Quebec - applied for PR in Sep 2013 - From India

Hi all,
I applied for Quebec immigration in the month of Sep 2013 and I yet to hear from them. As per my consultant Y-axis minimum turn around time is 4-6 months and by this time the due is over. As per my consultant suggestion, I enquired Quebec officials in their website about status, They said, if things are not proper on application they will turn down the processing and return the documents back to applicant within stipulated time frame (not sure exact time by the way). They received my documents on 18th Sep 2013. Do you guys think that, I waited for enough time ? should I wait some more time ? As per my consultant latest update I need to wait another 1-2 months as they moved their Hong Kong office to Montreal and file movements are in progress prior to Sep 2013 submission, so Quebec immigration official busy in clearing backlogs. I contacted 2-3 times Quebec support team, first time I got answer as I mentioned above. After that , they are asking my File number as I need to prove my identity. How I can prove ? My file number not yet generated. I felt Quebec system is not friendly as Australian immigration. Anybody have any thoughts ? please help.
BR,
Pushparaj

The file number they are wanting is probably the file number of the application put in by your agent. Ask your agent for this.
I hope you are not paying the agent for each time you consult with him. To me agents are of very little use, as they are out to make money and there is no gaurantee that you will get the visa. 
It is no surprise about a backlog of applications as many people are trying to get into Canada. The Canadian Authorities have to verify any and all paperwork regarding education, qualifications and work experience. This is time consuming particularly if the College or learning institution is in some obscure town or city.

It seems the agent is saying that, because they are moving their office and files this could be a delay. If so you need to chase up the agent, see if you can get the file number and take matters into your own hands.

Not really need to pay every time to agent. He has very minimal role as the whole thing i have to take care. He just assisted me while filling and piling up the documents. Eventually I couriered the docs to Canada. As per the agreement with agent, he can barely influence anything here. I am only touch-basing with Immigration people. My agent is isolated from the next action. He may come back once file number generated. Seems that, I need to wait