Life Partner Visa

Hi

My boyfriend and I are in the process of applying for a Relatives Permit. However, we have everything else sorted except the Spousal Relationship affidavit. He is still in his country, he needs to be present for it to be signed by a Commissioner of Oaths.
What should I do????
I was considering writing a letter and getting it notarized by the SAPS and submitting that instead of the affidavit issued by the embassy.
Any help would be appreciated. please.

Yes, that would help. You must both be in the same place when both signing the affidavit. You can do this at a police station 24 hours a day.

To Anyone with answers... Prefferably Immigration.

I am a South African and I lived in Australia for 3 years on a Student visa. I met a guy there and we fell inlove. We happen to live in the same house and dated for 7 months before he departed to his home country Japan. I then proceeded to visit him in Japan for a month this year February and he then proposed to me. We are currently persuing a long distance relationship until he can visit me in a few months again. He would like to come live with me in South Africa asap so that we can get married and move on with our lives together.

Please help me

Thanks alot
Vernon

I assume he is Australian - let him come on a visitor's visa and apply for a further permit after that.

hello my name is Johan i am south african citizen i am married to a filipino citizen  which is from philippines we got married at home affairs and are legally married but before we could complete the application for spousal permit my wife  visa expired. and she has been ordered to leave the country. Is there any other options or possibility that anyone knows of.

Hi there,i have benn in south africa for the past 18 years,and i have permanent residence since 2006,this is the date of issue,but i received in 2008,unfortinatly,i and my patner are longer together,i want to apply for my sitzenship but i am afraid they will ask me to came with my patner for interview,can i apply for the sitzenship even tough me and my patner no longer together?since i have the parmanent residence for such long time,please i need help

If you have PR, it doesn't matter any longer if you are not with your spouse.

Thank you so much for your advice.

Hi there.

Thanks for the reply. When he comes on a tourist visa what options do I have? We lived together but ha no joint accounts.

Please direct me as to the exact option of visa I have and if he would need a return ticket...

Thanks alot.
Vernon

Hello,

I am a Belgian guy engaged to a South African girl. I'm trying to figure out how I have to arrange my move to South Africa in the best possible way but my head is spinning of all the different kind of information I get. Even official authorities keep giving me different info and the contactperson of the SA embassy in Brussels is arrogant and not really a help, can't even ask questions cause she is the one talking and I only have to listen according to her. Unfortunately I don't know if I can believe all what she is saying cause she is always comparing with her move to Belgium 10 years ago. Erm... I'm not moving to Belgium, right?!

I've read a lot of interesting things on this forum, but it also got me confused  Because first I read about the old law where you could apply for a permit being in SA, then I read that post of Joachim about the new law where you can't apply in SA anymore but only in your country of residence, but then I still see people posting that they applied in SA.

Anyway, let me quickly talk about my situation:

I'm going back to South Africa beginning of September and would like to stay there permanently then. I'm engaged with a SA girl, we marry in SA on 25/01/2014 and I also already bought a house and a car in SA. Since I was still living in Belgium we weren't officialy living together yet, I only stayed at her place when I visited her.

According to that woman of the SA embassy in Brussels this would be the problem to apply for a permit when being still in Belgium. I can give them all necesaary documents (you know the drill, medical, police, ...), but I'm not married yet neither did we live officialy together yet. So according to this woman they won't grant me a permit. According to her I first have to go back to SA with my international passport (as a Belgian I can stay 90 days without Visa and extend it with another 90 days) and since I will be there "permanently" then I will be able to prove that we are living together officialy. First I will stay with her at her rented place, but as soon as we can move to the house I bought of course we will move to the house, this will probably be the case in October.

So my questions are:

- Is it true I won't stand a chance applying for a permit in Belgium?

- If that is the case, can I apply for a permit in SA (so what about that new law Joachim was talking about?)

- If I travel without a permit as a "tourist" I would need a returnticket. This is a bit ridiculous since I want to stay in SA with my fiancee and I'm not planning to return if it's not necessary. Is there another way?

- If it's possible to apply in SA, what is best for me to do? Apply already before marriage for a Life Partner Permit or to wait until after our marriage? If I extend my first 90 days with the extra 90 days I could stay until after the date of marriage anyway. Or any other suggestions? 

My only concern is not get into trouble to enter SA or having problems when being in SA. So how do I have to arrange it?

Thank you already for who can give me the right information :)

ps Update: somebody of Home Affairs emailed me law is changing within 2 weeks and foreigners won't be able to extend their Visitor's Visa anymore in SA. Somebody knows anything about this? Cuz this changes a lot then again...

Hi there

I am currently in cape town with my finacee and I,m looking for work ,and the answer to your question is yes ,as the work permit takes more longer ,so you are on the right road:D

Hi Hpn

You've pasted your question on a few places here. You should definitely be able to apply for a Life Partner Permit, which is a type of Relative's Permit on the Home Affairs forms.

