New members of the Mozambique forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Mozambique forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Mozambique if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

hi julien :)
hope you are enjoying good health im new to this furm ,im planing to come to mozambique to explore the markets..
Regards,
khan

Hi Khan and welcome !

Which market(s) are you interested in ?

thankx julien :)
food sector

I am working in Zimbabwe in tobacco credit scheme but I wish to work in Mozambique. I am a qualified agriculturalist with 8-10 years of working experience in agricultural production. If any one needs my services please contact me on +263779135025 or email [email protected].

Hi to all expats in Mozambique.

I'm living and working in Maputo since last July when I accepted an invitation to come work in the Construction Industry.

It is my first experience abroad but until now everything is running well.

At the beginning it hasn't been easy but at the end of the first week everything changed. It is easy to live here, although I miss lot of the things I was use to have in my Home town. It has bad things but lots of good things and we get use to live with less things.

Life here in Moz is extremely simple and nice.

hi,
I own a B&B with restaurant, disco and bakery. I am looking for partner

hi all !!
arrived in wonderful Xai Xai a few months ago , am a chef trained in Cape Town , SA ...enjoying excellent seafood , fresh from the ocean a few metres away from my kitchen !! wonderful !!   
ps ..only need reliable vehicle froma reliable source , preferably suv and light fuel consumption ...any ideas where to look on the internet ? many thanks
jon

try this:

tradecarview.com
picknbuy24.com/

thank you

thanks jeronimo , just waiting for the post to show , thanks !

i am willing to relocate to mozambique any time i find employment

Where are you based? I am looking for business opportunities in Mozambique

hi,
I am in Maputo but my project is in Xai-Xai
you can contact me on [email protected] for more details.
thanks
jeronimo

hi we are in Xai Xai

Hi

We are thinking of moving to Moz, I am a gr R teacher and my husband does maintenance we have a 5 year old son.

Hi my name is Edson and i'm 23 and i'm tryng to improve my englsh and i live here in Mozambique.

You and your family  are well come here.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum pls + register in the business directory ]

Hello,
I would come to work in Mozambique as Oracle dba.
I actually work for italian public administration, so i would consider only long term contracts.

Oliviero Pieri
Firenze

Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g Database Administrator Certified Professional
Java SE6 Programmer Certified Professional
Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate
Oracle Forms 6/6i Developer Certified Professional
Oracle 9i/10g Application Server Administrator Certified Associate
Oracle 10g: Real Application Clusters Administrator Certified Expert
Oracle Real Application Clusters 11g and Grid Infrastructure Administrator
Oracle Database SQL Expert
Oracle Database 11g Performance Tuning Certified Expert

[email protected]

Hi all, just a quick email to say just arrived in Mozambique after travelling uk and Australia the last 12 years, been a great experience which I have now come to Mozambique to share my experiences in the hospitality trade.

Cheers
Frik

hi Fred,
what are your plans in MZ now
jeronimo

Hi their, I am here to look for opportunities to work and see what their is out their. So looking at the moment ;)

Hi All

New to the forum . Just want to know how much time it take to take a approval for Invitation Letter .

Hope will get the reply soonn

Regards

[Moderated: please post an ad in the jobs section]

Hi to you all,

I'm an expat from South Africa that has been in Mozambique since 2001, working in various fields of administrative and financial jobs. I'm 39 years old and the father of a beautiful 5 year old. Just finished my current working contract with a fish importer and I'm looking for a new challenge and opertunity to continue working in Mozambique.

If anyone knows of any opportunities please let me know.

All the best to you all.

good morning to you Team

I'm young man with vast experience in Auditing,Accounting,Adminstration ,Banking and Operations

I'm a part certified chartered accountant, a holder of computerised accounting certificate/bookkeeper, and have Perago financial infrsucture certificate with trakable reference and currently in search for job

in Zimbabwe was at Afrasia Kingdom Bank,Interfin Bank, CABS and here in mozambique I'm in Beira, doing some accounting work and now have logistic and shipping knowledge

[ Moderated : Please do not put your phone number on the forum ]

kind regards

setfree

[moderated: post your resume in the Jobs in Mozambique section]

Hi all....
Im new to all of this...especially living in Mozambique...I came here to open up my store.....Its been very challenging, No its not at all easy to live here..., Maybe if you come across to work on a work contract ect....Costs of Living here are High! And  No its not Maimi....even though you paying the same in apartment rental as you would on Ocean Drive... Postive note..The weather is amazing here in Maputo, there is always something to do..

