Riyadh Map. Add places!!!

ok, will try doing it using my phone.
if you get to know easier way, pls letus know.

added some car stuff

more souqs with descriptions would benice

The next time someone adds a place, and doenst make sure its right, im going to delete this thing

i got sent to nowehere near lulu supermarket today. so pissed.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

The next time someone adds a place, and doenst make sure its right, im going to delete this thing

i got sent to nowehere near lulu supermarket today. so pissed.

Which place? I've seen some weird changes lately. Someone wrongly modified the coordinates of a few places.

lulu hypermarket

Freshlikesushi wrote:

lulu hypermarket

Lol. When I first read your post I got the impression you where sent to nowhere, near lulu. :)

24.634779,46.716666 what about this place?

no idea

Updated the original post with my plans

OK, food map updated. still a few things to transfer, but most are done.

When my nexus 7 tablet comes in, i will be doing much more adding, too hard on the phone with my driving. wife is here so we can map out more

added about a dozen new places to eat and a few more malls.

we are up to 190 places!

Done 19 updations across Batha & Malaz..phew !!

Make sure you put food place son teh food map, and other stuff on the normal on.  Im moving a few of them over for you :)

oh! Thanks.... I know the few are actually 60% of my updates... ;> Result of my hunt to discover good vegetarian Indian Food...

NP man. dont mind cleaning up a bit as long as people add things hah.

due to some asshat moving almost half of the places around, the map is no longer open to the public to edit since i ended up literally in the middle of nowhere today.

If you would like to help me put it back to where it was, please email me at [email protected] and i will add you as a collaborator to help do this and continue to add more places.

Farooq is the person who funked* it all up. i wish i could figure out how to find his information.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

due to some asshat moving almost half of the places around, the map is no longer open to the public to edit since i ended up literally in the middle of nowhere today.

If you would like to help me put it back to where it was, please email me at [email protected] and i will add you as a collaborator to help do this and continue to add more places.

Farooq is the person who funked* it all up. i wish i could figure out how to find his information.

You've been doing a great job here @FLS :top:.

I navigated after so many days and found good number of probs. I'll do a quick review and will provide you exact co-ords of a few dislocated places.

or just give me your email and ill put you as an editor and just move as needed.

i add things and fix things as i can.  but i dont know everything, so i cant fix everything

What an idea!

Can any one please show Gulf Air Filter Factory Company, 2nd Industrial City, Riyadh?

I went mad while searching in Modon maps but cant found out.

Hi All,

this is an excellent idea especially for me and my wife as we are due to come to riyadh very shortly as i have just accepted a job so it tells me where everything is.

However i do have one recommendation can some people add bakery shops to the map also please.

thanks

Kind of democracy map of Riyadh; of,by,for the people :lol: Hats off to Grant aka @FLS. We know the map has helped many.

The leading bakers in the town ''Wooden Bakery" has 2 outlets and both are in there. I just double checked.

Brilliant!

took off about 50 places because they were wrong.

Added 4 more collaborators, if anyone else wants to help add, maintain, and confirm places please let me know! just send me an email:

[email protected]

I want to do it. Its just i dont know how to do it :) .A lil help can be great

Freshlikesushi wrote:

took off about 50 places because they were wrong.

Added 4 more collaborators, if anyone else wants to help add, maintain, and confirm places please let me know! just send me an email:

[email protected]

Dear Freshlikesushi,

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to put together this map! Extremely helpful for people who are new to Riyadh, especially in a country where info travels so slowly!

Sorry to hear that people are messing up the map. Honestly, some people can be so mean and you want to ask them: "Why?!"

Anyway, thank you.

- A few new placemarks added
- Description added to some existing marks

thanks to everyone who has/is helping with this.  it is greatly apprecaited!

cool thanx man

I maintain my own list of places on the following list, this might help:

(Moderated: no free ad to promote your website on the forum pls)

or if you message me, you can add yours to the main map? all i need is your email address for google

I have msged u my gmail address

By email

very nice

:up:  good idia

EPIC!! Ive been looking for such a map! Now I can explore Riyadh :) will just be missing the company... Im sure there is a post about making friends out here... Good, English speaking, intellectually challenging friends :/  where might that be?

P.S. How do I add things to the map?

Try wikimapia.org

oliverbrad wrote:

EPIC!! Ive been looking for such a map! Now I can explore Riyadh :) will just be missing the company... Im sure there is a post about making friends out here... Good, English speaking, intellectually challenging friends :/  where might that be?

P.S. How do I add things to the map?

Well you can always meetup with all the other members,"intellectually challenging or not  :unsure but there are quite a few here who would make  interesting conversations ,over multiple topics.

That's a good idea!

I want to try a cars sale deal ,online in Riyadh ,I have cars on good prices from Germany and I want to sell it in Riyadh ,do you think I can sell them at a good price ? Including delivery of the cars there

What are the most sold cars in Saudi Arabia and aprox to what prices ? I there is somebody who can help me with this informations

This is absolutely brilliant. I am about to take a post in Riyadh. This will help me to find my way around as a new comer to the city.