Difficulties in finding a job

Hi, I am Tekle from Lithuania. Iceland seems to be a wonderful country, but so far I've been experiencing difficulties in finding a job there. I work at fashion magazine as a journalist and would love continue working as one. Maybe you guys could help me with finding a place that would want to hire someone interested in a field. Thanks!

tekle jasenkaite wrote:

Hi, I am Tekle from Lithuania. Iceland seems to be a wonderful country, but so far I've been experiencing difficulties in finding a job there. I work at fashion magazine as a journalist and would love continue working as one. Maybe you guys could help me with finding a place that would want to hire someone interested in a field. Thanks!

There aren't so many publications in Iceland since it's a small country, and even fewer in English. Are you able to write in Icelandic? Here is one magazine publishing company, for example.
http://www.birtingur.is

There is only one regularly published English publication, a newspaper that serves the expat community and tourists. It's called the Reykjavik grapevine.

Honestly, if being a fashion journalist is your dream, Iceland is not the best place to be, unless you can write fluent Icelandic already. Even then it is probably difficult. I know one journalist from Ireland who is living in Iceland and his major source of income is his waiter job.

Thank you for the reply! Unfortunately, I can't write in Icelandic,and,  I guess, this is the time to learn a new language. Thanks for the link! I'll check it out :)