Having a hard time finding a place to live in PP

Hi, everyone!
I moved to Phnom Penh about one month ago and I'm having a difficult time finding a nice, reasonably priced apartment/shared room. I'm currently living in a hotel, but need permanent accommodations as soon as possible as I start work on Monday. I plan to stay in PP for about one year. Any suggestions, tips (websites and such)?

Hi welcome to EB!
You better post your add in Cambodia forum to have response!!

Hi Mal! Thank you for your help. I'm so new at this and have yet learn my way around. Thanks again!

Re: Having a hard time finding a place to live in PP
Hi Mal! Thank you for your help. I'm so new at this and have yet learn my way around. Thanks again!

ileana0305 wrote:

Re: Having a hard time finding a place to live in PP

It won't be that much difficult to find a place if you get help from the right person. You can trust senior members.
all the best!! :D

Hi ileana0305,

I moved your post on the Phnom Penh forum in order to bring more light to your request.

Concerning your accommodation request, i think that you should have a look to the Flats for rent in Phnom Penh section please, you will see that there are a lot of offers there. You also have the Shared accommodation in Phnom Penh section as well. Feel free to have a look. I advise you to put your request in these two sections as well if you do not find what you are looking for. ;)

Good luck,

Priscilla

That's wonderful. Thank you for doing that, Priscilla! I really appreciate it. And I will take your advice and take a look around. 😊

You'll have to walk the neighborhoods and look for house for rent signs.  There's a "foreigner's quarter" where a lot of foreigners live; they have housing that has the foreigner renter in mind....meaning it's "nice" but expensive for locals. 

I was recently in the Russian Market area and saw several House for Rent signs.  There's a flurry of building activity at that area so I would say the places are newer.  You can also try the Khan Chamkar Mon area.  That's around Preah Monivong Blvd and Preah Sihanouk Blvd.  And if you aren't concerned about prices, try the Riverside/downtown/CBD area.

Hi Tran! Wow! That's such good, helpful information. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it! :) I think I will try the Khan Chamkor Mon area.

Hi,

I have seen an apartment today and it is good. It has two bedroom with aircon and huge living room and kitchen, also with washing machine.
$500/ month. Just you need to look for someone to share.

Hi Chococambo! That's sounds perfect because I do have a friend who would like to room with me. What are is this apartment in?

[Moderated: please post in the housing section pls]

Thank you everyone for your help! I finally found a nice place to live. :)

[Moderated: register your company in our Business Directory pls]

Hi and welcome to Phnom Penh. I have been living in Tuol Kork for about 8 months now and I really love the area. You can get better rent pricing in TK than in BKK and there is always a nice, cool breeze in TK. There are great restaurants and a new shopping mall with Lucky, some restaurants, clothing stores, Brown coffee, and a Legend theatre. The location is great for me, but It depends on what area you are working in if it will be right for you.

Try Longlin GH 129 St. 19 near St.172.
Reasonable rates about $7 per night for your own room. Very nice place , great staff and lots of friendly guests.

See you there, Look me up I'll be there in early May.

David Curtin
Seattle, Wa.
Phnom Penh
070 745 571

Hi there,Try these sites:
Cam111
khmer24
khmer168
khmer440

Good Luck, Davidseattle

Good luck Ileana,
I am interested reading the various replies as I am moving to PP in November.

I have seen a number of ads for small flats at about 200$ per month.

I have just sent a couple of Email inquiries and I have posted an ad in classifieds.

I am interested to see how you go with your search!

Kind regards,

Dale

Yong Yap Properties has some decent price properties for rent. You should look them up.

Closed