Advice on the best british system school, and safe areas to reside in?

Hi, we are soon relocating to Abuja from Nairobi as a family. I would appreciate advice on the best british system school(not necessarily the most expensive) and safe areas to reside in. I am yet to get used paying rent yearly vs monthly/quarterly. How is cost of living there compared to Nairobi.
Thanks, Mercie.

Hi merciemm,

I created a new topic from your post on the Abuja forum for better interaction and help.

I suggest you to read the following topic where you might find some more information about:

Schools:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5454

Regards,

David.

Dear MercieMM,
Abuja is generally safe. I live in Abuja. It is the Administrative capital of Nigeria, and so, money flows, and everything is expensive. School, accommodation, cost of living etc.
You can live in the high browse area like Maitama, Ministers' Hill, Asokoro, Aso Drive, Barnex  and Wuse 11, or mid income areas like Jabi, Wuse, Gaduwa, Area 11, Games Village, Sunny ville, Citec Estate, Gwarinpa, or low income level, Federal Housing Kubwa, Federal Housing Estate Lugbe, Federal Housing Estate Kuje, or Federal Housing Estate Nyanaya.
There are many good schools with British Curriculum here in Abuja. Fees range from & low fees of usd600 per term to usd2500 per term.
You also have good flight connections in and out of Abuja. Public power supply is a bit stable, there are many local and international hotels to stay and feed.
Madical facilities are affordable, mobile telecommunication is effective, and private cars hire as low as usd 2 dollars can take you up to 7 - 8  km journey.

-David

hi David, am already in Abuja now. With the help of the work office we managed to get a house and the children are in school. Thanks alot for your input. Was wondering if its possible to get cars on sale from expat moving. The one advertised r old entries. Duty free will be an added advantage. Thanks.

Thanks AALS for your information, i am now in Abuja and learning to understand the new country and new culture. Where i don't get what i want i make do with what i can find. Am enjoying my stay here. Thanks.