*WORK VISA ANGOLA*

Hi All,

Please any advice regarding obtaining a work visa in Angola by any means possible and quickly - will be appreciated!

I know exactly what is required (in terms of paperwork etc) and I have full support from a well recognised / established legal company in Angola. However I have heard that once everything is submitted to the Angolan Authorities it takes 3 - 6 months ?

I simply for many reasons cannot wait this long.

Note I am not asking anyone to repeat the requirements for a visa this info is easy to obtain. I am looking for the quicker way... nudge nudge wink?

Has anyone had experience or know a quicker way ?

Muinto Obrigado
Many thanks
Steve

I AM INTERSTED FOR SAME IF YOU HAPPEN TO GET INFO PLEASE SHARE. THANKS. FULANY

Havent heard anything?!?!?!?!

Ask your company(Angola)  to get the work visa approval from Angola and that shall take 2 weeks max. Don't apply for work visa at your country rather take a STV visa which will let you come to Angola for 7 days.
Once inside Angola ask your company to submit your passport and documents for work visa (Now it will take 3-4 weeks), but you are inside Angola so ENJOY !!

can u pls help me with information on how to secure a work visa to Angola

Visavise.com

Much of what I read about Work Visas for Angola on the INTERNET is wrong.
I am in the process at this moment getting a work visa.
Before I could come to Angola it took 6 months to get approval from MINPET to come.
This allowed me to get a 7 day visa.
I had to arrive in Angola within 72 hours of receiving my 7 day visa.
Within 3 days of arrival, my company submitted my paper work for the work visa. Three weeks after submittal I got my receipt that allows me to travel around the country but I cannot leave because immigration has my passport.  If you are lucky enough to have a second passport you are okay to travel back home.  I do not have second passport and must wait.
I can use my receipt to check my status on line, currently my visa status is EM PROCESSO.
I have heard the lies that it will take 4-5 weeks.  I am a first time applicant for the work visa, the best I heard is that it may take 8-10 weeks.  The longest I know of so far is 22 weeks, he works with me but is from Indonesia, not USA.  The 4-5 weeks, I believe, is only possible when applying for your second visa (IE work visa are good for 3 years and then you have to reapply, so on reapplying it may take 4-5 weeks, but then again I know of people that toke 8-10 weeks).
I have heard many reports of 20 weeks for getting your first work visa.
There is an ability to expedite your visa for only $30.  The only advantage I have seen with that is your Em Processo will change to progressing.  Two people where I work arrived a week after me, paid the $30 because they knew about it, and there status switched after two weeks and said 48 Hours.  It has now been 4 weeks and their in progress still says 48 hours.
I am going on my 11th week in Angola and my 8th week since getting my Visa Application Receipt from SME.
Remember that all my paper work was finalized before I arrived in Angola and submitted directly to Immigration in Angola.
I see many places on the internet where people ask the legitimate question how long does it take to get Angolan Work Visa and everybody likes to tell you about all the documentation that you need but you never get a clear answer.
Sorry, but I dont have a clear answer either.  I would like to know how much longer it is going to take.  I would like to know that SME has not lost my paper work and passport. I would like to know if SME is contacted would they give me an answer and who should or can I talk to at SME (I have been told they will not talk to anyone).

I would like to know what the real answers are and to know that a year from today I am not asking the same questions with no answers.

So my questions still stand but soon I have to start asking myself at what point in time do I go to the USA embassy and get a new passport so I can leave Angola?
How long would you wait barring any family, medical or political emergencies?

RECAP of my Timeline:
May 30, 2013 paperwork started to get approvals from MINPET for work visa.
Approvals from MINPET given January 13, 2014
January 16 arrive Angola
January 29 Work Visa applied for at SME, Luanda, Angola
March 29, 2014  Still waiting for Work Visa
My current estimate is the week of May 14, 2014.  This is based upon a balance of good and bad estimates with a little bit of optimism.

So I hope this gives all who are interested an idea of how long does it take to get an Angolan Work Visa.
If anybody knows a a way that really works to speed this process up I would like to know.  But I need peoples names and contacts not vague responses that mean nothing. So many people like to make hints to things they know nothing about and have only knowledge from  adventure movies and novels.

UPDATE:  My SME visa status changed to "Issued" April 30 - 15 weeks after I entered Angola.
I don't have my passport in hand but my company is supposed to be getting it.  In 4 more weeks I my be able to go home.

Update May 19, 2014 - Well my status may say "issued" but I still do not have my work visa or passport back.
When I wrote the last update I thought everything was falling into place but I then learned my passport went to another SME location and is in another stack waiting for final signatures.  So I still don't have it back.

UPDATE - After a little pushing I finally got my Passport with Visa only 20 weeks after I applied.  So all is good until April 2015 when it starts all over again trying to get another MINPET LOI.

Hi all,

I'm waiting for work visa for2 months now, and still no answer.

Edit : 3 month , and counting...

welcome
it may take in my experience 5 months

[Moderated: pls post your resume in the Jobs section]

TB0218 - Still waiting for MINPET approval, submitted in Feb 13... So even 6 months might not be sufficient time. Wish they had warned me about the time delay in advance as have now been without income for 14 months.

Is there any way to check directly on MINPET approval? As the company just keeps saying awaiting approval.

hi kcaine, there is no way a employee to check directly the minpet approval. typically minpet does not take more than 2-3 weeks to give a visa approval. if its stopped in minpet is because there are missing elements in the dossier. in the normal process the big delays are in SME, with the they frequent restructuring process that they have being trough.

Well, are you experienced same problem? How detailed do you know more?
I started to guess why if dossier has missing documents MINPET will inform it?

So I believe my status should be posted here as well.
19/06/2014 - I arrived by normal STV for 7 days.
23/06/2014 - Company applied to SME reciept for getting work visa
04/07/2014 - SME provided reciept. Status - Processing.
21/07/2014 - Status changed to - In Production, 48 Hours... don't know what to feel, anything hopeful???

Folks,
Do you know is it possible to transfer valid angolan visa from old passport to a new one? either work visa and stv business visa?

Folks,

I was working in Angola, didn't have much problem getting work Visa but the last time it took 6 weeks. Wish is fast considering Angola time. But this past year Sept-2014 I had red stamp and was rejected from minpet due to my age , over 60.  I am still trying to get back,  the company I was with didn't even try and resubmit after I was rejected. At present I am trying another company to see if they can get it through. Any info would be appreciated, or if anyone has the same problem.

Dobermann

You dont need to transfer your visa from old passport to new one. If your old passport has no pages or expired but with valid visa then you need to obtain new passport and don't cancel the old one. The immigration will check your visa from older one and will stamp entry&exit on your new one.

I have experienced two times with my passport and it have work perfectly.

NB: Any one who wants to know about the Angolan visas (types and documents required), Angolan nationality, Angolan laws (constitution, foreigners , labour law). Please visit
sme.ao/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=68&Itemid=141&lang=en.

All the legislation is in English, Portuguese and French.

I want to share one very important information from the above site that is the duration of work visa. There is an article stating that "" A work visa can be of 6 to 36 months depends on the duration of contract"" So if any one provide the contract with 3 years and client letter then hopefully , he can get three years visa stamped at once so no hassle for three years. I have shown and explained this to my visa guy but he was not ready to listen and understand but if someone try then he might get it.

hi all
i am from Pakistan and coming in Angola for a exhibition. Would you like to advice me about the economical residence in luanda

Can you send me the link at [email protected]

Sir, how to track visa status