Salary in Kuwait - how much is the bare requirement?

Good morning Expats!

one of the main topics on everyone's mind when receiving a job offer in Kuwait is, "is it enough"?

We would all love to get paid 1,000+ and have all of our requirements catered to i.e. house allowance, car allowance, education allowance etc. however that does not necessarily happen (except in the Oil Industry).

So, lets look at the BARE MINIMUM requirement, which if satisfied, should be reason enough to CONSIDER the offer. And it has a lot to do with where you are from.

Never, ever, ever accept a job at which your average monthly savings for 2-3 months will not be sufficient enough to purchase a return ticket back home.

Lets say someone is offered 500KD, they hail from Egypt (easier reference :)), now the average price of a ticket (one way) would probably be 100KD. now, take away your rent, your living expenses, any other fixed amount you have to spend in a month, and whatever that leaves you with, that is your basic average saving (BAS- or enough in Arabic & Urdu :P) multiply your BAS by 2 or 3, if it is not enough to buy a ticket back home, think twice before accepting.

However, this is  a moot point in certain cases as it is also based on whether or not you have any savings, so long as you keep enough to get back home should things not go as planned.

In the end, as you can see, there can be a million different thoughts and considerations prior to accepting a job offer, which all are tailored for YOU, there is no ready-made answer, every persons situation is different. And since not everyone is going to pour their heart out on a forum to strangers, detailing such things as supporting other family members, paying off a loan (or something more exotic such as running from the mob), no one will be able to give you a proper answer. for someone who earns 100KD a month it would be a dream to be paid 900, whereas for someone who earns 900 their dream is to earn 1,500. You ask for advice from people in different situations, with different spending habits etc.

bottom line; only you can decide what is enough. the basic expenses have been reiterated time and time again on this forum, look for them, and compare to your salary.

And a happy Monday to all :)

Hello legacy,

Wow thank you so much for this very useful input 
Topic sticked :top:

Priscilla

Nice one! :)

Good one

Dear Members,

Greetings of the day....

I have been offered a job in one of the reputed Kuwaiti Government Company with KWD 3500 p.m. all inclusive.

I will be moving with my wife, no kid.

1. We wish to rent a not more than 1000 sq.ft. furnished flat. What could be probable rent/month?

2. In furnished flat what are the assessories we may expect?

3. We go out once in a week to dine. What would the cost in a decent restaurant for 2?

4. We don't lead a very costly life where fooding is concerned, but, how much we would be needing per month behind food?

5. Initially I would be needing a car which I wish to hire monthly along with Driver till I buy one. What would be the rent and driver's salary?

6. Monthly electricity, gas, water etc. are included with house rent or additional? If yes, how much?

7. 4G unlimited Internet per month cost how much?

May be I am boring you by stretching...

It would nice to have this basic info at this stage.

Thanks in advance.

thank you . this useful

I think 1500 kd

Good info

Hello everyone :)http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/
Perhaps this site might help you to get a clearer picture of various expenses in various countries.
Surely, it all depends on one's habits and expectations.
For example, in my home country ppl live from hand to mouth with cca.250kwd a month, so 500kwd in kuwait, with accomondation provided is a dream come true :(

Bravo  :up:

ForumMiddle EastKuwait
#1Report  17 March 2014 13:08:21
Good morning Expats!

one of the main topics on everyone's mind when receiving a job offer in Kuwait is, "is it enough"?

We would all love to get paid 1,000+ and have all of our requirements catered to i.e. house allowance, car allowance, education allowance etc. however that does not necessarily happen (except in the Oil Industry).

So, lets look at the BARE MINIMUM requirement, which if satisfied, should be reason enough to CONSIDER the offer. And it has a lot to do with where you are from.

Never, ever, ever accept a job at which your average monthly savings for 2-3 months will not be sufficient enough to purchase a return ticket back home.

Lets say someone is offered 500KD, they hail from Egypt (easier reference :)), now the average price of a ticket (one way) would probably be 100KD. now, take away your rent, your living expenses, any other fixed amount you have to spend in a month, and whatever that leaves you with, that is your basic average saving (BAS- or enough in Arabic & Urdu :P) multiply your BAS by 2 or 3, if it is not enough to buy a ticket back home, think twice before accepting.

However, this is  a moot point in certain cases as it is also based on whether or not you have any savings, so long as you keep enough to get back home should things not go as planned.

In the end, as you can see, there can be a million different thoughts and considerations prior to accepting a job offer, which all are tailored for YOU, there is no ready-made answer, every persons situation is different. And since not everyone is going to pour their heart out on a forum to strangers, detailing such things as supporting other family members, paying off a loan (or something more exotic such as running from the mob), no one will be able to give you a proper answer. for someone who earns 100KD a month it would be a dream to be paid 900, whereas for someone who earns 900 their dream is to earn 1,500. You ask for advice from people in different situations, with different spending habits etc.

bottom line; only you can decide what is enough. the basic expenses have been reiterated time and time again on this forum, look for them, and compare to your salary.