Hello I m from the Uk my SA partner and I lived there in 2003 and I got an ID card and Permanent residency Permit came back 2 years later and now wants  to go back again, by the time we go back we will be married 8 years.
Is there anything else we need to do and when I enter SA do I enter on my Uk passport or my SA PRP
Your correct answers will be so appreciated thanks

Hi there

My fiancé (Lithuanian) and I (SA) have been living together in SA for 10 months now.
He was only granted 1 year on his Relatives Permit. We will be married next month and my question is,
To renew this permit will we have to re submit all the original documents? And what will we have to pay?
I heard there is no fee for a spouse?

Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you
Jessica

hi hw r u i like ask ,i applied for trp ,my refrence number 1000862437 pls to check status for me and if its possible to send to my email id.

Hi there

My husband is here on a relatives visa (life partner). We recently got married and now I believe we need to apply for a change of terms or change of condition on this visa?
Does anyone know which of the two it is?
I'm guessing change of condition as we are married now.
It would also be greatly appreciated if someone knew what documentation we need this time around?

Thank you very much
Jess

Hello everybody!

Hope someone here can help me and finally give me some good news!!! Me & my boyfriend of 5 years really want to start planning our lives together but we are both graduates and cant afford to get married as yet...We therefore want to consider applying for the LPP. I am familiar with all the requirements for the LPP but one I am not sure and cant seem to get a straight answer for...My boyfriend is yet to get a job, so for now he is supported by his mother so I wonder if this will hinder my application for the LPP!? All the agencies say its fine but I read on some documents from SA Home Affairs that it is a requirement that the SA citizen works and can support me financially! So I don't want to waste money on an agency then my application is rejected because I did not qualify for the permit!

So am appealing to anyone who knows about this requirement to explain if I need to worry or all the other proof of the relationship will suffice..?

im applying for a LPP. Can anyone give me an advice with regards to the medical report? is it necessary to come with results of specific tests such as blood, urine, HIV, stool etc.? Or just a 1 page medical certificate signed by a medical doctor stating that I am healthy will suffice? Can the medical report obtained from my home country and not from SA?

Yes, a one page report and yes, from your country or from SA is fine.

ImmigrationSA please help me with this. So I am here in SA already and conditions in my visitor's visa says: work/marriage/study & extension of TRP prohibited (written in all caps) WITHOUT CONSULTING FOREIGN OFFICE. last friday, My fiancee and I went to OHA to submit all the requirements. and we were just chased away by the staff after waiting patiently for 3 hours :(

I feel helpless. How can I be with my fiancee if they are trying to keep us apart?

[img][URL=http://s344.photobucket.com/user/jd23208/media/forposting_zpsd039d434.jpg.html][IMG]http://i344.phot

It is possible to work around this in some cases. You'll have to find an immigration lawyer to assist you. You cannot use an immigration practitioner or do it yourself.

Can anyone assist? If u are a foreiner and in life partner with a South african here in south africa for 4yrs and she breaks up with u, what happens with ur life partner permit? And if u meet and fall inlove with another girl in south africa, can you renew a different life partner?

Can anyone assist? If u are a foreiner and in life partner with a South african here in south africa for 4yrs and she breaks up with u, what happens with ur life partner permit? And if u meet and fall inlove with another girl in south africa, can you renew a different life partner?

If your permit is based on your relationship, and your relationship ends, your permit ends and you must leave. You should inform Home Affairs. This is the legal route and process. In reality, people usually find a way to stay in South Africa unless they do want to go home. Next, you cannot renew a permit that you do not have. Therefore, you would need to apply for a new permit.

I arrived in South Africa in the beginning of January, only to find out that they are changing the law to require foreigners to apply for visas before they enter. I am eligible for the Life Partner Visa but I have a problem paying an immigration consultant nearly $1K to apply for a visa on my behalf that may get denied as a result of this new law. What can I do? Is it reasonable to try to apply for this myself without the help of a consultant? If so, where can I start? If not, can I apply for that visa outside South Africa but also not in my home country (ie, Europe)?

The new regulations for this have not yet been passed and so there is no danger of being denied.

Documents required Life Partner Permit South Africa:

·    Medical Certificate (BI-811)
·    Radiological Report (BI-806)
·    Copy of Co-habitant certificate (notarial)
·    Affidavit by Life Partners certified
·    Proof of address certified
·    Certified copy of passport of both partners
·    Police clearance (proof of payment) (at police office you get finger prints and proof of payment. With that you go to clearance office (Fr. Baard str Pta) and hand all in. Don't forget to get copy of payment; it can take a few weeks before clearance is ready)
·    Application for renewal of existing permit, 2 pages (BI-1739)
·    Letter of Spouse
·    Copy of Life Partner Permit
·    Copy of 3-month statement or payslip (you or your partner)
·    Proof of employment (when you apply for a work permit as well, not necessary)
·    (Pass photo's)
·    (Travel document)
Make copy's of all documents (and certify when necessary)

@ titia.tabak > Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thank you so much for this useful information  :thanks:

Priscilla

This is a standard list (except for "Copy of Co-habitant certificate (notarial)" which is not standard at all) and by no means fits all circumstances of all possible applicants. Be very careful in following generic recipes for South African life partner visas (not called permits any longer).

