How to watch BBC TV in Milano by satellite

Hi,

As I Christmas gift I would like to offer the possibility to watch BBC on satallite TV in Milano to my in-laws. Does anyone know how I can do that?

What kind of decoder do I need to get?
Are there any subscriptions required?

Thanks in advance for your precious help.

Millepattes

It depends what system you currently have. Do you have any kind of satellite dish at home, and if yes what package do you have?
In theory you can obtain free sky channels using a sky decoder from Britain (with card, but not subscription) along with a satellite dish by pointing it at the proper satellite. However, if you already have a Sky Italia package there may be a less cumbersome way of reaching the satellite using a digital box. let me know what you have and i will try to reply.

Hi,
and thank you so much for offering your help!
Currently I have the normal Sky Italia package with the MySky HD decoder.
Apparently to receive UK channels I need to install a second satellite dish on and receiver - so I was told.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Normally this is what you would need to do, as i explained above - a second dish, plus a GB decoder with card. However, i've been told recently about adding a sat reciever from 'Megasat' to ur current setup. A friend who lives in Germany did this, 'changed the satellite list search to astra 123 and eurobird 1, turned off sky and all the channels from britain appeared, including the HD channels'. It worked for her but no guarantee the sat receiver will work in Milan. There's another solution - find a (free or paying) website that allows you to hide your pc's ip address, allowing u to catch all the iplayer channels on the internet. Cable your pc to ur tv and off you go. Justin

Hi, you can watch the BBC and other British channel on your PC by downloading expatshield.
once you have installed it right click on the shield-shaped icon choose connect/on and then go on the BBC website.
enjoy!

Hi
I don't know if you've solved this yet but if you PM me I can explain the best way of achieving this.

Hi All, If this helps I have a little box that connects to your router then HDMI into the TV and I have over 60 UK channels including 4 Irish channels ,  freeing up your computer,. If you need any help please contact me.  Thanks Michael

HI do you still sell the box that allow me to se Uk channels ? What is it?

HI Rovetts ,  The box with RC works via the internet independent of the computer
and connects to the TV , with its own built in VPN there is no need to
pay for a proxy server. The cost is 225€ including postage via (DHL)
and there is a monthly payment of 25€ per month. I can PM you with the channel list
now at around 80 UK and Irish tv plus radio. Thanks Michael

Satellite is going to be very difficult. The channels you want are supplied by a narrow beam and you are going to struggle without a very large dish. You can get more info by searching for digitalspy or lyngsat

You don't necessarily need a box for IPTV. Try looking at the unotelly website for ideas. If you have decent internet speed you can get all the UK channels via your laptop or by purchasing a small box (£50-£100) if the laptop is inconvenient. If you have a smart TV you can do it using the smart software. My neighbour in Umbria does this very successfully.

If you want premium channels for sport etc you can subscribe to iptv (as I do)

If you would like more detail please pm me.

I just posted something similar on another thread,
There are a lot of free stuff you can "try before you buy" out there.

Regarding a VPN so that you can watch BBC etc from outside the UK there are free VPN services available on google play. I've just done a search and PureVPN offer a free service & an APP to install for easy setup.

Other free apps for watching TV & Movies inc BBC abroad are also available, but not from google play.
There's one from filmon.tv & one from xbdroid.com  that installs a program called xbmc & then all the add ons you need with some live streams movies etc works well on my samsung tablet & S5.  Here it is Click Here

I have it on my samsung S5 & samsung tablet, and use it in Fuengirola on their public wifi which works great & also in Gibraltar.  Most of the software is not geo sensitive so I would imagine you could use it almost any where. :)

The great thing is that they are free & that may be all you need.

If you want a unit that plugs into your TV there are plenty of android boxes out there on ebay etc around £60 and they are subscription free. You don't need a sky dish or Ariel just broadband internet. approx 4mb &  because they have android software on them you can install all of the above software for free, but they are also sold fully loaded with the free software pre installed if you didn't fancy it. 

There are plenty of youtube videos online that show you how to set it up if you want to have a go.

Hi there
Just pass by wind tele communication office and they will provide you the best receiver to have all channels