Do you know...

... that IKEA is coming to town???

The latest information that I have is that it will open his doors at the end of this year.
The location is nearby the airport road, on the way to Madaba.

I'am so happy but at the same time I realize that the prizes will be extremely high.
Nevertheless my wish-list is already finished so I count the days.

And what about you?

SherriO wrote:

No way?!  I have been wanting to go to Saudi, just so I could go to IKEA.  Have you actually seen a site under construction?

No, there is not yet a website, even under construction.
When you google for ikea-amman, then you can see more info.
But don't worry: I saw the building with my own two eyes!!!

@ Doveomeri: don't worry about it.
What kind of large company you're talking about?

Yayyyy... finally IKEA in Amman... brought a lot of bedsheets / bedcovers when I was back home visiting families... just love the quality of their bedsheets.. Me can't wait... Let's shop  once it is open ,Primadonna :)

Ikea will open next year, like january or february i think.

Just wait making your shopping!!

Cheers

me too... i have the IKEA under construction... when i was coming from airport to inside-city

umm jacoub wrote:

Yayyyy... finally IKEA in Amman... brought a lot of bedsheets / bedcovers when I was back home visiting families... just love the quality of their bedsheets.. Me can't wait... Let's shop  once it is open ,Primadonna :)

My idea ;)

Last week I saw the construction and I knew that it will be never finished before the end of this year.
So Jathy you are right.
We have to wait a couple of months extra :(

but as far as I known, IKEA is famous for it low price and edge acceptable quality... how can it increase it price in Amman individually?

Besides IKEA, I also want to see MediaMarket/Best Buy here. I can not bear with the poor quality of some elic facility times by times.. although most of them are made in china...

waitforever007 wrote:

but as far as I known, IKEA is famous for it low price and edge acceptable quality... how can it increase it price in Amman individually?

Say "thanks" to the high taxes in Jordan :(

Latest update:

they schedule opening in the summer.

Shoot, just wait for another 5 or maybe more months...

IKEA is not cheap at all... I have it in my country for a few years, close to my home and I visit it many times... beautiful products, unique models, good fabrics... but quality has a price...

I agree with you but it is still cheaper then the furniture you can buy here, if it is european brand of fabrics.
Once I went to a new store at Meccastreet with Swedish furniture but what they ask for prizes... it was not normal.

I pay rather a little bit more what I really like and knowing that the quality is good.
I hate when you buy something and within a short period it is broken or what so ever.

I did read the same thing here in the states. Not sure where I seen it but it's very true "IKEA coming to Amman"

Did it make it and open this summer?  If so, has anyone checked out its stock and prices?  Sheets were something we were going to bring.. and with an Ikea I may be able to buy things there!  And hallelujah for that style furniture as opposed to what I saw last time I went furniture browsing in Irbed...

Unfortunately the IKEA store is still under construction.
From what I heard it will be not open before Spring next year :sosad::sosad::sosad:

Two weeks ago I bought a dining area and it I was so happy that I found one that I liked.
And the best part of it was that the store is located down the street where I live.

I know what you mean about the style of the furniture, it is so different then what I like. Special in smaller places like Irbid.
If you want more modern style you have to look in Amman.
There are stores who sells design furniture but you need also design money.

Yeah, my husband was commenting that for the prices of some things we could probably have something we liked made.  But that's for later, not for now.  I'm afraid that he's going to choose furniture before I get there and that it is going to be terrible :P

So sad about Ikea!  I guess we'll have to wait and see how pricing and stock is!

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:   

Ikea open the doors on this coming Thursday March 6th!!!!

We will get rewarded for waiting for so long.

Enjoy shopping or wondering if you need nothing.

Yay!

Do they have those Swedish meatballs?

Yes they do,  probably in the halal version.

That just strikes me as funny for some reason.  Arabic meatballs are better than Swedish meatballs anyway.

Never tried Ikea meatballs so I can't tell.