Visa progress or rejected by GDNPR

Hello everyone,

I need please to know what means the below message received when i checked the process of my visa on LMRA site.
"Application is in progress with the GDNPR and will have a decision soon , if approved it will move to: await payment (status: Await GDNPR)"

The message appears from 4 days ago and didn't change. does it mean the visa was rejected? or is it in progress with GDNPR? why the message was not changed to reject if it was rejected? what is the exact message received if the visa is rejected?
please advise.

BiBi

It doesn't say it's rejected so it is not rejected. 4 days is not a long period. It could take weeks and in some rare cases months. Just keep in touch with your employer and be patient.

Thank you brightonguy for your help and your prompt reply.

As i know from my friends who are living in Bahrain, the new visa(work visa) should take between 5 to 8 working days and not more. and of course it depends on the nationality of the person.
Do you have any idea if Iraqi-an people have the permission to work in bahrain?

thank you.
BiBi

I can't see why not.

The nationality should not be an issue if you meet the requirements of your potential employer. Visa processing times vary from a few days to months depending on your employer. I too advise you to be in constant touch with your potential employer to ensure they pay attention to your case.

Best wishes.

Thank you brightonguy/Farhaz,

Maybe the nationality of iraqian, syrian and lebanese people have a problem to enter bahrain.
The gdnpr is not allowed for this 3 nationalities to enter bahrain and to provide them a work visa. is it true??

Thank you again.
BiBi

Not sure that is correct. I know a number of people from these countries who are working in Bahrain. I wonder if what you say applies to "new" applications because all my friends seem to be alright with their visas.

Yes, Applied for a new work visa and not renewal

Let me check with one my former colleagues and write back.

Thank you Farhaz.

As i mentioned in my previous comments, it is a new Visa(work visa). I am applying for the first time to a position in bahrain.
I am very interested to know if they provided me a visa or not.

Awaiting for your reply Farhaz.

Alright BiBi - this is the news. I spoke to my former colleague who works for HR and is Lebanese. She told me "it all depends!"

If you already live and work in one of the GCC countries then getting a new Bahrain work visa is not too difficult. If you are in your country still, then the visa application has to go through extra levels of screening and therefore can get delayed and even rejected at time. And sometimes, its just plain luck - if the officer handing your case is a reasonable chap, then the visa gets approved and processed fast.

Trust the above is helpful.

Thank you Farhaz.
I really appreciate your help.

Currently I am living in my country and not in GCC countries. So maybe the visa will be rejected because my friend has applied before 1 month and it was rejected by GDNPR. Do you have any idea why they rejected the visa?

I would advise you to be positive, BiBi.
Hope your visa will be approved soon. Don't let your friend's experience keep you worried.

Best wishes.

Thank you Farhaz,

Let me wait and see what could done. Will update you.
Please one additional question: how many time can we apply in case of rejection? I hope to not arrive to this stage but for my info is there any limitation for that.

All visa application procedures are handled on a case by case basis. Seriously I wouldn't worry until I hear the results of your application.

As far as I know, unless they made an obvious mistake, you wouldn't gain anything by re-applying for a new visa. More importantly, it's not you who applies for a visa, it's your future employer. They should do their best to get you a visa

Good luck!

BiBi - brightonguy's response is spot-on.
Best wishes and be positive. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you to Bahrain soon.

Hi Farhaz/brightonguy

when i checked the lmra site, I received the below:

Application failed immigration checks, you may apply again for a different expat.

As I expected the visa was rejected, what should be done to sort out this issue? is there any way to solve this issue? what could be the reasons?

thank you again.

BiBI

Hi BiBI,
very sorry to hear about the status of your visa.

as Farhaz/brightonguy, have pointed out there may be number of reasons why a visa could be rejected (the rejection reason may be known or not known (in some cases) to the concerned who applied for it (your potential employer). I would suggest you to get in touch with your potential employer, i dont see you could do anything in this case. Hopefully everything will be ok, good luck!

Regards
Arjun

Really sad to hear the news BiBi
A number of reasons can lead to the rejection of a visa application. Of the top of my head:
- the job category has sufficient qualified and experienced Bahraini staff.
- your company not meeting localization requirements and therefore not eligible to recruit expats.

As Arjun says, you could ask your potential employers what could have gone wrong. They may or may not tell you the truth, especially if it is a problem with their own compliance status.

Whilst this may be demoralising, you could take this as an opportunity to look at some other, perhaps better place, to live and work. When one door closes, another (better) door opens.

Best wishes in what you decide to do.

Hi,
Could you please assist me to know the reason of delay from GDNPR. ..Nearly three weeks have been passed & the status remains same as below.
This is dependent VISA for baby and below is the status which is displaying on portal. “Application is in progress with the GDNPR and will have a decision soon, if approved it will move t0: await payment (status: Await GDNPR)”.

