Hi !...any Filipinas on here who now live / work in Spain ?

I have been chatting , in all the usual ways, for sometime now
to a Filipina, and she's the most natural , normal , honest girl
I have talked to in a long while !

It's all good so far....so we need to meet !
Now..it does make more sense for her to come to me in Spain
partly cos of money and cos I live / work here !

But....here's the question ?
apart from a 90 max. tourist visa

is there a legal way that she can come and stay permanently ???
( of course, assuming it all works as well as it has so far ! )

any help or advice ? :)

I think, the only way to fix paper is getting married, get the individual work permit is impossible, even worse by this time...

froy wrote:

I think, the only way to fix paper is getting married, get the individual work permit is impossible, even worse by this time...

Hello and thanks , Froy

yes, it seems that is the only way
from what I have learnt only today !

but do you know if a marriage must be in
Spain or the Phils, or England
or could it take place ( close to me )
in Gibraltar ?

It seems lots of difficult cases
( John Lennon / Sean Connery for example )
got married very easily and quickly there !

So....I am wondering whether we could marry
when she comes to Spain soon ?....and whether
that becomes acceptable and legal enough to
allow her to stay permanently ?

Hello Andy1007,
      Welcome to EB and goodluck to you and to your filipina GF...The best way is to marry her in Philippines and once you get all the supporting documents you can easily take her with you not unless your owning a big company in Spain and send her all the work permit that an employer usually do. anyway goodluck.:)

JasfurJQ wrote:

Hello Andy1007,
      Welcome to EB and goodluck to you and to your filipina GF...The best way is to marry her in Philippines and once you get all the supporting documents you can easily take her with you not unless your owning a big company in Spain and send her all the work permit that an employer usually do. anyway goodluck.:)

Hello JasfurJQ

and thanks very much ! ( good site !! )

Okay, dealing with the work possibilities first ...
I am not Spanish, but do have a holiday rentals company
so she could work for me ?
but as I pay my taxes to the UK Gov...( I used to have 2
companies there,so am still required to send tax returns to
them, even though i live in Spain full time, but not legally
a Resident , just on a NIE.
I think I will be able to stop this and for tax reasons, apply for full residency myself next year !)

I think she would have to find a job with a Spainish Employer
if that was possible ???..is that correct ?

So Marriage seems to be what everyone is telling me is the only
certain legal route to enter Spain !

why is it best to marry in the Phils ?
It has also been suggested we could marry in Gibraltar
as its only about 3 hours from my home .

but I am assuming this means that if we got married, she would then apply for a matrimonial Visa into Spain ?
Which would require a second visit and visa ?
As she is soon coming here, but at the moment only on a
Tourist Visa ?

Hi Andy1007,
   If you could be her employer and if you could sustain her needs like working visa or working permit which I hope it wont take long well then be more confident about it.
   Looking for Spanish Employer will also be fine as long the job offer will not be far from your place of work or resident and the employer is not that strict to his employee.
      Marriage in Phil. is so easy and legal that you can easily get your certificate as quick as you can imagine, espacially when money talks hihihi. You can easily change her status so quickly even in passport.
      Tourist visa is not renewable isn't even you marry her or find her a job, that will take a risk.:)

JasfurJQ wrote:

Hi Andy1007,
   If you could be her employer and if you could sustain her needs like working visa or working permit which I hope it wont take long well then be more confident about it.
   Looking for Spanish Employer will also be fine as long the job offer will not be far from your place of work or resident and the employer is not that strict to his employee.
      Marriage in Phil. is so easy and legal that you can easily get your certificate as quick as you can imagine, espacially when money talks hihihi. You can easily change her status so quickly even in passport.
      Tourist visa is not renewable isn't even you marry her or find her a job, that will take a risk.:)

Hi JasfurJQ

well, yes i could employ her and accommodate / pay her whatever is needed.....but as an English guy...it is not a registered Spanish Company.....only rental / holiday homes that I own .
Not sure if the Spanish Government would accept that ?

Spanish Employer....I agree , would be perfect !
but with the economic crisis here in Spain, it might be difficult now. But I will try and find some possible local
employers...so that we do get some time together , lol !!

Okay, I am beginning to realise now, that it would be better for me to go to the Phils and get married there.....and then she can legally apply for a spouse visa to live in Spain !

Dont want to take risks, although i know many who have !
thanks a lot !!!
Andy

So go to Philippines and enjoy staying there, goodluck!!!!:)

JasfurJQ wrote:

So go to Philippines and enjoy staying there, goodluck!!!!:)

Well, Ormoc City,Leyte has a nice mix of old and new...
so think it would be nice to enjoy some time there !
Thanks !! :D

Filipina here :-))
It can be difficult for you to get her a visa as your worker since you are not a spanish national furthermore,spain is suffering now from economics crisis,recessions..government would give priorities the locals for a job..SPAIN IS CLOSED FOR WORKING VISA for foreigners unless the job is something special that local government cant provide..
Better marry her in philippines then process her visa as your spouse..

OOOH DODGY!I used to live in Thailand where finding a boyfriend online and getting a visa through him and then causing him 100% hearache was very common. Do you really want to consider marriage to someone you've never met? BE CAREFUL. Sorry to be a downer

Agree with rosebently :-)
I mean,how could it be?marrying someone you dont know yet in person..??
Sorry mr.andy but i think it is so risky..
peace.....

Hey Andy, Have you solved the problem already? Anyway, have you heard of "Las Parejas de Hecho" (Legal Partner) in Spain to get her here. The procedure is much easier than getting married. Good Luck !

i think you all need a lawyer not s*** on the net i have only lived here 30yts but i never had a problem or i would have left