Relocating to Saskatoon beginning 2015

I have recently made the commitment to myself to relocate to Saskatoon at the beginning of 2015. Currently I live in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
I'm 26 years old and welcome any advice that you can share, especially advice on finding employment while still in South Africa.

Hello Roland Hurley,

Welcome to Expat.com :D

I think that the articles found in the Work in Canada section may help you to find some information about employment.

In which field are you looking for a job please?

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Thanks I will check it out.
I have 10 years experience in retail, of those 5 years were in liquor retail,  and I'm currently starting a new job as a Sercive Consultant for a Medical Insurance company in their call centre, which I will be doing until the end of the year when I then move to Canada.
I also plan to commence correspondence studies for a Bcom in Business Management at the start of next year, so any employment that can utilise my experience, while still allowing me to improve my understanding and skill in Business Management.

Well you will probably have a very tough go of it trying to find work in the area of liquor retail since that is government controlled in Canada. Each province has their own government body that is responsible for liquor licensing and control. The retail outlets are operated by the government agency.

In some provinces even beer retail is controlled by government. Saskatchewan is one of those provinces. Beer retail is through the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (SLGA).

You might want to try looking for something through MONSTER  or  WORKOPOLIS  but I wouldn't hold out a lot of hopes for finding much in Saskatchewan unless you have some kind of skilled profession.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Thanks for advice, had already noticed that, but I would prefer to move out of normal Liquor Retailing, considering the possibility of moving into the liquor hospitality side of things.

Hi, please send me your resume and contact information to [email protected]

Why Saskatoon?