URGENT - LIVING IN SAUDI WITH NO JOB !!!!

Dear EB Member,

Kindly need some urgent advice as i am not getting a straight answer from anyone...i arrived in Riyad KSA for the first time 9 months ago to work for a company...recently the place has been like hell for me to work in i am not enjoying it or understanding the business management system.....so 3 weeks ago i decided to resign as i had a new job offer!....my current boss is a great man he's been really supportive of my decision he agreed to provide me with a release letter and a NOC to join another company ...but recently HR rejected me transferring to the new company as the their is a conflict of interest i am not sure how ? basically the company i decided to transfer too had a consultancy contract with the bank they recently pulled out off!!! but i was unaware as they used to work with a totally different area of our company in a building almost 20 km away.

I am do to end my resignation period at the end of the first week of April...i do not have any new job offers as of yet i am currently negotiating and attending interviews non stop......now i am really worried if i leave the company without a job what will happen can i still stay in the country till my iqama expires in September ? or do i go on a final exit ? the second issue is my wife is currently back home in the UK applying for British nationality she is due to come back on the 10th to Riyadh ....will there be any objections ? she is under my sponsorship and not the companies??? lastly if i do find a new job how do i join them as i will have left the current employer?

Thank You Very Much.

It's sad to read about your situation. Here are your answers:

choudhers wrote:

now i am really worried if i leave the company without a job what will happen can i still stay in the country till my iqama expires in September ? or do i go on a final exit ?

Yes, you can stay as long as your iqama stays valid. Going on exit is an option.
Keep looking for jobs. If it takes too long, you may ask your employer to renew your iqama (on your expense if they don't agree).

choudhers wrote:

the second issue is my wife is currently back home in the UK applying for British nationality she is due to come back on the 10th to Riyadh ....will there be any objections ? she is under my sponsorship and not the companies???

Your wife has nothing to do with anything. Except: Her iqama will expire as soon as yours does. She must be back before September (or her exit re-entry expiry --- whatever comes first).

choudhers wrote:

lastly if i do find a new job how do i join them as i will have left the current employer?

You'll need to get approval from your current employer in order to transfer sponsorship just like you tried beore.

Thanks buddy I really needed the info I heard now everything is online so you don't need a no objection is this right?

choudhers wrote:

Thanks buddy I really needed the info I heard now everything is online so you don't need a no objection is this right?

You're welcome mate!
Yes, it's paperless online process now.