The Jordan less traveled

If you live in Jordan - or just know it very well - what would you tell visitors to see?  The guidebooks all mention Petra and Jerash, but there has to be far more to see and do.

Where do the locals go?  What do most visitors to Jordan miss?

Well Hailey, depends what you are into and how much time you have.
You MUST see Petra and Jerash indeed but also the Dead Sea, Madaba (Nebo mountain), Um Qais, desert castles,  Wadi Mujib is extraordinary beautiful,  King's High way,  Wadi rum, Aqaba. ..
As a matter of fact: whole Jordan is a must see. :D

Hi Haily, first of all welcome to Jordan , may i know what Date are you Planning to visit Jordan
I would Give you the Same recommendation was Mentioned above by Primadonna.
Also if you needed any help During your stay in Jordan do not hesitate to contact me,

Regards

Salaam Ashrafa,

Ahlan wa Sahlan and welcome on board to this site.
I hope you will like it here.

If I go - and that's a big if - it will be in August.  Probably not the best time to go to the Middle East, but that's when it's going to be.

The Dead Sea seems like an interesting place.  Are there any parts of it better than others?  Or is it all the same no matter where you are?

Dead Sea in August???

The humidity is at that time very high and the temperature as well. Not a pleasant time to stay.
But if you have no other choice then I suggest to stay at a five star hotel and enjoy the luxury.

Hi.

You can always have a nice day in Madaba, you can also stay for a night.

they have a nice hotels such as grandhotelmadaba.com

you can check it

Cheers

Samer

Hi Hailey, Madaba has lots to offer and interesting places surrounding Madaba... Good luck with your search.... Jordan is really great!!!
Rina

Rinag wrote:

Hi Hailey, Madaba has lots to offer and interesting places surrounding Madaba... Good luck with your search.... Jordan is really great!!!
Rina

Yes - Madaba is cool!

Primadonna wrote:

Dead Sea in August???

The humidity is at that time very high and the temperature as well. Not a pleasant time to stay.
But if you have no other choice then I suggest to stay at a five star hotel and enjoy the luxury.

I agree - you'll be boiled alive!