"Single Certificate"

Hi all,

My fiancé has been asked by the Australian embassy to provide a "single certificate" in relation to a visa application.  She has a passport and birth certificate already.

She was born in a remote rural village and there are no government offices there from which she can obtain such a certificate.

Can anyone shed some light on where she can get this certificate ?   

Thanks for your help.

ulric wrote:

Hi all,

My fiancé has been asked by the Australian embassy to provide a "single certificate" in relation to a visa application.  She has a passport and birth certificate already.

She was born in a remote rural village and there are no government offices there from which she can obtain such a certificate.

Can anyone shed some light on where she can get this certificate ?   

Thanks for your help.

Perhaps check out the local police in her area that can issue her with an official letter stating that she is single.
Perhaps also contact the Australain Embassy for clasrification on what exactly they want and tell them of the problem you have.

She will need to request for a "Certificate of Celibacy", cannot recall the Khmer translation for this, from her Sangkat to which she is registered. So, basically, tell your GF to go to her Sangkat and ask for a letter which states she is not married, very easy to get. She will probably need to produce her family book and national ID, possibly birth certificate also.

Hello there,
My name is Rea, I am from Cambodia. I would like to ask about a single certificate that I need for my k-1 visa (Fianceé visa). The Chao Sangkat will ask what that single certificate I make for. Can you please tell me what reason can I say there? Please help me for this issue, I really need it in urgent.
thank you so much.

Few Years ago I was trying to get one for my fiance.  No luck. In MFA I was told that they can't  legalize it.  Or as I assume it could be done but very expencive.

Hello

just see ur post and from experience so far.

for getting married, your Khmer fiance needs to obtain the Certificate of celibacy issued by Chief of Commune or District of her  permanent residence.

If she is ever married, need to have judgment from court.

The permanent residence is marked in her Khmer Identity Card.

Thank u so much, but now it's available and not really expensive. Just I have to give a reason why. Anyway, everything is going well and step by step.