Job searching in Sweden

I have been in Sweden two years. I have been working remotely as an IT developer for a company in London. have a personal number, been paying taxes and things have been fine. I have been living with my partner since I arrived. I got my personal number the week I got here and have been paying taxes since that week also.

My company in London has had a takeover and basically its a case of "come home or leave". Obviously I want to reside here in Sweden with the person I love. So here is my dilemma

My writing and reading in Swedish is what I would define as fluent. However my speaking is not so perfect. I am far from illiterate. I can hold a conversation quite easily but if I could relate to an English equivalent I'd say I was a teenagers level.

I have forged a good CV and sent it off to the main employer websites here. I have been contacted already by several wanting to meet up and discuss careers and jobs etc. I have been clear that my Swedish is not so great speaking wise.

I have been here long enough to know that you need to be practically fluent to compete in the job market. I have around 9 months until my remote working ends. So that does give me a window to do something about it.

I've done SFI and find that any other sort of online learning (Rosetta Stone etc) is around my level so not sure if that is beneficial enough.

So what to do...? I will of course meet these employers but I am not kidding myself that I will be getting a job anytime soon. Financially it maybe more applicable to return to the UK and get some contract work whilst I swat up hard on my Swedish to get it perfect. Or I could consider a self employed business but I have absolutely no idea how to go about that here.

Anybody with a similar situation or experience? Would love to know what the next steps would be. Obviously I am realistic but also optimistic.

Hej you!
Some how when i read your post I feel that someone took my thoughts and write them down .i am 2,5 years in Stockholm and in the same or maybe worst situation than yours. But I can tell you some tips on how and what you can do in order to open your own business . Write me if you are interesting [email protected]
Lina