Dar es Salaam - Here i come!

Hi everyone!

I'm a Swedish girl, moving to Dar es Salaam on the 17th to conduct a study in political science.
I don't know much people in Dar so I would love to get in contact with other foreigners to grab a coffee or something.

All the best!

/Frida

Hi Frida and welcome to Expat.com!

Your thread has been moved to Dar Es Salaam forum for better visibility.

Harmonie.:)

Thank you!

Hello Frida,

welcome to Dar. I'm just wondering,why would you be coming to Dar to meet other foreigners? I think those you can also meet in Sweden, no?

Just wondering,

Neema M

Hi Neemsy!

That's a good question and I see your point! My main purpose is to meet locals and experience the culture of Dar es Salaam.
However, this is my first time travelling outside Europe and I'm going by myself. I expect it to be both interesting but demanding at times. When it's demanding I think it can be nice to sit down and talk to someone who has a similar background as you and who might share your experiences.
It can sometimes feel comfortable to meet someone who is similar to you when it comes to cultural context, but it's fare more interesting to meet someone different. I expect to meet locals throgh the study I'm performing, through an organization I'm in contact with and just walking down the street. It might be harder to run in to other Swedes, so that's why I posted this add.

Let me know if you wanna grab a coffee some day, I would look forward to that!

Regards,

Frida

Hi all

Hello fridaem

im a british expat thats fairly new to this site  im  currently staying in mikocheni area ive been here in dar for nearly 2 months now  my other half is Tanzanian so has family and friends here but ive yet to make my own circle of friends but hopefully wont be too long once i get to learn the language if you ever wanna chat an share experiences look forward to hearing from you soon

selina

Hi Selina!

Sounds great! I'm arriving in a few days so I'll contact you once I've settled a bit!

Hi Frida,

I am from India, and will be moving to Dar anytime. Just waiting for one response. When you will be moving Dar? Whats your email address?

Frida , take care because in the eyes of some people in Dar a new swedish girl is like a wad of dollars + EU passport.
so gain  first some experience and than start with the local contacts.
Ofcourse there are some great people here,but first know the situation and don`t forget to be careful:)

Hey Frida, am sure by now you have arrived in Dar, Karibu! let me know if you are free to link up on saturday.

hi juys i, just arrived in dar from mauritius please anyone want will like to meet..rishi my number is 0785474651

thank rishi

Karibu to Tanzania!

hi frida

nice meeting you wil be coming to dar by end of this month ,im currently in mauritius.

regards

rishi

Hi Frida,am a foreigner too and would love to meet when you come to Dar.

Kind regards

Hi Frida,

It would be great to have a coffee together.

Currently in Dar es Salaam.

Regards

Hello frida!.... karibu Tanzania :) we love to hv a coffee with lovely you!!!
Buszz me anytime for any kind of help ....
Maddy

Your welcome frida  :)

Hi,
Welcome to Dar es salaam.My name is Mohamed and I would love to be friends with you and show you around my mobile no is +255689020544 call me and lets talk.
rgds:

Hi
welcome to tanzania i'm jane tweve (tanzanian)

[Moderated: pls avoid posting your phone number on the Forum]