Expats get togethers

I know in Panama there are several get togethers for expats.  Is there anything like that in Costa Rica?  I'm interested in living in an area where it is not too hot or humid.  I plan on visiting soon.

Hello EVERYONE :)
I MUST get around to suggesting that they put a DATE on posts as no telling WHEN you wrote your blog,,unless I am missing it ? :) BUT ..

YES we have casual "Chance type meetings" of Ex Pats..in DIFFERENT areas . BUT a hit and miss thing no set time or place AND we DO NEED this I and many would LOVE IT...
For example take turns i a BYO BBQ or pot luck It CAN get lonely speaking ONLY Spanish :) we may have to join hands and discuss WHERE and WHEN.I would suggest a Daytime thing as many of us do not drive at night especially us single women.
I have a 3 acre farm CLOSE TO TOWN, Lots of parking space , and even a bus stop at my electric gate PLENTY of seating areas and Patios with Views CENTRALLY Located and AWESOME VIEWS. MILD not humid climate,( nor cold )  so a  GREAT place to meet up..
Unless a public place is preferred.
Located just 10 minutes from lovely HEREDIA..I have been here 22 Years a BRIT AND a Yank :( nationalized) so I think My Brain maybe a good Picker for Newbies or oldies even :)

I would think a Sunday get together would be FUN and cure the pangs of homesickness or  being alone with just the employees to talk to (in Spanish usually) that is  IF they are not engrossed in their addictive Soap operas or cellphones  ... Being Alone can be a drag sometimes AND If Stay overs are needed for that drinker of another glass of wine or whatever,

[moderated: off topic + no free ads on the forum pls]

But THIS would be  just for FUN and FRIENDSHIP A win win situation, I do believe...NOW all I need i s YOUR FEEDBACK as to whether you would be interested in either the "communal TYPE living idea OR the Weekend GET TOGETHERS or BOTH??
So those in Favor PLEASE email or Post HERE on this clever site :) WELL
those who put it together are the clever ones because the site its self cant be so described lol

I am am outgoing fun person (so they say )who could do this If I get the interest from YOU LIFE IS SHORT  and meant to be SHARED..:)

CHEERS I would Love meeting you all...
Debbie

Try internations. They do get togethers every month.

Hi the re    I am currently trying to form Sunday get togethers on my lovelty 3acre far =m FRESH air and not hot and humid )or I may be in Panama Too hot and humid for me )
so email me for more details as it took LONG time for them to post my AD Because I said if anyone had one drink too many I have space for them for minimal  price Surely if I was advertising rentals I would place them in the other Page eh?
oh well read my ad and if interested email me or phone Where are you? I am 10 minutes from lovely town of Heredia Lots of parking for meet ups,,,,
I read my mail, daily NOT here everyday on this site,,,
You can pick my brain I had a Dare I say it here  ? a B/B for 22 years now retired
reach me at
extrapetss(at)yahooo.com

call 2268 9363
Cheers
Debbie

Hi Debs, enjoy your blogs, looking forward to meeting you. Bazil Fawlty!

The Canadian Club of Costa Rica may have 'something going on...' and there is a few Brits in the club.

Yes me too I am looking forward to having you both  around ..Did you see pics here? good site eh? Cheers from Sibyl :) MY yahoo is sending only HALF my emails and gmail almost as bad so please send responses to BOTH and lry me know if I should still e TRTING to send more pics,,
Have a great weekend and remember I only have time occasionally to come in gere so email please to BOTH my addresses so I save you a place
YOU should get an email today having a lazy one but on [PC  Nice photo of you bot :)
Cheers
Sibyl  :)

thanks but you are WAT up there in LIberia   Pity :)

Yes, I am ... but most of the 'get togethers' are held in the Central Valley. I am just posting the info....

Thank you very nice of You:)

OOPS Where are you posting the info?

Let me know when and I will be glad to go.

[moderated: no ads please]

Super, very good idea to do wat ever you like (: pk