32 Kms from International Airport.  The place is also known for its exotic restaurants serving multi-cuisines from around the world.  Accommodations are available at reasonable rates.  Two nearest railway stations are just 8 kms away from this area.  The place is well connected with multiple roads that reaches various parts of the city.  Transport systems are adequate for quick mobility.  Nearest metro station is around 5kms.  Banks, ATMs, Post office, International Courier offices, Health centers, fitness centers, multi-brand stores are easily available.  This is just an information that I am sharing.

stay in hsrlayout or electronic city

[moderated: pls post your ad in the housing section]

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please