Best Shawarma In Manila!!!

So far the best shawarma I have tasted is at the Philippine Immigration at Intramuros,near BIR.
My girlfriend says the best place is at Buendia St. in Pasay.
Where do you go for your best tasting shawarma?

Just about anything tastes good after a night out drinking. The absolute worst is in BGC off of 2nd street. There is one in Fort Strip I have not tried.

Yes I agree but I also think after a night of drinking would be trying to keeping it down, :joking::P

I think that a real shawarma will use lamb meat..(am I wrong)?    but I have not found a place that uses lamb, most use a combination of 2 meats.. does intramuros use real lamb? if so, im there

I havent found lamb either. Beef, chicken or mutton/goat.

yes. that's the problem.. you never really know what your eating when it comes to things like that. I dated a girl a few yrs ago and she told me many people in her province ate dogmeat regularly.. needless to say our relationship was never the same after that.. sex was down to a handshake until we broke up. that's why I stopped eating street foods, which for a few years I enjoyed a lot.

dhnindc wrote:

I havent found lamb either. Beef, chicken or mutton/goat.

And according to tommieboy999 maybe dog meat,,  :D

tommieboy999 wrote:

yes. that's the problem.. you never really know what your eating when it comes to things like that. I dated a girl a few yrs ago and she told me many people in her province ate dogmeat regularly.. needless to say our relationship was never the same after that.. sex was down to a handshake until we broke up. that's why I stopped eating street foods, which for a few years I enjoyed a lot.

Now tommieboy because of your message I am going to have to drink 6 vodka and orange to try and forget what I just read,, :top:

haha... I was just being honest. when I first arrived I got a very bad intestinal infection from street foods. I was unable to leave my bathroom for over 2 weeks.. the doctor called it an amoeba.. and said it could be from the street food or unclean water.. as far as the dogmeat, I don't think a lot of people kill dogs for food, but im sure some do as a few locals told me so.

"Try mo shwarma ko" in Lagro, QC ;)

Best i had is from SCC in Malate, near Hyatt, the best meditteranean food for me here in the philippines.. A lot of arabs and persians go there to eat authentic food. They are not even expensive at all. Definitely recommend it to everyone who love med food.

http://www.ourawesomeplanet.com/awesome … enter.html

Chris-An wrote:

Best i had is from SCC in Malate, near Hyatt, the best meditteranean food for me here in the philippines.. A lot of arabs and persians go there to eat authentic food. They are not even expensive at all. Definitely recommend it to everyone who love med food.

http://www.ourawesomeplanet.com/awesome … enter.html

I just checked out the web site you sent me ,and looking at all those food pictures I will deffinitly be taking my girlfriend there for a meal soon,maybe even tomorrow ,, :top:

Thanks for your info.

Lucky gf! I've been wanting to cone back at SCC soon. I just dont have anyone to go with me. Let me know what you think after! Enjoy! :)

I really love the shwarmas at the Zahra eatery in Pasang Tamo. Its in located in City land tower.  Some amazing persian food i must say

Another vote for Shawarma Snack Center along Salas st., near Robinsons Ermita.  Most authentic I've found in Manila.

Gonna check this

there is this Turkish restaurant near EDSA Shaw it is called Bricks and Copper! authentic Turkish cuisine! you can find it besides Dumlao Gym in Madaluyong just around Shaw Blvd. their Pita Doner is great!

And I will try Argos next located in Makati! Selling Mediterranean cuisine... Will meet some expats there hahah :D

I don't know if it qualifies as "shawarma", my favorite is Iskender from Feta Restaurant which is shawarma meat on pita bread.

real soarma is made with veal or chicken meat ,the best i ate was in the land of origin of this food that's Turky ,al over europ i found delicious soarma to ,found not one who even comes close to wat soarma (sharma) soold be here in the phils hahahahahahhahahahaha
beleeve me i surched real hard as it is my favorit food haha :lol:

thanks for the tip i so gonna go to the turkis restaurant  :D

Dreal1 wrote:

My girlfriend says the best place is at Buendia St. in Pasay.

Probably right. Shawarma there are served bigger compare to commercialized food stalls in malls. You can even "sauce it all you want"

The down part is that the preparing station is located outside the dinning area (just along the pathwalk) along the road. and for the very hygiene-conscious, it may not pass. But why not try and give it a visit sometime, since it is just within the Metro.  :)