Princess Noura University English teachers?

I will be leaving South Africa shortly for Saudi - Princess Noura university and would very much like to know what the accommedation is like and some general questions like - is there accommedation there...yet as i believe it is still being built!
thanks
viv

umm, so in what city is PNU?

PNU is in Riyadh, north part on the airport road

Princess Noura university is a famous university, it will be one of the largest universities in riyadh, so go a head and never be worried,about the accommodation most of foreigner prefer to live in western compounds .

I studied my last year there and it was under construction at that time and i still can see while passing by the area that it's not yet finished as its a very huge project
http://www.constructionweekonline.com/p … in-riyadh/

Hope u will enjoy working in PNU
and here are some pics
& about the accomodation i have no idea but as R-M said Hopefully it will be in a compound.
:)

Well, not to be discouraging but I've heard from those who work there that the housing isn't completed, the place is totally disorganized and there isn't much in the line of teaching resources (so come prepared!).

Best of luck.

please help!
can anyone give me the HR phone no of princess noura university as i am searching for a faculty job as iam a masters in computers and i heard that there are jobs in noura university ,

Thanks (inadvance)

The wife of one of a member of this forum, Chanakya, is an American lady who teaches at Princess Noura University and they have been gioven accomodation in an apartment complex that has been rented by the Uni on Olaya Road opposite the Toyota Lexus Showroom. You may contact Chankya and inquire.

I talked to Chan and he stated that it is very important to have the contracts agreed upon and signed with the management intially so that the employee is fully aware of its trerms and conditions.

The information I have on PNU is that Bell promises a lot and delivers little.

BEWARE!

I think it is nice

Sadly, Rachel Sharma, wife of Chanakya (a member of this forum) has resigned her job as an English Teacher and the two of them are leaving the country for good after only a few months in the Kingdom.

Apparently she has been treated very badly by the management. So sad, indeed!

Arab News Story of Tue Dec 29, 2009

Row at Girls Teachers College sparks faculty, student protests
Sarah Abdullah | Arab News

JEDDAH: A row between the director of Al-Faisal Academy in Riyadh, the agent they hired and teachers working at the Girls Teachers College, which is under King Abdul Aziz University (KAU), has led to the sackings, and resignations, of English language teachers as well as student protests.

The protesting teachers say that they signed a contract with Mohammed Yasin, an agent hired by Al-Faisal Academy, to work as English language instructors in a preparatory English language program for recipients of the King Abdullah Scholarship Program.

Part of the row is over payment. The contract states that they would be paid their salaries on the fourth week of each month. However, they were only paid for two weeks last Wednesday and promised the remaining two weeks salary on Saturday.

“I was expecting to be paid on Saturday but was met instead by controversy,” Faculty Supervisor at the Girls Teachers College Sharia Walker told Arab News.

According to various sources, the row allegedly erupted when Abdulaziz Al-Rafi, executive director of Al-Faisal Academy, visited the college with the intention of immediately meeting the female teachers working at the institution, located off Khaled bin Walid Street.

Yasin said he refused, claiming Al-Rafi had no jurisdiction in demanding to see the teachers and that his contract with Al-Faisal Academy stipulated anyone could only coordinate with employees of the teachers' college through him. Walker said that she and the other teachers knew that if they decided to meet with Al-Rafi they would be in breach of their contracts.

“The teachers know they are not allowed to have contact with anyone except Yasin or work for any third party, so this is why we refused,” Walker said. To settle the issue, Walker said she decided to meet with Al-Rafi as a representative of the faculty. “At the meeting, I introduced myself and my position at the college to Al-Rafi who said he did not want to meet with me or anyone, only all the faculty members,” she said.

According to other sources he then arrived with a letter that severed the deal with Yasin and stated all faculty members would be paid directly. He then allegedly sent secretaries to each class asking teachers who had initially dealt with Yasin to sign. The sources added that those who did not agree were told to consider themselves terminated.

“Many of the teachers, because they were teaching, disregarded the letter until after class. However those teachers who did not immediately sign were given black X's next to their names and were told they were terminated and were not going to be paid the rest of their salaries,” Walker said. Another senior administrator, Ajwad Kurdi, said she was astonished at what has happened. “I was in Riyadh at the time and had no knowledge of a problem. I received a call from Yasin who told me to go to the girls college immediately so I went there directly from the airport.

“Once I got there I tried to meet the executive director of Al-Faisal Academy,” Kurdi said, adding that the reason he gave for not meeting her was because he had heard her and Walker had resigned on Wednesday, which she added was not true.

Walker added that the teachers drafted a letter to the Minister of Higher Education Khaled Al-Anqari explaining the problems but have yet to receive a reply.

Yasin had also offered to release the contract he had with Al-Rafi and allow him to sign new contracts with the teachers provided that Al-Rafi honored his previous contract to pay the teachers up to Dec. 23, which is the end of the program.