And a happy Monday to all :)
2 REPLY
legacy
legacy
Cairo

#2Report  17 March 2014 19:25:13
Re: Salary in Kuwait - how much is the bare requirement?
Hello legacy,

Wow thank you so much for this very useful input 
Topic sticked :top:

Priscilla
Priscilla
Priscilla
Quatre Bornes
#3Report  27 March 2014 12:48:15
Nice one! :)
annbetine75
annbetine75
Salmiya
#4Report  09 April 2014 05:46:27
Good one
tafatify
tafatify
salwa
#5Report  05 June 2014 13:57:27
Dear Members,

Greetings of the day....

I have been offered a job in one of the reputed Kuwaiti Government Company with KWD 3500 p.m. all inclusive.

I will be moving with my wife, no kid.

1. We wish to rent a not more than 1000 sq.ft. furnished flat. What could be probable rent/month?

2. In furnished flat what are the assessories we may expect?

3. We go out once in a week to dine. What would the cost in a decent restaurant for 2?

4. We don't lead a very costly life where fooding is concerned, but, how much we would be needing per month behind food?

5. Initially I would be needing a car which I wish to hire monthly along with Driver till I buy one. What would be the rent and driver's salary?

6. Monthly electricity, gas, water etc. are included with house rent or additional? If yes, how much?

7. 4G unlimited Internet per month cost how much?

May be I am boring you by stretching...

It would nice to have this basic info at this stage.

Thanks in advance

I think it all depends on your lifestyle. If you're simple person who likes simple things in life then any amount is sufficient enough for you to live the life you want to live.

Hello tubestake,

If you keep using the forum as a chat board, you won't be making many friends.

Just a (friendly!) advice. :)

I agree with Ribosom; consider this your last warning; please do not spam the forum threads.

and if you are new, introduce yourself.

Hi Priscilla

Please check on this same post, tubestake user could be a spam, same user you have removed previously with a different user name

Cheers

spam or on forum for the wrong reasons; i guess we shall wait and see if they prove to be productive members of our expat society :)

(yes I am a poet in my spare time)

Hi All - just to inform you that we took care of member: Tubestake and thank you for your intervention :)

1- if you looking for below 1000 sq .ft it will cost between 500 KD to 900 KD with fully furnisher
2- TV, DVD, VCR, Microwave
3- for dine it cost between 10 KD to 20 KD this for high class restaurant or you can choose from any Fast food Dine-in it cost 5KD to 10 KD
4- 100 KD to 200 KD
5- if you want to rent a car it will cost 7 KD per day or you can find driver with 100KD to 150KD per month.
6- electricity, water you include the rent or if additional depend your contract it will cost 15 KD to 40 KD.
7- you can choose from three telecom company, Zain, Oredoo, Viva ... i prefer Zain it will cost for internet on smat phone with 30GB = 16 KD per Month
or you can choose internet portable WI-Fi from Zain it cost 24KD per month with 300GB

Regards
Abdullah

@ ghosharindam3

Very useful info u provided Abdullah ...thnx a ton

3ash weld qur6oba  :cool:

3ashat ayamik bro

Hello

Kindly note we are on the Anglophone version of the site, you are please sollicited to write only in English  :top:

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

personally I think 500 - 900 is a little pricey for under 1000 sqf (I guess thats very subjective) ... there are many furnished two bedroom locations for 250 - 500, drive around looking for signs and posters or find an agent and just define your budget... internet posts can get quite inflated - they're serving a specific market (mostly expats still abroad or without local connections) ... a lot depends on the building, and area of the city your wanting to stay in... personally I don't care for active security always sticking their nose in my business (questioning the comings and goings of guests and friends) and prefer not to pay for that - some people like the added security.

an interesting response though :)

Hello,

Useful info Legacy.. :|

Very useful information. Thank you. :)

Abdullah, thnx indeed friend.

Wud u nb able to give me contacts to whom I can a driver + Car?

- ghosharindam3

@Enigmausly, I appreciate your input.

Would that be possible for you to provide me some leads in regards to fully furnished house search? Actually before stepping-in to Kuwait, I am required to see some then reaching In will be in a good position to settle.

Regards
- ghosharindam3

Today Kuwait is not a place to stay back in any case unless you are earning KD2000.000 dont bring your family

No one should plan Kuwait as their final destination and all youngster coming here immaterial of the Nationalities from Kuwait they must think to settle back home in maximum 5 years so accordingly you accept job / spend here or in your country / plan any personal events / plan buying vehicles etc. too

My Sincere advise your own country is always better so think twice to use this as a hub only

741KWD average monthly salary

Very useful information. Thanks

"drive around looking for signs and posters or find an agent and just define your budget... "

Shortly I am going to need a place to live in Kuwait. I am moving there. Indeed, looking on internet ads, prices are quite high 500-1000. Could you please suggest some nice neighborhoods to look around?

"Today Kuwait is not a place to stay back in any case unless you are earning KD2000.000 dont bring your family"

Could you please elaborate on this?
(and what do you mean by "earning KD2000.000"? Is it 2000 kd per month?)