Expats in Puerto Lopez, Manabi

Hello everyone!

We have created a facebook group that its called Expats in Puerto Lopez, Manabi
We want to share info, recomendations, safety tips that can help the expat comunity.

Please, join us and share your experiences with everybody.

Ha-ha.. Maria.. that will be very helpful for all the three letter US agencies to know everyone business even beyond their  finances...  i am sure they will appreciate it
:)))

Well OGA1, the group is for help one another. Not to "wash your clothes in public" (ecuadorian saying)

You are missing my point Maria... seems you are not well aware of what is happening in USA... very many people have left FB and had their children leave FB..  arrests have been made because people expressed their political views.. surveillance of everything is extreme... it is kind of naive to be posting advice on FB..  and could be dangerous as well...

Thank you for your point OGA1

The facebook group is for ask where to buy gas tank (for example) where to have a hair cut, where find a vet, what to do if someone gets hurt or need medical attention.

That is why we created a FB group, because when we ask seems like no one knows. If we support each other that can make a big difference.

I think the political view is better to keep it for ourselves.

Can you give me the exact Facebook name or a URL? I don't find it. Thanks and I hope to visit Puerto Lopez in a couple of weeks.

facebook.com/groups/expatspuertolopez

Above is the link. Is a brand new FB group, we have been here since october. We really will like be able to have answer for people who is new in town.

Have a nice trip!!

We were told that whale watching season begin in May!!!

Some of us are not from the us... It Will Be a pleasure to Read You and have some good info from the cost....

hey!

Please  comment in the group, so I will know what you will like to know.

I am in Puerto Lopez and really don't do FB I would be open to picking a day of the week to get together and share info.  The early morning with some good coffee would work best for me.

Hey Columbian!

Is good to hear from you! Please, can you send me your cellphone #?

0993577445  I am sure we have seen each other as I been here for last 6 months.   I wear a white Panama hat and every one thinks I am from Colombia  that is what prompted my user name I did not notice that I had misspelled "Colombian" till  after I had hit enter.  Look forward to hearing from you.

I would like to join your Puerta Lopez club, if I am in the right slot, I have been there on 3 separate trips, and would like to know more about sport fishing, any boats for charter? I will be there as soon as I can get my visa problem fixed.  Thank you,  Bob Murdock

There are lots of boats for charter. It all depends how far you want to go.  They tell me the fishing is slow right now.  Most boats do not have the rods and tackle that you would find in the US.  It would be good to bring these things with you.  Before booking a trip have them show you their recent catches.  Good luck with your Visa.