Heading to Bahrain

Well my hubby is currently in Bahrain doing pre looky see. He will be working in saudi but we will live in Bahrain, he is currently sending me lots of fab photos and Bahrain looks great. I have posted before about where to live as we quite liked Amwaj but we know his commute time will be longer, thing is our daughter is at Uni and its just us, the cat and dog and Amwaj ticks all the boxes in what we are looking for...
So my question is?? Does anyone live in Amwaj but do the commute to Saudi every day? Could you be so kind as to tell me how much of a nightmare it is or isn't?? I know that you do not get the same bang for you buck accommodation wise, but we have lived in Singapore for two years in a 1700 sq ft condo which is $11000 sing dollars a month so we are not too fussy on size...
Thank you again for any comments and i look forward to seeing Bahrain in April when we do our looky see :-)

Dear I Guees u have to think about hamala area it's so nice as well , many nice campounds over there and it's too near to the Saudi bridge

Someone my husband works with lives in Amwaj and commutes to Jubail.  However, he does not come back home every night as its too far for him and involves 430am starts and 7pm back in the house.

Its really going to be a decision for your husband as to how long he is prepared to spend on the road.

Two friends of mine is doing a commute from Amwaj to Khobar on a daily basis and another friend of mine is about to move to Amwaj and he is going to commute to Khobar. Moving to Amwaj will add 20-30 minutes to your journey each way compared to you living somewhere close to the causeway. If your husband doesn't mind up to an hour additional daily commute, he should be fine.

Thanks Brightonguy and all the other comments much appreciated.... :up:

30 minutes added to your journey always depends on what time he leaves. He will have to travel through very congested area's to get to the causeway. He will have to leave quite early to miss all the traffic. Amwaj is lovely but do explore the closer area's before making up your mind.

I know a few people who have left Amwaj due to bad landlords, People doing day lets on their properties and there being huge, loud and messy parties on the beach at all hours. Jet skiing going crazy from none residents who manage to get inside the security ( you just drive past them)

Always best to get all the good points and bad points so you can make an informed decision

Good luck

Hamala , SAAR , Janabyia is the best for you guys as there is 100s of former  families with  same situation, plus the villas in these area so big and green .. i can send you some photos on whats app as it easier for me ..
let me know