Planning to move to iceland

Hi everyone,

Me and my husband are planning to move to iceland by july.. It will be a new country for the two of us. We are basically from dubai.

We have thousands of questions in our mind before shifting.. Like how is the apartment rent cost in iceland. We are looking for a studio apartment only and the most reasonable one.. And is the pay system monthly?

Second, how to get a job out there? Im from a hospitality background and my husband is a banker.. Can somebody assist us plsss...

We will be really glad if we get a reply to the above queries.. Thank you guys!!

Hello shirajwin,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

A new thread has been created with your questions on the Iceland forum, as here it gives much more importance to your post and you may, as a result, obtain more specific and constructive answers from the members.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Priscilla  :cheers:

What citizenship(s) do you hold, and what level of work do you do? If you do not have an EEA passport, one or both of you will need a work visa, which can be complicated. There are many Europeans who come and work in hotels already. Plus, after the infamous crash of  a few years ago, the banking sector has shrunk quite a bit.

Regarding housing, I recommend reading through threads here about housing. It's difficult to find small apartments in Reykjavik, and the inflation is quite fast so prices are constantly going up.

Just a question for you: why Iceland, of all places?