Pets in Salalah?

Hi everyone.

I may be moving to Salalah in the next couple of months. I would be bringing my animals with me. Is there a vet in Salalah and is dog & cat food regularly available?
Does anybody else have pets there?
Thanks

Lancashirelass :D

good topic..even i would love to know if you are allowed to keep pets here...saw a pet store somewhere but u get pet food in lulu hypermarket easily...

Thanks for your reply Dr Sumit. Was beginning to worry :(. From what I have read elsewhere the nearest vet is in Muscat but they do visit Salalah a couple of times a year. At least I know I will be able to buy pet food from Lulu's.

Can you ask around to see if anybody else has dogs there for me.
Would be much appreciated. :)
Thanks

I'm looking for a cat to own <3 anyone selling?

It is true there is no vet in Salalah, the closest is 1000 kms away in muscat who apparently do visit salalah once every 2 months. That has been our reservation towards adoptig a pet here as there is noone in case of an emergency.

That is very unfortunate :(
i will probably just adopt a stray cat :D

even i wanna adopt a stray cat
wat is the method ?

Hi there,
as much as I know, there is no vet in Salalah. I was looking to bring my old Caniche friend here, but I've been advised otherwise, mostly because she's old.
There are some people having dogs in Salalah, and I may say it's much more friendly place to be here, considering the climate.
All I know is that there is a vet in Muscat only, where you can reach both by plane or by car.
You can find food, for dogs and for cats, for birds too, at least I always saw in LuLu Hypermarket.
One coleague told me that not everyone is accepting dogs. Depending on where you will stay here, you should better check before.
I will try to get more information about it. Oh, I didn't even look at the date of your post, I hope I am not out-of-date.
Anyway, you are welcome here in Salalah!

Can you please let me know who is the vet coming to Salalah from Muscat? A contact number will help. My dog is really ill and we don't know what to do! Please reply fast! Thanks.

You want pet cat?

Hello Grawp,

Welcome on board  :)

Do you have a cat to offer ? ;)

Cheers,
Bhavna

Hi,

I have a cat to offer for adoption in Salalah. He's 14 months old, indoor cat, very clean and playful. He is vaccinated and neutered. I must leave Oman and I cannot take him with me. Let me know if you could help.

I have a cute ginger brown cat six months old which had taken its vaccines and have a passport. Since I am leaving salalah I wish to hand over to someone who would take good care of him. I want to give him free of Cost. Any takers...?

I understand that you are looking for a cat. I have a cute ginger brown six months old male cat. He is very clean, playful and bred indoor so far. Since I am leaving Salalah I want to hand over to some one to take good care of him. He is too young to be neutered but vaccines are done and have a paasport.
If you need please let me know. It is free of cost.

Hello there! I am looking for a female maltese puppy of atleast 1-2 month old.....
I live in salalah.....
If any please email me....
Thank You!

It should be at low cost like 30 to 40 rials

Please do it as soon as possible....
and it will be good if it will be of white colour...