Decent source of flight information ?

For some of us out in the sticks its not possible to get to travel agents / airports etc very often to get a handle on flight timetables etc.

Afriqiyah's website is pretty good but Buraq, Libyan and the rest seem to be a bit of a deadloss.

Has anyone come across a good site with reliable information and maybe even the option to book flights ?

TIA

LibyanJag wrote:

For some of us out in the sticks its not possible to get to travel agents / airports etc very often to get a handle on flight timetables etc.

Afriqiyah's website is pretty good but Buraq, Libyan and the rest seem to be a bit of a deadloss.

Has anyone come across a good site with reliable information and maybe even the option to book flights ?

TIA

I just use this one mate - http://www.expedia.com/ Tripoli to Aberdeen return $493 US

You'd need to pay me a lot more than $493US to go to Aberdeen ;-)

On a serious note, Expedia etc don't cover any of the libyan airlines and are therefore useless for lots of flights from TIP also internal flights e.g. TIP to BEN or for the majority of flights out of Benghazi.

LibyanJag wrote:

You'd need to pay me a lot more than $493US to go to Aberdeen ;-)

On a serious note, Expedia etc don't cover any of the libyan airlines and are therefore useless for lots of flights from TIP also internal flights e.g. TIP to BEN or for the majority of flights out of Benghazi.

Yikes forgot where you were mate, haven't looked in detail but try - http://www.afriqiyah.aero/

thanks Clansman

Its definitely the best local airline website but they've stopped flying to Benghazi. Also keen to get info about other airlines.

LibyanJag wrote:

thanks Clansman

Its definitely the best local airline website but they've stopped flying to Benghazi. Also keen to get info about other airlines.

Here you go as far as Benghazi is concerned - http://www.skyscanner.net/flights-to/be … rport.html

This has some interesting links in it for Tripoli -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripoli_In … al_Airport

www.flightstats.com is a good site to get an idea of the scheduled flights. If you search for Benghazi for example it will show all scheduled departures and arrivals on a given day.

No direct booking unfortunately.

thanks Bareskillz - appreciated

hello m8 :) I'm Mohamed from Alwatania Travel Agency, if you want to know about any info about any flight just hit me (moderated) ;)
sincerely

hey, you may want to make a preliminary bookings ;) just post me
by the way this is for every one :)

have good day

try this website :

i ever used it to buy... it even cheaper than airlines its self...but take ur date of travel well...cuz hard to change it.

travelpack.com

they accept visa , MasterCard  credit & debit as well.

Also try farecompare.com

thanks folks - especially Hamafloyd

what I found was that the best thing to do in Libya is to go to a travel agent - not only do they actually know when all the internal flights go ( which are almost never on the internet ) but just as importantly they get you good prices.

As an example, Tripoli to Malta on expedia or Airmalta.com is up to 3 times more expensive than booking in person via an agent !

Coming from the UK this is a big surprise !

hope this helps someone else.

Check makemytrip.com and you can get ticket for almost any where in the world all you require is to have either VISA or MASTER Card.

good news - I gather Libyan Airlines website has actually started working

Yikes!  I am in the UK, it is a huge national holiday in Libya, I am arriving to Tripoli tomorrow lunchtime, and need to fly on to Benghazi the same day.  Thus far, no luck at all booking the Libyan section of the flight, in spite of sporadic operation of the Libyan Airlines website.  Any ideas??  Can I buy tickets at the airport tomorrow?  I see eight flights are at least scheduled to fly tomorrow to Benghazi, so I live in hope!

Any advice gratefully received, and eid mubarak to all! :)

your best bet is to purchase tickets to Bengazhi at Tripoli airport. I doubt that all 8 flights would be full, although you never know during these long holiday period. Good luck to you anyhow!

wildcats...

try the new website of Libyan AirLines..

i'm not sure that u able to buy a ticket online...

click here Libyan Airlines

regards,

Cheers all.  I am on the edge of my seat now, travel tomorrow and will post the results of my efforts to buy tickets at the airport :/

@wildcat - I would love to know how things worked out for you getting your flight to ben ghazi at tip airport. hope things worked out!

Well, we arrived in Tripoli, and went to the Libyan Airlines office, who told us all flights were full.  So we tried a travel agents instead - two doors to the left of the entrance into the airport; I must recommend them! - who moved heaven and earth to get us onto the only seats left that day (or for the next few days!!)  We ended up on a mad dash through the airport, and travelling with children on laps, after showing they were in fact quite small children to various officials.  Top marks to the agency and Al-Buraq who carried us, and gave us faith in humanity once again!!

The lesson I learnt is that I will now book my internal flights BEFORE I LEAVE THE COUNTRY via a Libyan travel agent, as I don't think it can be done abroad.  The Libyan Airlines website has all the trappings of a book-it-online affair, but it won't do it!

BTW we didn't travel Saturday - we were in time for our BA flight, but refused flying as "there was not enough time to clear security"!!!  Grrrrr....  England is a place with a few rules too many I think....

glad it worked out for you, and thanks for the tips!