Live Together

The concept of living together does not go through along the Bangladeshi culture as there is socioreligious factors that virtually prevent the Bangladeshis for living together.Still it is heard now-a-days there is an increasing trend among the Bangladeshi youths which ultimately becomes a great concern to the parents.I do not know whether it is an global effect if so why should we adopt such a controversial thing when there are so many good things to follow !
By saying this I do not place myself on the side of the fundamentalists but to some extent I am in confusion regarding the logic of live together.
Friends both locals and expats are cordially invited to take part in this topic.Thanks.
Rahat

Hi Rahat,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

How can we possibly help you please ?

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Actually I don't know how really you could help me !  Do you know anybody here in Dhaka who are living together !
Rahat

I am confused about what you mean by 'live together', are you talking about people from different religions or cultural backgrounds living together? and if so, in what context i.e., living in the same household, living as neighbours, mixing socially etc.?
From my experience, there is certainly a problem with Muslim fundamentalists accepting people from other religions, particularly Hindus, and many of the indigenous people are not treated equally by the government and other parts of the population; but otherwise I haven't seen any other major problem in Bangladesh with people being able to live together.

Hi Shane
Thank you very much that my post here in Expat.com Bangladesh Forum attracts your attention and you have given your opinion.Now.let me give the opportunity  to clear your confusion.Here I do not mean the ' Live Together ' in the sense you mean it ! Rather its the living together of two persons of two opposite sex under the same roof without getting married to each other...i mean,extra-marital !
I think you are now surely clear about the theme of my topic.
Thanks
Rahat

Dear Rahat,
Thanks for clarifying. I have a number of Expat friends (male and female) who are married to, or living with Bangladeshi's, and yes, from what I have seen and heard from them, there are certainly problems, particularly with those couples having a Muslim - other religion background. However, for the most part, they seem to have overcome these issues and have happy relationships. Most of the problems seem to come from pressure from their extended families, rather than from the couple themselves.
Cheers Shane

Bangladesh is a Islamic country and Islam do not support this kind of live together relationship. So in Bangladesh live together relation is rare but you can found some in Dhaka city.

Gee, I thought Bangladesh was a Sectarian country. 25% of the population are not Muslim, and so where do they fit with this attitude?

It seems most readers are getting rahat wrong. by "living together" he meant the way one man and one woman pass life together in the west under one roof like husband and wife but without marrying. this is not yet the culture in bangladesh,whether muslim,hindu,christian or buddhist,i have heard of such instances where a man takes the advantage of a woman's economic or social problems and utilises her as a sex tool,keeping her in a house rented by him and meeting all her expenses etc etc.in exchange of ........(you understand).

one reader mentions bangladesh as a sectarian country. perhaps it was typing error. probably he meant secular country.

another reader mentions bangladesh as an islamic country. this is not correct.bangladesh is a muslim majority country but constitution mentions it as a "people' republic",not an islamic republic.

anyway,this thing about not "living together " has to do with both,culture
and religion. only westerners are involved in this practice. not asians,not africans.