How to obtain temporary resident permit in Tangier?

hello! guys just need some answers to my question, how to obtain temporary resident permit in tangier morocco?
thanks in advance!

Hi sanjo2012,

Here is a link ab out the registration card, which might be of great help to you:

http://www.service-public.ma/en/web/gue … edure=5501

Regards,

David.

I checked out the link, they make it look easy. it's more complicated than that.

Hi, all you need is is bank account with a regular  income and a flat with a letter from the landlord stating that you pay rent, you can go to any police station with imigration office. Good luck.

You need more than that. Nowadays, at least for Europeans and N Americans, you also need proof from the police in your own country that you don't have a criminal record.

That;'s a problem for UK citizens as they are not allowed to access their own records and get a copy of them. They have to go through an authorised agency to get them, which costs time and money.

Hi sanjo
based on my experience as next i hade to ask for medical statment.
We were asked to provide registred copy  of all documents _ passeports. Banck account _ police statment ( given by court in rabat)_ medical records _ confirmation of job possition_ copy of apartament contract...
This took more than 2 months to colect all documents. ..

I'm an English teacher in Marrakech who arrived almost 4 years ago now and set up my own business here, and we had to the do the whole criminal records extract business, which seemed intractable at first but can be actually quite easy once you know some of the ropes.

For UK nationals, the criminal records extract can be requested by email from your local constabulary, and can then be sent to you abroad. If you're moving to Morocco from somewhere else, try to get a criminal record extract from that country, which is also accepted. In French, it's called a 'Extrait de Casier Judiciaire'.

If you don't get before you leave the country you're in, the only option is to get one from your country of origin. An American who settled here has to get it from the Embassy in Rabat.

If you've already got a 'Residence permit', you'll need a moroccan Criminal records Extract, which can be obtained from the ministry of foreign affairs in Rabat (near hotel la Mamounia). I have heard of people getting it the same day, but don't count on it. The good news is that you can also delegate someone, with a power of attorney document, (une procuration in French), to fill in the form and collect afterwards.

You will need a 10 Dirham fiscal stamp (timbre fiscal)for each request. Less common than the 20 Dh fiscal stamp, the 10 Dh ones can be purchased in the 'tribunal''s office where Moroccan request their criminal record extract.

[Moderated: feel free to share useful information on the Forum pls]

Hi I am James I just wanted to know if found out what you needed I to am in Tangier just got here and am thinking of putting down roots, let me know thanks. my cell is 0611233773 if you would like to talk let me know. Nice to meet you.