Arab News tried to contact Al-Rafi and Al-Faisal Academy but they refused to comment.

Since Monday morning Saudi teachers have now arrived to teach, but instead of having 25 students per teacher as usual, they have merged as many as 100 students per class. Students have protested by refusing to attend classes.

Dear Friend, i too am interested in the Princess Noura University. Could u pl share the university website link details.

I am able to get only the arabic link.

I wish u good luck at Noura University.
u could ask the university for accomodation in the campus, that would save lot of travel time.

Thanks & Regards,
Sameena

hi..Good day!!!!!!

i am female software Engineer, staying riyadh,hands on experince in ,Ajax,PHP,CSS,HTML,XML,.NET,SQL, Looking for a web developemnt job in riyadh, anyone can help me to get a IT job here . Thank you very much

Hi Elizaa! You should post in the Saudi Arabia classifieds > job.

Thank you and good luck!

ok thank you

u can also send a detailed resume to
[email protected]

they are an HR recruiting office working here in KSA

thak you very much

Dear Friend, i too am interested in the Princess Noura University. can anyone give me the HR phone no of princess noura university as i am searching for a faculty job in teaching field,i am a masters in Science & Bachelor in Education well experience with computers, even i heard that there are jobs in noura university for teacher.

Kindly share & let me know some contact nos or Email ID's.
Appreciate your help in advance.

Hi All;

Just wanted to let those of you looking to work at PNU for this school year that we are still recruiting for PNU. You can send you resume to [email protected]

And for those of you looking to see pictures of the Staff compound for PNU, go to our facebook.

CvCircular
Making Recruitment Easy

Heres the Job Specification as contained in the CVCIRCULAR website: http://www.cvcircular.com/display_job/4 … niversity-(females-only).html

Princess Noura University (females only)

Job ID: 47904Job Views: 108Location:, RiyadhJob Category: ESL InstructorEmployment Type: Full timeSalary: Posted: 08-28-2010

Full time

Job Description

1. Working hours
8AM-4PM – 40hrs per week

2. Vacation time
The twelfth month of the contract is the employee's vacation time.  Teachers also get 2 holiday breaks: Ramadan (September) and Hajj (November), each vacation lasting 2 weeks. There is also be an intermission of one week between the first and second terms, in addition to a mid-semester break in the second term.

3. Total salary range
from $27,000 to $50,000 / annually 

4. Housing
The Company provides fully furnished shared housing. The accommodation is in a secure Compound which  has 3Bedroom Villas , it is shared by three Instructors.
Non-shared housing (generally 2-bedroom apartments in hotel residence) is also available to married women when their families visit them.

5. Transportation
Transportation to and from work is provided.  In the event that the employee does not benefit from this transport, she receives an allowance of 600 SR per month

6. Single or family status
Married women cannot sponsor their dependents. The latter can only come to the Kingdom on visitor visas, which do not allow them to work or go to school.  Only married men can sponsor their dependents to get Residence visas. However, Embassies may agree to add dependents on some women's visas. In this case, the company pays the air passage for both the employee and her dependents (up to 3). The employee's health insurance will also cover her dependents (up to 3). Temporary family housing will be available.  If she chooses to reside elsewhere, she will receive a housing allowance equaling 25 % of her salary (in two disbursements)

7. Type of visa offered
Work visa

8. no. of return tickets
one annually (plus up to 3 for Residence-Visa-holding-dependents when applicable)

9. Visas available for what nationalities
Only work visas are available

Job Requirements
  1.Female - Native Speakers: We have visas for USA,UK ,Canada ,Australia ,New Zeeland

2. Hold at least a BA in English or Education with a concentration in English

3. Candidates who only hold a BA in a non-related field must also hold a TESL/TEFL/TESOL/CELTA or DELTA Certificate

4. All candidates need at least 2 years of teaching experience

Hey, folks.

I realize that the poster asked about jobs at PNU but I think the last two posts constitute classified ads.

I think both of them should have been sent via PM and their placement here seems commercial.

It doesn't really harm anyone as long as the link and info will assist people to find suitable jobs in the region.

MisterStretch wrote:

Hey, folks.

I realize that the poster asked about jobs at PNU but I think the last two posts constitute classified ads.

I think both of them should have been sent via PM and their placement here seems commercial.

I reported them--should be in the classifieds.

And, mm, while their benefits sound wonderful, they don't always (usually?) fulfill what they've promised.  Why do you think that year after year they are seeking to replace so many teachers?

no doubt about that, puddy tat
it was just info for those who wanted it
we have already delved on the merits and demerits of PNU on the forum and the info is available to all to see

As said by musicman, it doesn't harm, but as said Allie, this ad should be in the classifieds ;)

Well, its under contruction...the whole compound... i just visited the site recently...it is one of the biggest project of saudi arabia for 2010...

Its a very big compound...

