New members of the Chile forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Chile forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Chile if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi all,
I'm moving from New Zealand to Santiago tomorrow. Im going to be working as a nanny over there for a year. Was wanting to meet friends asap. I love music and dancing, just having fun really! If you are able to help me with my spanish or just looking for someone to have a laugh with, message me! I am 18 and a girl so girls are most welcome :) Thanks all!

Hello, first of all my user name got all messed up, lol I am FreedomGirl, lol
Anyways if you can recomend a place to buy a house with land, good for kids and no too far from the cost and a city, much apreciated. Also, please tell me why would you choose that location:)

Thanks!!

Hi ailielizabeth,
I'm glad you are coming to Chile. It is a beautiful country. I am from Santiago, but I'm currently living in Valparaiso. Santiago is a little bit crowded so me and my husband  decided to move here. If you are looking to meet English speaking people and foreigners in Santiago, I have some friends that meet every Saturday at 7.00 pm at The Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses at Zanzibar oriente # 7099, Las Condes. This is near the station Los Dominicos. Mi friends and I participate at these meetings every week to listen to bible based talks and then discuss a bible based topic. The meetings are completely free, no collections are taken and everyone is welcome. If you ever want to go, you'll feel very welcome. There you'll find lots of foreigners that are on the same situation as you.

Hope you'll enjoy your time in Chile!

Hello friends, I am living in chile Chilean and I would like to know and help in some topics that may be necessary for you, plus help with yet you Spanish with English would be great. Greetings and good'll be in touch
:top:

Hello everyone, 

Sooooo.... Where to begin.  I was born in Chile and taken to live in Canada as a small child. I consider myself Chilean-Canadian, although since living in Chile for the past 6 weeks I have come to realize I may be a lot more Canadian.... Yes,  I feel lost here. I moved to Chile to find "my roots" and try to reconnect with my origins.  I am looking for people who I can speak English with fluently and who know what Homer Simpson really sounds like (lol!!)... Seriously though, I am in the social work field and would like to chat with anyone looking to connect.

Hey all,

Just moved to Vina del mar from Colorado, USA.  Currently working as an avalanche forecaster in the mountains above Los Andes and living in Vina on days off.  My Spanish is beginner level and I'm trying to find people to practice with and also just looking to make friends around here.

Hi Everyone,
I am asgher,I work as a software Engineer for an IT company in Santiago,I love listening to melodies,travelling,learning new technologies amd making new friends here...

Welcome ...  Salah Kutta :D

Hows everything going??? still in Chile?
wich city do you live?

Calitos.

Hey fellow ExPats!

My name is Megan I'm a 25 year old English teacher who has been living in Valparaíso, Chile for a year and I'm moving to Iquique Chile to continue the adventure!

Does anyone have any advice for a gringa moving north? Any job leads?

So glad I found this blog!

Hello MeganKane, welcome on board :)

I suggest you take a look at our Jobs in Chile section maybe that could help.

Regards

Kenjee

Julien wrote:

Hi all,

Newbie on the Chile forum? Dont know how to start?

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Chile if you are planning to move there.

Welcome on board!

My name is Juan Morales I'm  teacher in the santiago university,and this 2 de August i travel to Boston for research conference in dthe harvard University, i need information airport to University not to miss thanks.

Hi All  !!

Moving (hopefully) to Chile in January 2015 with my husband. Both Australian, have been teaching in Japan for 6 years and Thailand 1 year and need a break from "Asia" in general :) Have travelled a lot and we are hoping to settle Santiago (but I would prefer north of) way.... So any help networks wise is always appreciated. And yes I am normally this organised :)

May not see you guys by the time I get there but would love hints and tips you guys have to share!!!

Lauren

http://www.chile.com/a_la_chilena/acerc … 59/moneda/

Visit this page and translate it if you want to know more just write me. Greetings we talk
my mail [email protected]

Im from Denmark and i wanna move to Chile. I have worked there before and my girlfriend is also from Chile. So i hope i can get some help to go there again. I have tried to apply for some jobs there,but i don`t get any answers back.

Hi I 'm Purna. How are u doing or job I just wanna make u friend and want to know about the IT in Chile .

I hope I m more begginer than you but any way practise make man perfect so let,s practice together

Can u help me to find some important information on chile. I wish to connect in my email [email protected]

Mi nombre es Marisol Vera, chilena, 47 años, soltera, secretaria ejecutiva y estudie 3 años la carrera de Psicología, en este momento me encuentro en Barcelona de vacaciones, pero la verdad me encantaría vivir una experiencia trabajando en Suiza, así poder empaparme de otra cultura e idioma, como yo digo el que no se arriesga no cruza el río. Ojalá me pudieran orientar si hay posibilidades para los latinos o si saben de empresas que contraten latinos, soy una persona súper trabajadora y responsable, muchas gracias

Hello Marisol Vera

Welcome to Expat.com!

As you are on the anglophone version of the forum, it is required to write only in english to ease interaction between members.

Best Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Julien wrote:

Hi all,

Newbie on the Chile forum? Dont know how to start?

Welcome on board!

HI everybody ,

I'm an Egyptian, planning to move to Chile within the next 6 months ,working on learning Spanish as I do not speak it .... so far, speak fluent English in addition to my mother tongue " Egyptian Arabic language  "
Was thinking about working as a taxi driver as I do have a private driving license in my country for long time
how can I do this ?

