Housing in Central Hong Kong

Hi all,

I just moved to Hong Kong last week and would be around for a couple of months for work. I am currently at a hotel but would need to move into a serviced apartment soon.

I have the following options provided by my firm and need to select one.
- Oakwood Apartments, 9 Kennedy Road, Mid Levels
- Lilly Court, Robinson road, Mid Levels
- Two Macdonnell, Mid Levels

A few things that I would care about are as under (in decreasing order of priority):
- restaurants, bars, pubs, general department stores around
- proximity / commute to work (close to the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Central)
- quality of apartment, space and amenities provided

Would be great to get some reviews from people around. Thanks.

Hi
Only option 2 (Robinson Road) is close to restaurants/pubs.
It is also right next to the escalators, which makes it quite convenient to go down to Central.
Quality of the flat impossible to tell. Don't expect anything vaguely large here, as prices are ridiculously high. Chances are that those flats will hardly be any larger than your hotel room.

Many thanks for your inputs. On the flat area, I agree with you, but I am not too fussed about it.

I quite like the Oakwood brand and quality (no experience with the HK property), how much of a commute would that be to the escalators / Robinson road?

thanks,
K

No need to take the escalators, it's on the Wanchai side. Just walk down the street to Queen's road (10mn) and take a bus or the tram to Central.

Star Street is super close and full of pubs/restaurants too (though much less choice than in Soho)

It is actually a very good location.

Many thanks for the inputs, much appreciated.

[Moderated]