Hello , I will be very much happy to read back from an immigration expat on this thread .

I come to South Africa with Visiting visa in January which I immediately file my study permit to Home Affair in order to change my status in this country but the application was not submitted by me an agent did this for me. As a result I Home Affair contact me after 2 month of submission and ask me some certain question about the permit which I give correct answer to them and later that same day in the even I received a text message on my phone that my application has been finalized,so I contact the Agent about the text message but he said he was going to check with Home Affair and after 5 business working days he told me the permit is not granted and he will be waiting to have the rejection letter any time soon. In conclusion the study permit was rejected and I am waiting for the Agent feedback but am not hoping for any positive result from him.

At this moment I have a girl friend who is bringing up an option that I should file in another application for Life Partner Visa with her meanwhile the Study Permit is still active with Home Affair , I just want to know if another application for LPV is not going to raise and issue or can I go ahead with this LPV .

I want accurate information as soon as possible.

Thanks for the helping information.

Hi all, I'm not sure if I'm being completely dense in not really understanding all this immigration garble, but hoping someone can help me with my query. My boyfriend is an SA citizen & lives & works there. I live & work in Zambia. I am considering applying for a LP Visa to join him in SA, but have just seen that the new regulations will require us to cohabit for 5 years???  Not sure how they come up with that since we cannot cohabit as we do not live in the same country (this is what we are trying to achieve!!). Also, with the new regulations in mind, does that mean I should give up applying for the LP visa before I've even begun? or is there a way to expedite this and hopefully get one before the new laws are passed?
I'd love to hear from an expert who could maybe also help me with what the costs involved are & exactly what kind of proof we need to provide.  Thanks!!!

Unfortunately, yes, unless you are cohabiting (this is not a new requirement, but the 5 years duration is), you can basically forget it. Even people engaged but living apart for religious reasons cannot apply.

Thanks for this, please could you clarify if the same applies for married couples?  It almost seems like people will be deprived of basic human rights :(

I've changed my advice here.

The best thing to do in this situation is prepare the life partner permit in advance and then wait to receive the rejection letter, which will give the reason, plus give the foreign national a certain time frame, usually 10 days, in which you can submit a new application.

However, this would all need to be done before the new legislation comes into effect. All very uncertain and confusing, I know.

Hi guy's,

I would like to get married to a woman in the Philippines this year. We would like to get married there, so we would plan the wedding then I would go over apply for the marriage license, get married then apply for her spousal visa then she comes back with me. We would of course arrange everything we can and need to before I go over there. I know that we can only apply for her spousal visa after we are married but is there a way we can apply for her visa there, then she comes back with me in the mean while with a visitors visa or something? I can't come back with out her and have to wait a long time before she come over.

Please guys I need help with all this and what paper work will be required...etc

Your info is not clear. Are you in SA? Are you marrying in the Philippines?

If yes to both, then it sounds like your best bet is to wait for the relative's (spousal) visa to be issued there. You cannot apply there and pick it up here. Yes, she can enter SA on a tourist visa or similar, however she cannot then change her status in SA.

Hello , I will be very much happy to read back from an immigration expat on this thread .

I come to South Africa with Visiting visa in January which I immediately file my study permit to Home Affair in order to change my status in this country but the application was not submitted by me an agent did this for me. As a result I Home Affair contact me after 2 month of submission and ask me some certain question about the permit which I give correct answer to them and later that same day in the even I received a text message on my phone that my application has been finalized,so I contact the Agent about the text message but he said he was going to check with Home Affair and after 5 business working days he told me the permit is not granted and he will be waiting to have the rejection letter any time soon. In conclusion the study permit was rejected and I am waiting for the Agent feedback but am not hoping for any positive result from him.

At this moment I have a girl friend who is bringing up an option that I should file in another application for Life Partner Visa with her meanwhile the Study Permit is still active with Home Affair , I just want to know if another application for LPV is not going to raise and issue or can I go ahead with this LPV .

As it it April now already I dont know if I am still eligible to put in my Life Partner Visa application ?

I want accurate information as soon as possible.

Thanks for the helping information.

ImmigrationSouthAfrica wrote:

Your info is not clear. Are you in SA? Are you marrying in the Philippines?

If yes to both, then it sounds like your best bet is to wait for the relative's (spousal) visa to be issued there. You cannot apply there and pick it up here. Yes, she can enter SA on a tourist visa or similar, however she cannot then change her status in SA.

Yes I am in SA and she is in the Philippines. How long does it normally take for her relative's visa to get approved and what will it entail?

How can my son in law get his spouses visa.He has been married to my daughter for nine years.

Your son-in-law can apply for a temporary relative's (spousal type) visa and straight away for a permanent residence permit based on being married to a South African for more than 5 years.

The final regulations are now in effect and the law now states that a minimum of two years is necessary for a Life Partnership.

Read more in the government gazette if you wish: http://immigrationsouthafrica.org/Immig … Africa.pdf