Any IT jobs available for foreigners?

I am planning to move to taiwan, i have a Bachelors degree in IT(Information technology) but I can not find any IT jobs available for foreigners. I was wondering if anyone knew of any websites or company that hires foreign computer techs in Taiwan?

Hi Barry13,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

For more interaction, I invite you to post your CV in the section IT & Telecommunications jobs in Taiwan which is most appropriate for your search.

Are you coming alone to Taiwan or with your family?

Thank you,

Hasnaa

Hi Barry, I would guess that jobs for foreigners in IT would be extremely difficult to find. The reason being that Taiwanese are very highly educated people and are extremely strong in IT. Also, I would think that unless you already speak a good level of Mandarin then your chances would be even slimmer. I used to be a Petroleum Geologist a long time ago, but after studying Mandarin in Taiwan I managed to get a job as a Sales Manager for a Taiwanese Shipping company based in Hong Kong, something that I had absolutely no experience at doing. My point is that speaking Mandarin is going to help a lot, and that also we should be flexible when it comes to looking for a job. It's better to get any job there in the beginning and then once established start looking for other jobs that are most interesting to you.

Hello Hasnaa,

I am coming alone. I will prove my "CV in IT & Telecommunications jobs in Taiwan" section.

Regards,
Barry

Hello Mike,

A lot of people have been telling me this, so I may just do that find any job and while there I will look for something better.

Regards,
Barry

Hi Barry,

please check out forumosa.com/taiwan/
This has been one of the best forums for Taiwan, you can get some good feedback there too.
I do know foreigners who have worked for both Dell and Ibm, they didn't need to speak Mandarin, however they had been here for many years.
MikeWallace77 is right when it comes to speaking Mandarin here, it goes a long way.
Good luck in your search!