BR,Tipu

S.Tipu wrote:

Hi,
Could you please assist me to know the reason of delay from GDNPR. ..Nearly three weeks have been passed & the status remains same as below.
This is dependent VISA for baby and below is the status which is displaying on portal. “Application is in progress with the GDNPR and will have a decision soon, if approved it will move t0: await payment (status: Await GDNPR)”.

BR,Tipu

Responses to your question are on this link now:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=357758

Hi,
I want to know that why my baby vissa application is still under process while all requried documents are rightly submitid.we are waiting for last 3 weeks but still same message appeared.we change our tickets two time because of this delay process.now our tickets are of 23 may but problem is same .tell me what to do.

Hello there and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately there is not much you can do other than waiting for the result. Make your employer aware of the situation. This might help them to speed up the process.

Hi, LMRA & GDNPR have installed new software systems, they have employed new staff and nobody is being trained (typical Bahrain) You just have to sit and wait. If you want other advice then go to the LMRA express service and call the helpline number or email them asking for an update. Even E Visa processing is stupidly slow. I had to wait 5 days and then the day before the flight sent them a harsh email. Visa's were processed an hour later

Hi.. I had applied for behrine work visa.. But my visa status is shownApplication is in progress with the GDNPR and will have a decision soon, if approved it will move t0: await payment (status: Await GDNPR) from last 2 weeks.. Please suggest me how much time require to clear GDNPR...

From last 2 days i get error message "express service is down.. Please try later"

:mad:

Dear batth,

as Josnuggles has pointed out LMRA & GDNPR have installed a new system, so it may be issue with the system as well, in the meantime you could call your potential employer and ask them to follow up on the case

T&R
Arjun

Every employer has to call LMRA helpline to progress all work visa's. If no call is made then you will stay at the back of the queue until such a time as they have caught up with all the back log. If you log on to LMRA, you will see it is a new web page. Hence a lot of the delay. New system, new website, new (untrained) staff. Be patient, Bahrain is a very slow country and things take a lot of time

visa status is shown Application is in progress with the GDNPR and will have a decision soon, if approved it will move to: await payment (status: Await GDNPR) . Same status since last 2 weeks. Is there any solution for this issue? I checked with my employer and they said nothing they can about it since it is government matters

So - Like everyone else you will have to wait. Or call LMRA yourself and ask what the situation is

From all the responses, the key message is simple:

Once we apply for a visa, we have to wait patiently until things get resolved and the visa application is approved or rejected.

Sounds pretty straightforward. :)

Farhaz wrote:

From all the responses, the key message is simple:

Once we apply for a visa, we have to wait patiently until things get resolved and the visa application is approved or rejected.

Sounds pretty straightforward. :)

:thanks::up::idontagree:

Josnuggles wrote:

Every employer has to call LMRA helpline to progress all work visa's. If no call is made then you will stay at the back of the queue until such a time as they have caught up with all the back log. If you log on to LMRA, you will see it is a new web page. Hence a lot of the delay. New system, new website, new (untrained) staff. Be patient, Bahrain is a very slow country and things take a lot of time

I cannot agree more with you, Jo. One's patience is tested to the limits while working with the Government machinery here. As they say, "A watched pot never boils"

Yesterday the stays has been changed
Application is ready for payment; the employer needs to Pay as soon as possible to avoid cancellation. Payment can be done either by Logging on to the EMS system and paying instantly by credit card or at the authorized banks' counters (Al salam , Bahraini Saudi bank ...) , Kindly note that: it could take up to 72 hours after payment , for the visa to be finalized and issued. Once ready the status of the application would change to "Issued" or "To Be Printed" , where the employer will be able to print it directly from the system.

Once the employer makes the payment is there any status update?

Once payment is made your visa is ready for issue. Your employer can inform you of the next steps.

Is there any way to know payment has been made?

Yes, it will say on your profile when you check status. Your employer will have received an email so don't worry, they will know what to do

Hi All,

I applied for my wife visa on 22nd May, unfortunately I have not received any response from LMRA as of yet. Unfortunately my agent is not willing to share the application ID which we can use to track the application online via LMRA website. Is there any other way around I can track the application.

Finally, can anybody confirm the current status of LMRA software upgrade issues.

Thanks

You should be able to check the status of your visa application by simply entering your passport number on the LMRA's website.

As far as I am aware, the software update issues are still going on. However, it's a hit and miss. For some, it's taking ages while for others, it's very quick. My company had recently applied for a visa for myself as I am changing jobs and the approval came in 4 days.

brightonguy wrote:

You should be able to check the status of your visa application by simply entering your passport number on the LMRA's website.

As far as I am aware, the software update issues are still going on. However, it's a hit and miss. For some, it's taking ages while for others, it's very quick. My company had recently applied for a visa for myself as I am changing jobs and the approval came in 4 days.

Good for you Brightonguy. Im still waitiing for mine. Employer applied 1st week of June