Singaporean in Bangkok

I'm a teacher at a Thai international School. :)
I'm staying at Samut Prakan area, nearest bts would be Bang Na. A little far from everything else but it's near my school.
Would love to meet up some day!

Awesome.

I'm on the other end of the BTS, Saphan Kwai but I guess it's like travelling from Bedok to Clementi. Lol!!

Sure, probably we can hang out for dinner or something someday.

Who else would like to join? :D

I'd love to join in if ever a meet up is finalized!
Btw, insomanic are you in bkk to oversee the opening of kudeta?
I heard that it was supposed to be opened in April this year but it was delayed.
I think after the closing of bed supperclub, màggie choo's a hit with locals n foreigners at the moment..

Hahaha... great guess.

I was sent from Singapore to assist and oversee the setup.

But we're opening soon. In a few weeks time ;)

Hi all, been here for almost a year...looking forward to meeting some fellow Singaporeans. Count me in for a meet up! :)

Stumbled upon this site & post. Not sure if it's still alive, but shall try my luck.
Just relocated to BKK and thought it would be great to get connected with fellow Singaporeans to kickstart some social life, so here i am posting something on this.
Give a shout-out if anyone here is reading this and up for a coffee meetup.
Cheers!

Hi and welcome to bkk!
I'm still here at least for the past few years! Which area are you living at ? I'm a Singaporean too by the way and it'll be nice to meet more fellow Singaporeans .
So far I've only met one living in bkk too !
Pm me so we could arrange a meet up.:)

Hey guys

I'm coming to Bangkok in April 2014.
Would love to get to know fellow Singaporeans before embarking on my journey and perhaps, start something there..

A little about me. I'm a mix of Indian and Chinese (we call ourselves Chindians) and I can speak Mandarin and of course, our dialect - Hokkien! haha.

Can't wait till i'm in the land of smiles!

Cheers! <3

Pmed you Rainbows!:)

Hi Everyone,

I'm a Singaporean who recently moved to Bangkok as my boyfriend got relocated here. Chanced upon this forum and would love to make some Singaporean friends! :D

Hi im Ariel and im planning to find a job as an Operations manager in thailand,  bangkok. And also to plan for my son's studies in an international school. . Can anyone link me up? Thank you so much..

Hi everyone, is this thread still active?

I will be going down to Bangkok this CNY, and will be at Pratunam area to purchase merchandise on 6 to 7 Feb 14.
If anyone needs any stuff from Singapore, do let me know (no bulky / expensive) items though.  :)

Hi all, Glad to see there are singaporeans expats in Thailand. Just got an offer from a shipping company. And would be station in Bangkok for god knows how long or years.

Hope, to see some Singaporeans when I am there. Cheers!

Hi everyone, i am planning to go over to Thailand either Bangkok or Chiang Mai.. but am not sure how i can go about getting a job there... wonder if any1 can help?

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum. Post Job advert in the Jobs in Bangkok section.]

Seeking Barre-Method Fitness Instructors!!!

A New York Boutique Barre Studio offers a unique, specialized exercise experience that has captured the
attention of women worldwide. Since its inception, the company has developed a lifestyle brand that
represents service, quality, expertise, innovation, attention to detail, market leadership and results. At
all levels of the organization, employees are team oriented, entrepreneurial, ambitious and dedicated to
delivering quality each and every day.

We are seeking talented fitness instructors to staff our newest location in Bangkok.

Applicants for Instructor role should possess:

- Love of fitness and wellness

- Background in dance- ballet, jazz or modern preferred

- Knowledge of anatomy and kinesiology (or proper body mechanics)

- Strong communication and interpersonal skills

- Charismatic, motivational and professional personality

- Flexible schedule (early mornings, holidays, weekends)

Auditions will be held on May 8 and May 12. Please come prepared with:

- Fitness clothes, socks and be ready to work-out, as we will be giving you a shortened version of

our signature Physique 57 class.

- 5 minutes of strength-training exercises that showcase your knowledge of anatomy, personality

and musicality. Bring music on either a CD or iPod to teach your fitness selection.

- Bring a copy of your headshot and resume

Please RSVP to [email protected]

Any Singaporeans living near On nut area.??

Hi there,

Singaporean living in onnut. You working here too?

Yeah, both Justin and i staying at Onnut area. We just had drinks the other day

Hi there =) I'm coming to bangkok in a week for my internship. I don't really know people there, if you down for a drink or what, just let me know. Sophie.

Hi fellow Singaporeans,
Moved to Bangkok with husband 2 years ago and we just had a baby in January. Really not used to the slower pace of life as an expat wife/mom. Anyone in the same boat please reach out! Would be happy to organise playgroups, brunches, teas, anything. :)

Oh my husband and I are at ari, that's really close by. Let me know if you like to grab dinner together someday!

Hi everyone and Nicole ,
I've been living in bkk for the past 5 years. Will pm you Nicole.
It'll be great to meet up with more Singaporeans and reminisce on the things we miss about home.:)

hi all, i am samuel here from Singapore too...planning to looking for a job in bangkok..any recommendation? Im a diploma holder..

Hey im from singapore. Im gonna go to bangkok this sept alone for a gateway trip. Anyone willing to show me around ?

Hi fellow singaporeans, I am in the midst of applying a job in Thailand but they asked me for my work certificate.

Do you all have any idea on what is this work certificate about? My girlfriend told me it is the work permit form that I am supposed to fill up.

Hi Samuelpsw,

If I'm not wrong, its a letter from your previous employment stating your duration of service and what you were doing at that company.

I gave that as my certificate of employment as part of my documentation for application of the work permit here in Bangkok.

Hope it helps. Cheers!

Oh so if i am still being employed by my current company. I just have to ask from my HR for it?

I guess so.

It's a practice in Thailand that when you leave your company, they will issue a certificate of employment.

Had interviewed a lot of my staff that produced this documents together with their resumes when they come for interviews.

Hi Insomanic,

Thanks for the information. Gave me a clearer picture. Now i shall pester my HR to get me my work certificate. LOL

Dear all,

Can I ask you guys something? Are there any taxes involved for us (foreigners) if we work in Thailand as employees.

Cos i see some job description that have salary before tax etc etc.

Hi All,

@Samuelpsw : Maybe you could consider checking out our living in Bangkok guide, there is an interesting article on tax there.

Regards

Kenjee

yup :)

how's living in onnut? crowded at times.. but good food options and supermarket... so.. :)

I in On Nut, walking distance to Tesco... Nothing to do will go shopping in mall

natas wrote:

I in On Nut, walking distance to Tesco... Nothing to do will go shopping in mall

there's a new lifestyle mall opening up behind tesco this year... soi 54

and there's a smaller one.. more retail/coffee place opening up beside the rhythm condo on soi 50..

i'm going to try out the new pizza place near the bts on the side of verve soon :)

i've always like onnut bts area..

Hey Doc
Ya why not maybe if you're free during weekends...perhaps we can catch up for some drinks and exchange Thai stories........see you

All the best

Wil u b interested to teach in bkk?

Hi carpentergal,

What are the prerequisites if i want to teach in bkk?

Needs a degree.

samuelpsw,  u need to pay tax working in thailand.

carpentergal, maybe u could post more info.