For sure, you'll like it, once it is finished...

I am sorry that our post has caused such a disturbance. We were only trying to provide information about PNU.

The site that you see online which is under construction, is the new building for the university.The building that they are in now, is actually only about 4 years old or less and already they are building the new facility. We will have picture of the current PNU campus on our Facebook page next week.

When the current building was 1st opened they shared the building with KSU. This was only to be until KSU got there own building which was under construction at the time. Then because of some misunderstandings, KSU was asked to move out and go to there new building, which, at the time, was still under construction.

Bell International never ran the PYP program for PNU. It is ran by Arab Education and Training group (our client).

All this information i know first hand, as i have been in Riyadh for the passed 4 years.

@CvCircular, You could try asking your client to try and beef up his HR&Admin Department, please. They suck, baaaaad!

HI, I have interviewed with an agent to go to Riyadh, and teach intensive english, I would love to hear from the married couple who left their facilities and ask them some questions about their experience.

ciao, Sarah

Sarah,

Go to Dave's ESL Cafe, to the Saudi Arabia forum, and you'll find multiple discussions about teaching at PNU. 

They're all teachers  so you'll get any and all questions answered that you don't find on the threads.

Best of luck.

CURRICULUM VITAE

Career Objective

To grow Personally and Professionally in dynamic environment and give full satisfaction to my Employer , Colleagues and work with best of my Knowledge.

Personal Profile

Name                             :        Asma Azhar
Father's Name               :       Azhar Ahmad
Mother's Name             :       Roushan Jahan
Date of Birth                 :       20th  November1988
Marital Status                :       Single
Nationality                    :       Indian
Languages Known        :       English,Urdu,Arabic
Hobbies                         :       Listening music,surfing net
E-Mail Address             :       [email protected]
Siblings                         :       3 Bothers ,no sister
Contact                          :       [removed]
Iqama                            :        Transferable

Educational Qualifications

•    Persuing MCA(Master's of Computer Application)
•    Completed BCA (Bachelor's of Computer Application)
•    Completed BA (Bachelor's of Arts)
•    Intermediate Passed-IISR
•    Completed ASP.Net
•    Installation of hardware and Software applications of All -Windows (98-2000-XP-SERVER) Microsoft XP Professional and Internet Browsing.
•    Taking care of server and update antivirus.
•    Customer support and taking care of office systems.
•    Have Knowledge in C,C++,Java,Unix.
•    Have knowledge in MS Office.

Work experience

•    September 2007-Worked as maths teacher in Yara International School  for grade 5th and 6th.
•    January 2009-Worked in Meraq company as a computer operator.
•    September 2010-Working as a teacher in Taqwa International School.

Well, its under contruction...the whole compound... i just visited the site recently...it is one of the biggest project of saudi arabia for 2010...

Its a very big compound...

For sure, you'll like it, once it is finished...

I drive by it every day on the way to my project right next to it.  Scheduled 2 yr construction.  Like I said b4 they are working 24/7.  Not gonna make it.  If you wanna teach there, might be later than they are saying for their new digs. Al-Shallah (sp?) certainly applies to completion of that project.

Oh, liked the resume (CV).  What's with that?  Maybe I'll post mine. Oh by the way, what am I doing up at 1 AM for?  I've got to get up in about 3-1/2 hrs. I think it's called stupid.  Went to bed once but woke up.

I dont believe Julien is recrutiing for PNU?

CivEngr, the costruction site is the new PNU. They already have a campus in Riyadh on the Exit 9 Road (Imam Muhammad Street) which is fully functional and active.

Once completed they say that the new PNU will be the largest female Uni in the region.

Big, is sure beautiful in Arabia?

Like I said, drive by it every day about 40-50 billion SR worth.  It is huge.  They will even have their own internal tramway system.  Seen the plans and Archtitectural renderings during a meeting there.

asma_2468 wrote:

CURRICULUM VITAE

Career Objective

To grow Personally and Professionally in dynamic environment and give full satisfaction to my Employer , Colleagues and work with best of my Knowledge.

Personal Profile

Name                             :        Asma Azhar
Father's Name               :       Azhar Ahmad
Mother's Name             :       Roushan Jahan
Date of Birth                 :       20th  November1988
Marital Status                :       Single
Nationality                    :       Indian
Languages Known        :       English,Urdu,Arabic
Hobbies                         :       Listening music,surfing net
E-Mail Address             :       [email protected]
Siblings                         :       3 Bothers ,no sister
Contact                          :       [removed]
Iqama                            :        Transferable

l.

Are you sure you want to post this on this forum where anyone can read your phone number??? :|

HI asma_2468! Could you please post your CV under Riyadh classifieds> jobs section and not on the forum.
Thank you.

musicman wrote:

I dont believe Julien is recrutiing for PNU?

no we don't :D

I removed the phone number from that message

aw gee.. and I was just about to call him :P