How to do divorce to Egyptian

Hi I am from uk my ex husband is from Egypt he lives in uk now for last 2years we married in Egypt in 2010 he is Christian I now want to divorce my husband after he has lied n cheated on me and has been violent to also just used me to get his visa for uk to do his study but has his remain to leave now so nothing I can do about visa we have 1 child together who was born in uk I want to divorce him ASAP but in uk have to wait till separated 2years so I want to do this in Egypt as believe the process would be quicker can someone Egyptian please help me and tell me what I need to do to divorce him I am looking for a Christian divorce lawyer who won't charge me a fortune and will process the divorce quick I don't have Lot of money as my husband made sure he used it all please someone help me to find a gud reliable lawyer

You can get a lawyer it's very easy there are many who speak English and can deal with it . Careful tho they may charge lot just for being Fournier and him being Christian May have different laws. I think just wait the two years? Or ask your court for exeeption ?

Well, if he is Christian it would be much better to wait for two years and get your divorce in England because in Egypt christian divorce is very difficult (almost impossible). Egyptian Christians has a trick which is " changing religion" in most cases they revert (only on papers) to Islam so by law they can't keep married, this is the fastest way I believe.
My best wishes for your new life.

Good morning Bombshell,

so sorry to hear about your predicament

I have looked on the internet and found some interesting information, however, a lot of the time it is recommended to use Egyptian solicitors and from what I have read in other posts on expat....this is a very expensive option. Have you tried a UK solicitor by using the" first meeting is free option" to get an idea of cost and strategy?

Another idea is to look on the Egyptian consulate site. WWW.Egyptianconsulate.co.uk/Consular_services.php
7th topic in the list is "divorce".

I hope this helps you. Good luck Bombshell, and keep your stiff upper lip, lol.

Kindest regards,

Chuckle_butty. X

I am sorry to hear about your situation. What a nasty piece of work you were married to. I have seen many such examples of women being used in order for them to gain a visa to the UK. Every woman who posts on here is bombarded with email from these chancers all looking for a mug to enable them a visa out through a sham marriage.

First of all I would advise you to contact Women's Aid or Solace, both will provide you with the emotional support which you need, they will also give legal advise on the easiest way to divorce this loser. You have more than enough grounds to divorce him. Unreasonable behaviour, being violent, causing emotional physical and mental distress. Conning you into a sham marriage which is the crime of fraud and deception. It makes me laugh when i see older women on here singing their praises and you wonder how much money they have spent on these losers who are playing the field as soon as their back is turned.

Have him deported from the UK asap,  call the UK Border Agency who will be more than happy to boot out this loser. He gained entry though false pretence, deception and that is grounds for deportion.

Contact them here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about … g-centres/

btw save yourself the expense of hiring a male chauvinist Egyptian lawyer /con man who will charge you a lot and side with the violent husband. their attitude is 'what woman does not deserve a slap' meanwhile billing you for the privelege of being patronised.

Solace Women's Aid are brilliant, you can contact them from the UK or Egypt. They have solicitors working for them who are experienced in domestic violence and will have this loser kicked out of your home by a Bailliff and he will be made to attend court prior to being deported.

Do not waste a minute. Contact them here, and good luck!

http://www.solacewomensaid.org/

If you happen to be living in Egypt you might like to contact the Egyptian Women's  Rights Centre who are involved with promoting the rights of women and helping victims of domestic violence and rape, and compiling evidence  to legislate to end the brutal violence against women by Egyptian men.They are working with the United Nations also on projects to help end the horrific violence against women by Egyptian men.

There were reports of 80  gang rapes of women in one day,  women who happened to be unfortunate to be in the vicinity of Tahrir Square. You can read about this by googling gang  rape women Tahrir square guardian or daily mail.

They will provide legal help for you for free. Egypt has one of the worst records in the world for violence against women.

You can contact the group here:..   wishing you the very best of luck

http://www.un.org/womenwatch/daw/vaw/ng … Rights.pdf

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ution.html

btw under the UK Immigration Law he is in breach of his Indefinite leave to remain, through deception, that is one of the clauses in the law which will deem him liable for being in breach of the terns and his leave to remain will be revoked. Deception is one of the major reasons for revoking a visa. So you are in luck. :)

You read about this here:.....Just contact the UK Border Agency for more assistance.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec … iew=Binary

91 women raped in four days,  for the crime of being women and standing up against against corruption.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -days.html

http://www.prb.org/Publications/Article … egypt.aspx

Hello there, I have a similar situation, and I did contact the Home office, and their reply was data protection. Unfortunately revoking citizenship is a long winded process and not guranteed. My estranged husband, forged my signiture on his application for ILR and gained british citizenship. He then went on to get a British passport without my knowledge, and alos gained citizenship for his son from a polygamous marriage as I am still not divorced.

Omg that's terrible why r egyptian men treating woman like this its awful I really feel for u my husband is now fighting to get access to my son through lawyer n says will take me to court to gain access n once he's got this I will never see my son again he will take him to Egypt I am so worried and don't know what to do I just want to get divorce done quickly and that is 1thing off my mind but then again it's finding a lawyer who will take our side as I've heard they all take the mans side and just want to gain our money is ur husband Muslim or Christian and do u have any religion I want to go to Egypt to do divorce but scared to go on my own as well

Think you will have to wait the 2 years.
surprised you can't do it quicker for unreasonable behaviour.

here in Egypt Christian's cannot get divorced - no exceptions

ive heard off a few people that christians can get divorced but takes a long time to do it they must be able to divorce as we didnt marry in church was at ministry of justice i cant believe my own country refuse me divorce after what he has done to me n now he still blackmailing n threating  me

Your country hasn't refused you - there are rules and laws to follow.
but with all that has happened I can't believe you have to wait 2 years - a quick divorce should be the route you should take
Here I don't thinkitt matters where you got married - your religion is Christian so - no divorce allowed.

Divorcing will not take 2 years, if you found a good lawyer, then it might take few months. i know a British friend of mine had the same situation with her husband and after she found a good lawyer, she got divorced within few months.

The lady is talking 2 years under British law - which is about right if you want to do it the  nice way using legal separation.
if you wish to get nasty and cite all manner of things then it can be done quicker.
I have a friend who is going through s divorce in tge UK right now and these are tge choices.
but make syre you know what is what regarding property etc. Before you start.

i want to point out that there was a case of a famous actor in Egypt named Hala Sidky, Sidky resorted to a ruse to change the religion of the Orthodox Church,to the Syrianic Church in 2001 to be able to divorce. The Egyptian Personal Status Law stipulates that, in case of disagreement, the religion of one of the spouses, the application of the provisions of Islamic law, and thus was able to bring a case to take off in 2002 and got it already.

my country did refuse divorce as we applied under unreasonable behaviour but didnt accept it so under british law i have to wait 2years as my husband refuse to divorce me

how did ur friend manage to do it quicker i told my old lawyer everything my husband done but i have a new lawyer now as my husband trying to get access to my son but lawyer told me do access first then talk about divorce

Anna, if he married in Egypt I don't see how he could get a divorce in the uk. From what I understand Coptic divorce is only permitted by the church. Somebody else might be able to give a more accurate response but please be careful either way, he is still officially married and may be making excuses. The wife will always be on the scene.

They certainly have a very strange arrangement if she's living in another country. It's difficult as I'm sure you have strong feelings for him. But, personally and if I were you I would stay away and better to be with a single man with no baggage. Because you don't want to feel like a man's mistress. But that said if what you have together is special and you feel like he's the one then I'm sure you will find a way. Does he have kids? I'm guessing he does