Home schooling in Phuket

Hi everyone,
            I was wondering if any of you are home schooling children in Phuket? I am planning on coming over for three months with my two daughters and trialing a new life in Phuket. My daughters aged 9 and 10 have never been before so I have decided for their benefit as well as my own , we will stay for three months and see how we  feel. Has anyone on here home schooled or got any advice and tips for me. Thankyou for your time. :-)

Hi Kelly,
I have never home schooled before but we thought I might give it a try and see how it goes.  We also want to come over and see how things go.  My kids are 6,5 and 18month.  I think it will go well.
Have you looked into rent?

HI

IN PHUKET THERE ARE A LOT OF ENGLISH SCHOOLS...SOME CAN BE EXPENSIVE.I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ENGLISH HOME SCHOOLING IN PHUKET BUT I HAVE STARTED ONE BUT IN FRENCH SO IF NEED ANY HELP I WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU WITH THE STRUCTURE, FIND A TEACHER OR EVEN HAVE THE CHILDREN PLAY TOGETHER.

REGARDS

Hi all, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Thank you for your participation.

> pookye > You should avoid using caps lock on the forum.

Thank you very much.

All the best,
Christine

Hi all, We are moving to Phuket with our 3 children 4,7 and 10 and the English school is so expensive we will home school them, unless anybody knows a good school that teaches the English curriculum which is not extreme in expense

I think it's very good if you have enough time.in Thailand
about home school is just beginning. But I certainly do if I have enough time
Natnatyana

I have 2kids one is 2.5year ,another
one is only 6month. I would like to join a playing group,if they have.
Natnaiyana

May be we share a English speaking nanny to take care of our kids under our supervision. I think it's good idea.
Natnaiyana

i have extensive experience as being a nanny and a private tutor when i was in hong kong..

i am filipino but i am fluent in english i have had experience in home schooling altho not as an exclusive job. it was set up by the mom and i just followed up whenever she needed a break from the kids,

i live in patong beach, incase anyone is interested in a day sitter for the kids...

Hello everybody,

We are a French American couple and we will be moving to Phuket in January with our 2 children: 5 years old and 4 months.
We are thinking of homeschooling too.
Although I am a French teacher myself, I am a bit at a loss for the English curriculum. I would be more than happy to get advices from other homeschooling parents.
As concerning social integration with other children, do any of you recommand children activity clubs?

Thank you

Emmanuelle

Hello, I am German and have been living in Phuket for 5+ years, my son will be 3 in September. So far my son is unschooled and I believe in Homeschooling or Unschooling.

Should my son ask to go to a Kindergarden or School at some stage he will be free to join, but he will also be free to decide not to go there anymore.

If you would like to meet other Unschoolers or Homeschoolers in Phuket, you might like to join the following facebook group:

facebook.com/groups/141071925982918

hey Kelly333, I am a single mother of 2 girls (10yrs and 1 yrs) moving to Thailand next year, ahve you any luck with a homeshooling teacher, I will also b elooking at it as the international schools are just too expensive for me.

Hi, I am very interested in homeschooling. Do you have any information? We are homeschooling our son already one year and we are very happy, we would love to have one more or two more children in our little homeschool / we are 3 right now, all are 7,5 - 8 years old, all different nationalities. I can write more details via email. My email is [email protected] (mz computer started to tape instead of Y as in Young the letter Z as in Zebra, please make sure there is no mistake in my email adress)
Best regards, hope to lear some more from zou, I couldn't visit the facebook page you wrote in your message

Hi akedeya > just to inform you that you have posted on an old topic. Why don't you start a new one on the Phuket forum.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team

Hi, my daughter is 3years and 10month. She joins home schooling group in phuket.
US Lady and Thai Man(but he speaks in English as native) run their business in chalong, they have 3 kids also.
They use all text book from US. If you are interesting it, please check "Phuket Home Education" in Facebook.
My daughter is Japanese , but her mother language is English now.

Hi asuka0607,

Welcome to Expat.com.

Thank you for your input however you posted on an old thread.

For better interaction,  why don't you start a new discussion? You can also participate on the other threads on the forum.

Cheers,

Hasnaa

Hi, I am interested, even though old post, how did it go with homeschooling? Where are you now, where the children study?

Hello akedeya,

Please note that the initiator of this thread has not been active on the forum since 2011. You might not get an answer from her unfortunately.

I invite you to participate on the other recent threads found on the Phuket forum.

Thank you,

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

[topic closed]

Closed