Indian food in Montenegro

Hi,

This is my first post in forum. I am considering option to relocate to Montenegro with my family. I am originally from India and currently residing in Cyprus. I tried to search on various forum but didn't get good information like on this site.
My question is that are there any Indian grocery shops/ or any shops where we can get Indian spices & wheat flour? Also if someone can tell us what vegetables available in market?

Thanks
Ashish

Why don't you come for a week, it is not so far away. It is hard to explain, probably similar to Cyprus...

Hi

Thanks for reply.
I will plan to visit for a week before taking any final decision. But I will still appreciate if you provide little bit information about availability of at least wheat flour (processed/unprocessed).

In Cyprus, there are good number of population from asian and middle east countries. They had some shops which sells this items.

Thanks
Ashish

We have a lot of different flour, wheat, corn, rye, buckwheat. Variety of vegetable is also big, I do not know what vegetable you are interested in, but except regular European we have some specific Mediterranean stuff...

are there any Indian restaurant in country??

I am not sure about this, haven't seen one.... But we have good food too! If you are really moving, you should start eating local food too

Hello Ashish,
Me and my husband,we are crazy about Indian food! And there's only one restaurant in Montenegro, which on the menu has Indian food ... but not very good. We chatted with the chef, who is Indian ... He said that he has a problem finding the ingredients to make Indian dishes. No spices, no Asian vegetables ...
As there are not many Asians in Montenegro, there are no shops where you can buy Asian food.
If you had a plan to open Indian restaurant in Montenegro, we welcome you.
But before that, make sure you have a good business plan!
Good luck :-)

Hi,

even i try to search if there is any indian even.
Food also i couldnt find any information.
Planning to relcoate there but couldnt find any indian on net.

Regards,
Shashi

Hey,
Restaurant & lounge bar Mantra
Ivana Milutinovica street
Podgorica

Try to translate this page:

http://www.mosquito.me/me/mjesta/58pt/c … ran/mantra

Kumbaa,
Mantra is the only Indian restaurant I know of in Podgorica and may well be the only one in Montenegro.  The food is good but not quite the Indian food I'm used to, being from the States.  It just doesn't have quit the flavor I expect from Indian food.  I can only assume this would also be the case at the Mexican and Chinese restaurants I saw there as well.  They don't seem to use a lot of spices in Montenegro although the ingredients seem to be quite fresh.  As far as Indian groceries, I wouldn't bet a wooden nickel on there being anything like that there.  There's a big farmer's market in town that had a fairly large selection of fruits and vegetables but I didn't see any spices.

Indian foods like Real Usha foods are amongst the tastiest and most various cuisines in the globe. The flavor of Indian foods are conspicuous by its presence and you can get an Indian restaurant in around any part of the Montenegro. But it's true that getting all types of Indian vegetables in Montenegro not a easy task.