Wishing to work in Mozambique as a midwife and also to venture in volunteer caring during spare time ,since  l am a member of Redcross association of Mozambique

Helo everybody I am a recruiter and I am looking for drive test engineers in the telecommunication trade sectors and or individuals that have strong IT skill , but based in Maputo. I also require drivers with there own cars. This is a 2 year project and I would like to receive cv as soon as possible. [email protected] Thanks

I'm planning to come and live for about 5 yrs with my children going to school , they can only speak English . How expensive are English speaking schools both primary and secondary in Maputo

Thanks
Jossyherbs

Honestly, they are expensive. Private schools are very expensive in Maputo. for a good school expect to pay not less than 500 USD/month...there is some for less though

I m a class 1 Auto Eletrician aged 23 . I really want to work in Mozambique. I want to come and look for a job in Mozambique but I have no one I now their. How much are rentals.  I want to come and seek for any job

I m a 23 yrs married man, a father of 1 son.  I recently finished my Apprentice training in Auto Electrics and Electronics with Volvo Zimbabwe. I m looking forward in starting my carrier life in Mozambique.  I want help from Zimbabweans staying in Mozambique on how I can start life in Mozambique.  I most interested in staying in any part of Mozambique

Hi Julien,

I am from Maputo but lived a long time in Holland. I just got back a year ago and am looking for a job. My areas are education, art and anthropology. In the time here in Maputo I worked as a festival coordinator, did a consultancy/design job and participated/co-organized exhibitions and video-productions. Maybe needless to say but as a (fine) artist I am also always working on my oeuvre.

Thank you and have a good day

Boa tarde a todos

Sou a Lucie, francesa. Cheguei em Maputo faz pouco tempo. Vou trabalhar aqui e estou procurando um quarto num apartamento o numa casa para alugar.
Alguem tem informacoes?
Obrigada
Lucie

Boa tarde!
I am an apllied socio-cultural anthropologist, specializing in Health, Nutrition and Women's issues in Southern Africa. I lived in Mozambique from 2000-2001, when I was director of an American NGO there, and then returned many times to do consulting work while based in Johannesburg 2001-2005. I am originally from the Caribbean, but have lived, studied and worked in Europe, Latin America and Africa. I am now based in Miami, Florida but am planning to return to Mozambique to work either on a short or longer term basis, as soon as possible. I am exploring work possibilities now, and would welcome any guidance or advice from other members of the Expat.com. I speak Portuguese, and know Mozambique well, as I worked and lived in Maputo, Chimoio, Nampula and Inhambane. Ideally, I would like to secure a short term consulting contract initially and see how I like it there now, as I have been away for a decade and know that things have changed there. I worked a lot on HIV/AIDS, Nutrition and Women's issues when living in the region before, but there are so many ways that someone with my skills and experience can assist in a developing country like Mozambique. My studies in Anthropology have made me an expert at understanding how culture affects the ways in which people deal with health and nutritional issues. For example, the Ebola epidemic facing several West African nations presently  could have been far more effectively curtailed if professionals like myself were included in intervention efforts. Although lack of health infrastructure is one of the main problems, the fear and misunderstanding that citizens, both rural and urban, have about the nature of the disease is limiting all attempts to curtail the spread of the disease- with tragic results. I have worked for decades helping to bridge the gap between traditional indigenous beliefs and Western views on health and healing, so that Africans get sick and die less. Think I've said enough, but just wanted to explain my expertise, as many people think of anthropologists as only teaching or working in archeology. Hope to hear back from someone soon! Ate logo, Doutora Gayle

(Moderated: please post in the jobs section)

Consider obtaining a website from my website development creative studio. Grafico Creative.

Hello there..
Nice being among you. I'm Tamer form Egypt. I've been offered a job opportunity recently which makes me consider moving to Maputo. My experience is in finance and I'm a freelance photographer as well. I am considering my family in this move, my wife and my 2 kids.
Have to find a good safe place to stay, good school for the kids and a good environment to live in.

Closed