Your help & advise is highly appreciated  :-)

Hi everyone!
My name is Fernando, I'm a Young Chilean Lawyer. Most of my family members are expats (Australia, abu dabi, norway, england) so i know that sometimes life abroad can be a bit complicated, speacially regarding law topics. Please guys, feel free to contact me anytime with any kind of question or problem, i will be glad to help you answering your questions or just giving you advised.

Cheers!

HI Fernando,

I'm an Egyptian ,speak fluent English in addition to my mother tongue ( Arabic ), worked for several esteemed multinational entities, Projects, Banks & Companies,

Unfortunately, I do not speak Spanish at least for the time being :-)
Since I'm really interested in relocating in Chile, I thought you may help me advising what is best way to do that, also a roughly Idea about the cost will be very helpful,

Also as I'm not really interested any more in office Jobs I thought to work as a taxi driver ( I already have my local Driving licence since a very long time) so is it possible to apply for such professional license ( A class ) counting on my previous license acquired more than 5 years ago or I'lll still have to wait on a B Class licence for 2 years to be able to upgrade it to A class ( I did some hoe woke to get such data ;-) )

Thanks in advance
Emad M.

Hi :-) my name is Stephanie Wilson and I am a single mother wanting to exPat to chile or any other wonderful safe countries where I can raise my son and not have to worry about the United States government anymore. I'm glad to be here and welcome any advice you may have to offer. I have just recently my decision, so I am in the beginning stages of planning. I have a bachelors degree in organizational management and I am wondering what types of jobs are available for me. I only speak English fluently but I am willing to learn a new language. Thank you to the administrators of this blog :-)

hello my name is david I'll be in Zurich from October 10

Sorry I wrote in Spanish. Do you want me to translate it?
Thanks,
JamieMR

Hello everyone, hope you are fine

My name is Ricardo from Chile and i'm 23 years old and i work as business manager in Los Angeles, Chile

I just want to say to all that i'm willing to help english speaker in any inquiry so do not hesitate to contact me in any question or issue, i'll do my best to help us

The reason to do that it's for improve my english level because next year i want to move out to China to get job there so the unique choice for me now is to practice my english with more fluently.
So please i'm glad to help you non-spanish speaker!!!

Warm regards
Ricardo.

Hi....there! How are you doing?! Please I would be traveling to Chile from Ghana, West Africa very soon & I don't know anyone yet...could you be of a help & a friend....Thanks

Hi Elipao,

I am American born, live now in Miami Beach, FL, but am going to relocate to Chile in Feb 2015, as an ESL teacher.
Probably a first year or so at Santiago. After that, I had thought of moving to either Viña or Valpo.

I would love to read your comments on this.
Please use my personal email address:

[email protected]

Ciao!
Jamie

Hi Jamie, 

Nice to meet ya! It's been a while since I wrote my introduction on this forum and had actually forgotten about it. Anything you want to know about Chile just send me a PM.

Hey, Elipao!
WOW, you were quick!

What's that name? Elisenda or Elisabeth? Or just Elis?

Well, long story short: I am in touch with an English school at Santiago, but where I really want to live is by the ocean, in Viña or Valpo. This school has up to 7 centers in Chile, 4 in Santiago, 1 in Viña and 2 in the south.

So, do you know if Santiago is expensive? Afraid it is.
What about Viña and Valpo? Cheaper but not as safe?

Are there any American banks there?
How is Health Care for a foreigner?

Thank you Elipao. Will have many other questions in the future I guess.
Bye for now.

My name is JT. I am from the USA. I have been traveling the world looking for a country I want to permanently move to where I can live and work on my inventions. Hopefully I will be able to start a business where I can manufacture my inventions and do some good for my new county. I want to meet like minded people in Chile. I plan to visit Chile very soon for a couple of months and will need a base from which to travel. I want to see as much of Chile as I can so I can decide where I want to live. Is there anyone living in Chile who can help me accomplish my goals?

Elipao, Hello?

Hello! We are a family of three, couple with teenage child. We are all designers. We are now in Argentina, and we are going to move in Chile, or, better say, go to Chile for some time to look at the country. So, I think, that's it!

Hi All,

Am from Malaysia, had an eye to live and work in Santiago,Chile. Am currently well versed on the system engineering for Windows server system, Cloud engineering and Backup engineering. Am wondering how to go about to obtain a Job there in Santiago. Any sites or recommendation I could obtain?

If you need somebody to in english,we're here,,with my friends,,,

Hello,
I am a belgian girl, I arrived in october to live in Chile, I speak spanish because I already lived here 5 years ago. I love Chile, its nature and its people!
For now, I am installed in Viña del Mar, I enjoy the good weather, and I am looking for a job, I am an engineer.
I would like to meet nice people to start my new life!
Ah, and I'm looking for a second hand bicycle! :)
Cheers!
Auriane

Hi im Noemi from Philippine,i speak english a little spanish and mandarin,i like Chile,its a nice place.i am working here in Santiago.want to meet people to improve my spanish,:)
Have a niceday,,,,,don't forget to smile!,,

Noemi

Closed