Baby Capsule Laws

Hi,

We are flying into Kuwait next week with a baby and toddler. I can't seem to find consistent information on the requirements for car seats for babies and toddlers. Each website I have found with information says something different.

We will be picked up from the airport by a car service which I assume will not have baby capsules and I am nervous about what to do, particularly with my little baby.

Thank you for your time.
L

Dear @Ileela I don't know of a car service that provide baby seats, but that's only what I know. However, wherever you'd be settling in Kuwait would most probably be within a 15 minutes drive from the airport give or take 5.

Let me add that most cars here are relatively new, which means safety levels in the cars' built in systems are somewhat OK. If having a baby seat is absolutely essential to you (more so to your baby) then you'd probably need to arrange with someone you know here in Kuwait who has a car equipped already.

If you need help arranging this, let us know ... you might find a good fella who's willing to assist :)

If you are talking about the requirements, there are unfortunately none. People cram three little kids on the front seat without any protection, or drive with one in their lap. All this in the country with one of the highest traffic fatality rates in the world.

But you know better, so as jestfedup said either bring your own or arrange one locally.

the general law in kuwait isnt toward the safetly of kids,
meaning that car rentals will not be hyped about such low

since driving in Kuwait is usually fast andshort, i would advice if you sit in the back with the baby into you, this is how most families do it in kuwait.

PS, dont be scared, it will be fine :)

There are no laws here, but the driving is terrible. Yes many people let the kids roam free or hold them - they won't have much chance in an accident - a contributing factor to high road death figures no doubt. I joined my husband here last week - I also have a toddler & baby. I bought car seats in the UK & packed them in one box - Turkish Airlines didn't include this in my baggage allowance ( other airlines may differ). I unpacked them at the Kuwaiti airport & kids travelled in them ever since.